Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Out of jail yes

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Out of jail............yes!

Well we certainly got out of jail tonight.

Fair play to the team though for grinding out this result.

I think the team showed a lot of guts and character to keep plugging away right to the bitter end and what a great header from Beanno at the end. Dolan nearly had him "for tea" after.

When some quarters start getting on the players backs ( funnily enough primarily the younger ones - Kearney, Behan, K Murray etc all U-21 ) it is particularly satisfying to get the result we did.

What it means now is that with Pat's losing 1-0 to Shels, we now have the 3rd spot back in our own destiny ( our goal difference is much better than bothe Pat's and Rovers - the only teams that can catch us ).

Overall we probably shaded it although they did look dangerous on the break.

Great game by Hoggy at both ends of the field, though Nawanko had some nice touches and was part of the late equaliser.

Roll on Tuesday night.

Hope there is a good crowd travelling down.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Out of jail............yes!

Originally posted by Counting Crow

When some quarters start getting on the players backs ( funnily enough primarily the younger ones - Kearney, Behan, K Murray etc all U-21 ) it is particularly satisfying to get the result we did.

kearney needs badly to be dropped, he's ****ing brutal, cant pass, cant tackle, cant hold the ball, he must be bruised to ****, cos he keeps getting rammed off every ball he gets. Dolan what the **** are you doing starting him. Hes being rated on "that" goal.

thecorner
    pats result was a blessing in disguise

but to tell to truth IF I EVER see us play the way we played in the second half 2nite, id be embarrased to reccomend to my friends to come out here

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    City dont deserve to be in europe based on the last 3 games, they'd be an embarressment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation Re: Out of jail............yes!

I think the team showed a lot of guts and character to keep plugging away right to the bitter end
    They only stated plugging away 10 mins from the end, for the other 80 the pressure was non existent on Rovers. their defanders had a real easy game. It was only when Nolan and Colin P started running and turning defenders did it look anyway good.

The corners and free kicks were simple to defend, all the City players bunched into one corner. No one breaking and trying to make defenders run. Very poor ..... Why were SPA called set piece athletic under Dolan when we are brutal at set pieces.

Behan doesn't put any pressure what so ever on defenders or keeper, Flynn covers so much ground when he is on always chasing everything. Very poor.

Murray was alright at times last night but still should not be there.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Storysham
    City dont deserve to be in europe based on the last 3 games, they'd be an embarressment.
    Oh yeah that's a good idea, judge an entire season on three games.
    I'm gonna take a blow torch to everyone who writes "any info on......." on the desks in the ucc library.

Who's with me

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "for the other 80 the pressure was non existent on Rovers"

What game were you at?
    We gave away two ****e goals, scum had two periods of dominance lasting about 15 mins in total.
    Even the Irish Times said that after scum first goal "with George O'Callaghan exerting a growing influence Cork came roaring back.
    They were not best served by a referee who let far too much go."

The team played poorly at times, Coughlan is past it, Murray and Behan were not up to standard, Kearney was a liability, yet we showed heart, spirit and played some really good stuff.
    I thought the result was fair, and we had our captain Greg and ColinT out.
    Jaysus sake, I know I moan sometimes, especially UCD and Longford games, but give some credit when it is due and deserved, as it most certainly is for last night....

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Storysham
    thats why european qualification is based on the results of the whole season YOU MORON
    We were missing the 2 players who've captained the side this season, our top scorer, a number of players were suffering from the flu and we had at least one definite penalty turned down by a blind referee. Terrible stuff indeed
    Can't believe people getting on Kearney's back already- he's obviosuly tiring after playing several games for city and ireland u-20's after never playing top level football before. he's still full of running, but hospital passes from the likes of woods and coughlan mean he's getting the **** kicked out of him twice a week.

thecorner
    Originally posted by Éanna
    Can't believe people getting on Kearney's back already- he's obviosuly tiring after playing several games for city and ireland u-20's after never playing top level football before. he's still full of running, but hospital passes from the likes of woods and coughlan mean he's getting the **** kicked out of him twice a week.
    wasnt kearny training with forest every day
    if he cant handle playing for ireland and city, maybe he should try a little league called the A.U.L.
    or wait they sometimes play 3 games a week there, he would never be able for that

dont be so stupid with this tiring axcuse!!!!!!!!

as for woodsie, he has been a revelation since moving to left-full and having an excellent season

jury still out on coughlan,not playing badly and will come good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Kearney is also training everyday at city, what's your point?
    He is now playing more competitive matches. The lad runs his legs off up and down the field every game, much of it covering for other players. He's tiring because he puts the effort in.

Everyone is praising Liam Miller to the high heavens (and deservedly) yet he went off in his last two games with cramp, i guess by your logic thecorner he should be in the reserves, if he can't manage two games a week with Celtic.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by thecorner
    wasnt kearny training with forest every day
    if he cant handle playing for ireland and city, maybe he should try a little league called the A.U.L.
    or wait they sometimes play 3 games a week there, he would never be able for that

dont be so stupid with this tiring axcuse!!!!!!!!

as for woodsie, he has been a revelation since moving to left-full and having an excellent season

jury still out on coughlan,not playing badly and will come good
    my point is he hasn't played at this level consistently before, and its bound to take something out of him.

If you think woods is having an excellent season- fair enough. I don't. I think he should be given a one-way ticket home to tallaght.

Coughlan has been "not playing badly" for about 4 years and not improved.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the stick kearney is getting is unjustified.he didnt play well in the last 2 games but he has had a solid enough start to his city career.....has played well in a good few games.....it takes time to adapt to any league and for kearney it is no different......just look at how much kevin doyle has improved this year after palying 1st team footie for the year. Liam does need to improve his strength but I'd say he'll be working onthat in the close season and prob is working on it now...

as for woods, woouldnt agree with Éanna that woods should be got rid of. by inlarge he has had a good season at left back. Couple of poor enough performances recently but still think he has had a solid enough season,

Coughlan has been playing poorly enough lately too...I still feel that the benno-murray partnership was a better combo..but coughlans physical presence can be of benefit too....

thought doyle was poor enough on friday and he looked well tired...

Nwánkwo played well enough when he came on, thought he used the ball intelligently and passed it well except for one really bad one......dunno if he needs to go to teh gym too tho.....looks a bit light........

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Kearney has been dropping his performances a level in recent weeks but he is young & will take rtime to fit into the team properly. Can already see he building up an understanding with George.

I think the city team can almost be judged on who George will pass to. If you not worthy of a pass from George (i.e. you gonna mess it up) then the players not good enough for the team. I've noticed George will rarely pass to Kevin Murray even when he free cos he will waste the ball.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I've only seen Kearney twice but he did well both times. He was very dangerous against us in Cork two weeks ago and looked good for the Ireland under 20s against Italy as well.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by Éanna
    I think he should be given a one-way ticket home to tallaght.
    woods is from cork

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by James
    woods is from cork
    But he left his heart with the hoops
    Oh no not them again

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Out of jail............yes!

Overall we probably shaded it although they did look dangerous on the break.
    We sure did. Alot of credit should deservedly go to City on the result, and in the context of other results it was a HUGE point.
    IMO, Rovers played us off the park. Fitzatrick predictably destroyed us as we were missing so many regulars; but, that said, it was nice to see City find some fight in themselves and keep going to the final whistle rather than lying down and accepting things. Bring on Europe!!
    Munster 33-6 Gloucester
    Aint revenge sweet?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by SÓCcfc
    But he left his heart with the hoops
    still dont see what that has to do with tallaght
    shudnt it be tolka/richmond/ucd/turners cross so then

[SIZE=1]*tallaghts just a dream you know it never coming true, its never coming true, its never coming true *[/SIZE]

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by James
    woods is from cork
    sorry, his spiritual home. Lost count of the numbner of times he's told the papers how much he still feels for the hooped huns etc.,