Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it the Committee????

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it the Committee????

I have remained out of this for some time and I am sure I will get my head taken off.

However, I'm beginning to wonder are the committee the problem and not the chairman? They never say anything and probably don't do anything either. If this is the case, then its no way to run a business. Will the chairman now remove these people too??

After all, they speak out of turn in all the wrong places......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This to me smells a bit like a red herring. The most pressing issue surronding our club at the moment is that a motion was voted on democraticaly at a meeting and people who didnt even bother to turn up didnt like the outcome so they are trying to shoot it down. These self proclaimed FOCR's are hiding behind the scenes while trying to destroy our club. I am also full sure that when we all attend the EGM they will get their answer once and for all because the genuine supporters want to see the club surrvi. I also reckon that if they thought the no v ote would win they would have attended the last meeting instead they are stalling hoping for a miracle of some sorts.

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFER ON THE TABLE AND WE MUST ACCEPT TO SURVIVE

VOTE YES FOR CHANGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Angry

well lads well all find out eactly what the FOCkeRs plans are next sunday, if they even have one,

muppets
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Are they going to call some kind of meeting?? They do actually have a point thats the sad thing our ground is been handed over for a song and they like me know full well theres no way we can sustain the payments on a 10 year lease whilst also paying the wages of a team,wages on the bar staff,raising of 500k+(which will rise significantly over 10 years),what about the investment of our youths or the ground?? Theres so much more to this than meets the eye it does need a closer look.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcplod View Post
    This to me smells a bit like a red herring.
    The only red herring that I see is that even now as others have said, that while the Chairman has been allowed to lead this club to its knees, people here are now willing to allow him to sell our ground from under our feet.

How can people be so short-sighted indeed stupid as to allow this to happen and most of all to vote in favour of allowing it to happen?

When any group of people , that don't agree with the Chairman and his plans, come up with an alternative, they are ridiculed on here and in other places.

The only smell around here is of party political games, and this has caused this difficuties in Cobh Ramblers. Anyone with Political Agendas should leave now and allow the ordinary people to secure the club once and for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [quote=jamesd;1074301]When any group of people , that don't agree with the Chairman and his plans, come up with an alternative, they are ridiculed on here and in other places.[quote]

What alternative? We have heard nothing of these peoples' plans. Until we do, they are nothing except an impediment to the survival of the club in some shape or form.
    Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. Brian Clough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    there plans, there are none, people talk about what should be done like underage development and traning facilities, but you forget the club has a debth on its back, this way we can just go tight on the budget and save, and if we are ahead of our buy back of the ground we can concentrate on that, or we can forget about buying it back from the FAI and have them as landlords, which wouldnt bother me, who better, and we can concentrate on our youth system, if we have a very good youth system we would more than likely be entitled to more grants for youth development, we wouldnt own our ground but every thing else would be in place,

for this to happen you would need a lot of people with money and resources, i will gladly sign the club over to the RIGHT people in the morning if they could do this for our club,

this is one of very few clubs that has a good base ready at undergae level and senior that with some investment would go very far, but no one seems willing to invest, so what are ya gonna do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What is their alternative do you know something that I dont?
    Enlighten me Jamesd

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcplod View Post
    What is their alternative do you know something that I dont?
    Enlighten me Jamesd
    I wish I did know their alternative. However I do not believe that selling out our ground to the FAI based on the advice of our current administration is advisable. Its like a quick fix to cover up their mistakes.

Why is it that so many people are afraid to seek the resignations of the Chairman and Committee?

They are the ones responsibile for this mess and they shouldn't be given another moment in charge.

If there is a possibility of private investors coming on board then we should all be given a chance to hear proposals rather than tell eachother to shut up.

But I must stress again, allowing the current leaders of Cobh Ramblers to stay in office is a total disgrace and if it were anywhere else they would have been fired a long time ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    [QUOTE=jamesd;1074409]If there is a possibility of private investors coming on board then we should all be given a chance to hear proposals rather than tell eachother to shut up.QUOTE]

is there a possibility though?? Thats what the members want to know!!
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Look its plain to see this proposal is going to land us in an awful mess,it cant be stressed enough we do not have the man power to sustain such payments accross the board.

TEAM WAGES
    BAR STAFF
    TAX BILLS
    TEAM TRAVEL COSTS
    LEASE BACK PAYMENTS
    500K-750K-(ORIGINAL LOAN FROM F.A.I)
    YOUTH DEVOLOPMENT
    GROUND DEVELOPMENT-(PROB WONT BE ALLOWED AS WE WONT OWN THE GROUND)

Ex: The people running the kids Christmass party are volunteers,are the likes of these people going to be left fundraising to help us out?? Lets not forget this is a 10 year proposal and whos going to stick around and commit that long.Already we are without the monthly draw which in itself requires a lot of time,Im not sure about anyone else but theres a lot of bad feeling towards the club at present,when you look at it our income will be from the bar next year and whatever from attendences{ 500 people = 150 season ticket holders,100 kids,100 O.A.P"s,150 adults } 2500euro to pay all of the above

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Ex: The people running the kids Christmass party are volunteers,are the likes of these people going to be left fundraising to help us out??
    One sec there now Marty..............would you explain what it is exactly that you meant by that comment, because I'm one of those people involved in this XMas Party and if I were involved in any fundraising at all then I'd certainly be giving it my best shot. However, the thing about this XMas Party is that it's not a fundraiser, nor is it for monetary gain of any sort. Admission is FREE and places are limited as I explained in the XMas Party thread. There was actually no party organised for the kids this year so a few people whom I knew would have the interests of the kids at heart and who might help financially were contacted and they decided to put their hands in their pockets and give the kids something. If they'd have said no then I'd have considered paying for it myself if needed to be. I see nothing at all with trying to do something right, especially if it's for Children and at this time of year.

