Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to beat the Lims!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How to beat the Lims!

Limericks game plan, sit back and let opposition attack and get them on the break (usually route one, when with the wind).

Midfield very average. Keeper and right back not great. Center backs rock soild try and bring them outfield if possible. But the key to beating them is just be patience and not try and force things.

Come on the Tribesmen!!!
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking re

You hav'nt seen limerick play that much by your comments,forget it it's division 1 next season again for ye.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

ester ester

i know your taking the mick but please you left out one vital component..a ref who adds on 8 mins for ye to equalize. Oh and the right back...captan of the irish under 19 team???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: How to beat the Lims!

Originally posted by Estar
    But the key to beating them is just be patience and not try and force things.
    You'd want to be very patient - we haven't been beaten in 10 games. Although we shouldn't really correct you in your views, rather just hope that every one else in Kildare thinks the same when they come to the Pike.

And sure that match will probably be academic anyway.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: re

Originally posted by maineman
    You hav'nt seen limerick play that much by your comments,forget it it's division 1 next season again for ye.
    In all fairness lads, if ye don't make the playoffs and go up, I'd say ye will only have a hand full of players next season. IMO Limerick are not good enough for the Premier Divison, if ye go up ye'll come straight back down. The only club that could go up and stay i'm sad to say is Bray.

Hope ye prove me wrong. Where is the best place to go for a drink (the ball and chain won't be with me) before a game in Pike? Is the bar in the Parkway still on the go ? No names of pubs in South hill!
    Any condescension detected in this post is fully unintentional and is solely the perception of the reader. If I think you're an idiot, I'll tell you that. You won't need to intuit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Re: Re: re

In all fairness lads, if ye don't make the playoffs and go up, I'd say ye will only have a hand full of players next season. IMO Limerick are not good enough for the Premier Divison, if ye go up ye'll come straight back down. The only club that could go up and stay i'm sad to say is Bray.

Hope ye prove me wrong. Where is the best place to go for a drink (the ball and chain won't be with me) before a game in Pike? Is the bar in the Parkway still on the go ? No names of pubs in South hill!
    You're probably right there sadly...we will lose a lot of our good players. O'Flynn is rumoured to be linked with Pats and maybe Cork City. Finny will be snapped up. O'Mahoney will surely play at a higher level. Longford have just shown an interest in Paddy Purcell. Sweeney will get a premier club, and if Derek keeps improving as he has been, then he'll get a move too. I think thats what we'll lose, .i.e. everything!
    I think Harps could survive. They'd get big gates, and have a few quid to spend. Bray, I'm not so sure of, and Dublin City will come back down quicker than....well, I won't say.
    The best places to get a drink before the match are, presuming you're getting the train, Charlie St Georges, big rugby / sporting pub straight across from the station, or Patsy Nicholas, big sporting pub, turn right at station gates, and go 300 metres down the road on to Gerald Griffin St.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Trying to get a crew together, a non drinker will drive, hope its not me.

Do Charlie St Georges or Patsy Nicholas do B&B? We will drink win lose or draw, more so if we lose.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Re: How to beat the Lims!

Limericks game plan, sit back and let opposition attack and get them on the break (usually route one, when with the wind).

Midfield very average. Keeper and right back not great. Center backs rock soild try and bring them outfield if possible. But the key to beating them is just be patience and not try and force things.
    Estar, are you sure you haven't been watching our GAA team?

This route one rhetoric is ironic coming from you lot (I know that horses have hooves but you take hoofing to extremes sometimes). The midfield has a player who's played underage at several levels for Ireland (up to U-19) and was once nominated for Irish Junior player of the year in Brendan Sweeney, a Cork City target in Brendan Hughes, Ross Cosgrave who played with Waterford in the Premier last season.

The right back who you say isn't great is a current Irish U-19 international. People with much more clout in the game than anybody from Kildare has ever had clearly think much more of him than you do!

But anyway, I wouldn't pay much heed to any of what you said. Once we get a result off Galway we'll have avoided defeat against every other team in this division over the last series of games.

And as well as that Kildare fans raved about Ciarán Foley which says a lot about the type of football they're into at Station Road...

By the way, why not just use the bar at Pike???
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: How to beat the Lims!

Originally posted by sadloserkid
    And as well as that Kildare fans raved about Ciarán Foley which says a lot about the type of football they're into at Station Road...

well that certainly wasn't me or anyone I know. My feelings about the "balding greg louganis" are well documented.

Limerick play a good brand of football..no dispute there.

County fans are debating whether Eric Hannigan should be sacked . A limerick fan posted on our messageboard

"Eric Hannigan is the best manager Limerick ever had"......says it all really

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Re: Re: Re: How to beat the Lims!

Originally posted by Countyman
    well that certainly wasn't me or anyone I know. My feelings about the "balding greg louganis" are well documented.

Limerick play a good brand of football..no dispute there.

County fans are debating whether Eric Hannigan should be sacked . A limerick fan posted on our messageboard

"Eric Hannigan is the best manager Limerick ever had"......says it all really
    There was definately a Kildare County branch of the CF fan club (Deise Deserter was President of the Limerick branch )

What is your message board addy, I'd be interested in following that discussion myself!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you are more than welcome. The official forum was shut down because of dissenting voices and since it repoened a post calling for hannigan to step down was deleted . I know you value free speech so avoid that one.

try the new one (with no censorship) County Supporters forum

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: How to beat the Lims!

Didn't know Limerick had a GAA team?

Ross Cosgrave who played with Waterford in the Premier last season. Is that a fact?

The right back, your seem to fancy him a lot.

As for your team style, what can I say sometimes ye can be very direct.

And as well as that Kildare fans raved about Ciarán Foley which says a lot about the type of football they're into at Station Road... Its a great to know hes not playing, loved scoring against County.

By the way, why not just use the bar at Pike??? OOH we will make use of it!!!! Never in the Pike before.

Lets get it on!!
    Last edited by Estar; 11/11/2003 at 3:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Re: Re: Re: How to beat the Lims!

[Lets get it on!! [/B]
    Shame it'll be an academic visit for ye by then...having finished fifth and all that!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: How to beat the Lims!

Originally posted by joeSoap
    Shame it'll be an academic visit for ye by then...having finished fifth and all that!!

Still it will be nice to visit Irelands only City run by gun touting drug gangs.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Being originally from Waterford myself I can tell you that SLK has astonishingly made a slip. Ross Cosgrave never played Premier football with Waterford last season - he played it this season. Rumours abound as to why he was left go - whether it was down to him or to conduct not befitting is all up in the air. However he has recently started gelling with the team and I think he was definitely a good signing for us.

SLK (making up for that mistake ) has quite clearly listed a rake of reasons that discount your initial argument.

Liek the way you resorted to the "Dub journalism" technique in your last post - really points out Kildares' independance from the capital!
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to beat the Lims!

Still it will be nice to visit Irelands only City run by gun touting drug gangs.
    Coming from a suburb of Tallaght, you'd appreciate the fine art of gun toting and drug dealing....enjoy

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As everyone knows Cork is the real capital of ireland but I digress.

Being close to the biggest city in Ireland has its advantages too...dont get me wrong.

For international soccer and rugby games I can make Lansdowne in an hour on a good day.

For top international rock concerts like Metallica and Red Hot CHilli Peppers it only takes about 45 minutes and I dont need to fork out for b&b's and hotels.

Croke Park too is only a 45 minute drive away..then again thats a place Limerick footballers and hurlers dont see too often.

For flights to far away places or boats to the UK or continent I too make the airport and docks in under an hour.

I have a plethora of fine dining and pubs within a 25 mile radius with an extensive array of beautiful women of all nationalities . (Remember the ratio of single women to men up here is about 6 to 1...pity I'm engaged)

With christmas looming I have an extensive choice of shopping plazas to choose from all within a 30 minute drive.

Although I detest the jealous views many of you have regarding our affliation to County Dublin I am just pointing out some of the advantages of being from a County that borders our Nations Official Capital.

..as for the disadvantages

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Remember the ratio of single women to men up here is about 6 to 1

That's a god dam lie!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Being close to the biggest city in Ireland has its advantages too...dont get me wrong.

Remember the ratio of single women to men up here is about 6 to 1

Glad to see that you are finally accepting that you are part of Dublin. Limerick fans have really done you a service.

It is hard living outside of Dublin alright not having any shops, restaurants, pubs, airports, roads or women.

As for your statistic about the gender ratio - even if it wasn't a lie - it doesn't make you better off. Have you seen the state of Dublin women. Fair City it ain't!
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Kildare Dictionary

Woman: Female of species, normally 2.5 feet tall, covered in fleecy white substance;make baaaaa sound;rampantly abused throughout the curragh and surrounding towns;outnumber kildare men by 6 to 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast