Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Sporting Fingal's academy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sporting Fingal's academy

What's the story with the academy that Sporting were so keen to talk about after their creation? When do they hope to have it up and running? Are they still going ahead with it, or just going to buy up half the uncontracted Dublin-based players in the league?

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    What's the story with the academy that Sporting were so keen to talk about after their creation? When do they hope to have it up and running? Are they still going ahead with it, or just going to buy up half the uncontracted Dublin-based players in the league?
    Pretty sure it was scuppered due to the land they wanted to use being some sort of protected natural habitat or something.

They do seem to have a link with DCU now so maybe there's some alternative plan in the pipeline.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    The council where going to set it up and sporting along with the other football clubs of fingal would be able to use it. As stated previously the land became unavailable in Donabate.
    Last i heard it was rumoured to be going to lusk but i havnt heard anything since. I would say it has been put on the back burner due to the recent economic climate.
    So until then we will just have to buy up half the uncontracted Dublin based players in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    The council where going to set it up and sporting along with the other football clubs of fingal would be able to use it. As stated previously the land became unavailable in Donabate.
    Last i heard it was rumoured to be going to lusk but i havnt heard anything since. I would say it has been put on the back burner due to the recent economic climate.
    So until then we will just have to buy up half the uncontracted Dublin based players in the league.
    The club is going nowhere unless you lay some foundations. Otherwise you'll turn into another Dublin City... Once the backers stop you'll be left with absolutely nothing. A base of operations and a stadium would be top priority rather than increasing your wage bill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    The club is going nowhere unless you lay some foundations. Otherwise you'll turn into another Dublin City... Once the backers stop you'll be left with absolutely nothing. A base of operations and a stadium would be top priority rather than increasing your wage bill.
    No arguments here mate. Totally agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    Wasn't this supposed to be one of the cornerstones of the club, though?