I can read that line two ways and apologise if I'm reading it wrong but am simply asking which way you meant it because the people who have paid for this party have alot more salt than some I could mention.
    Last edited by luka; 13/12/2008 at 2:15 PM.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    But I must stress again, allowing the current leaders of Cobh Ramblers to stay in office is a total disgrace and if it were anywhere else they would have been fired a long time ago.
    well i said it to barry and he didnt argue with me, that if a better candidate went for the position i would vote him ahead of barry, but this person doesnt exist, this crowd want to throw barry out and get BACK into power, when they were in power the exact same happened we got in debth and sold the training ground, at least with this proposal we still have a ground, even if we dont buy it back, the FAI will be our landlords i couldnt see them wanting us to fold after investing so much in us,

plus the ground can be developed while they own it,

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    well i said it to barry and he didnt argue with me, that if a better candidate went for the position i would vote him ahead of barry, but this person doesnt exist, this crowd want to throw barry out and get BACK into power, when they were in power the exact same happened we got in debth and sold the training ground, at least with this proposal we still have a ground, even if we dont buy it back, the FAI will be our landlords i couldnt see them wanting us to fold after investing so much in us,

plus the ground can be developed while they own it,
    Don, firstly can we really trust the FAI?? They have made a fair share of blunders in the past and I for one would be very dubious if not concerned by them getting their hands on the land.

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but it would appear from the beloved constitution that you can only elect a member as a Chairman. If I am incorrect then fine, but if it is the case, I think this is an issue that needs to be resolved. I personally believe there are many non members who could be potential candidates to lead us out of the current situation.

While we all need to cut our cloth etc., I believe that it is vital that we retain ownership of our ground and not be reliant on the FAI, a group that have been known to change their minds at a whim.

Also as was pointed out earlier, if we have all these monthly debts to meet, what happens if we forfeit on a repayment or two??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    Don, firstly can we really trust the FAI?? They have made a fair share of blunders in the past and I for one would be very dubious if not concerned by them getting their hands on the land.

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but it would appear from the beloved constitution that you can only elect a member as a Chairman. If I am incorrect then fine, but if it is the case, I think this is an issue that needs to be resolved. I personally believe there are many non members who could be potential candidates to lead us out of the current situation.

While we all need to cut our cloth etc., I believe that it is vital that we retain ownership of our ground and not be reliant on the FAI, a group that have been known to change their minds at a whim.

Also as was pointed out earlier, if we have all these monthly debts to meet, what happens if we forfeit on a repayment or two??
    do you read anything posted, there are no repayments, there buying the ground, with us haveing the option to buy it back in 10 years, its not a loan, all we have to do is have the amount ready in 10 years, thats it, no repayment plans, thats our perogative,

the FAI has invested i say over E2 million euro in ramblers, why would they want us to cease,

we all mock them, but football is there business, wouldnt be a very good now if there was no football, would it,

and you would really want someone with some sort of interest in the club sitting on any board, and people with interests buy season tickets,

again someone is saying things that they know, but dont know,
    Last edited by don ramo; 13/12/2008 at 11:33 AM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Repayments €1 per week.

But lets stop all this bull. Bottom line here is if the 'Frienzies' of Cobh Ramblers had an alternative, they would have been singing it from the roof tops before now. They would have had the confidence to sit back and allow Barry Walsh move the FAI proposal because they would have had a better one.
    But hey, they just dont have one and we all know it. But more importantly, they also know that they dont have the numbers to block this lifeline by a democratic vote, and thats why they chose the route they have.
    They are trying to scupper this deal before the rest of the members can pass judgement on it. If they had the numbers would they have boycotted the vote last week?
    Calling for the Chairman and the committee to resign at this point now, is a red hering but to the FOCR's is ultimately more important than what we'll be voting on next Sunday! - no club means no Barry Walsh to them!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Luka you have read that the wrong way,im only saying are volenteers like yourself going to be expected to foot the bill next year as nobody else seems to know who"ll be left carring the can when we enter financial difficultly.......

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Luka you have read that the wrong way,im only saying are volenteers like yourself going to be expected to foot the bill next year as nobody else seems to know who"ll be left carring the can when we enter financial difficultly.......
    That was indeed one of the ways I read it and didn't go on a rant. Apologies if I doubted though.
    RamblersWeb

Cricket: The most boring farcical game to ever grace the planet.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    do you read anything posted, there are no repayments, there buying the ground, with us haveing the option to buy it back in 10 years, its not a loan, all we have to do is have the amount ready in 10 years, thats it, no repayment plans, thats our perogative,

the FAI has invested i say over E2 million euro in ramblers, why would they want us to cease,

we all mock them, but football is there business, wouldnt be a very good now if there was no football, would it,

and you would really want someone with some sort of interest in the club sitting on any board, and people with interests buy season tickets,

again someone is saying things that they know, but dont know,
    I have read a great many things and proposals and I don't like any of them that suggests selling the ground to the FAI or indeed anyone else for that matter.

How mad are ye all??? What happens if the FAI fall on hard times and need cash. Whats to stop them selling the ground for development?? Believe me they can do it.

Many people here are willing to accept a proposal from a Chairman and Committee that has brought this club to its knees through BAD Business Management. The fact that they and their proposal is even been listened to defy's belief. Ye are all ready to blame the "other" side, but as far as I can see, it is the present leadership that has done wrong. Why can't people see that??? Why don't people want to see that???

Regarding Season tickets, did you ever consider that the reason that many more haven't purchased tickets is because of the constant aggression that is shown here and in other places...... Time for everyone to grow up,,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Absolutley no need for all this arguing. Lads leave this thread go.
    "Failure to Prepare. Prepare to Fail"

Roy Keane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast