Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mathews gone

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    A Championship didn't exist when Shels were Shelegated though.

The precedent, it could be argued, it that Shels were demoted to the lowest tier of the league.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts
    Didn't the chairman of the Licencing Committee resign in protest at Shels even getting a 1st Divison licence on a split vote?. No guarantee of anything this time around.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    A Championship didn't exist when Shels were Shelegated though.

The precedent, it could be argued, it that Shels were demoted to the lowest tier of the league.
    I think the argument that Shels were awarded a First Division licence is a better one.
    But the way things have gone this year I wouldn't be surprised what the next twist in our saga will be, three months ago I was hoping we'd even have a club to support, I'll be glad we do regardless of where we end up next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Didn't the chairman of the Licencing Committee resign in protest at Shels even getting a 1st Divison licence on a split vote?. No guarantee of anything this time around.
    Yes. But they still got it.
    I know there's no guarantees, but we're in a better state than Drogs are right now, so I'm still taking solace from our escaping as we have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Think he did, yeah.

That said, with the way things look up in Drogheda, I could see Kildare staying in the First, Drogheda restarting afresh in the A Championship and no suitable clubs being around to step up and deny Cork a spot in the First, if it were to come to it.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    and no suitable clubs being around to step up and deny Cork a spot in the First, if it were to come to it.
    Theres a relief.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    If only the world ran on my opinion.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    If Mathews is due €300k, we'll owe €450k before next season, we'll be back in examinership before this time next season.
    True. If we have to pay Matthews 300k then screwed before we start again. No assets of any description left this time either. Bohs claimed legal advice said they would win Albion case so if Coughlan relying on similar advice is a big gamble.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I can see the FAI, in an attempt to save the premier clubs in severe trouble with licencing, to abolish the A Championship or detach it from the Eircom League so as to make the First Division the basement as it was 2 years ago.

They could further manipulate things so the 2 divisions become one.

Was Matthews not also entitled to a bonus for winning the Setanta Cup?

I thought is was around 50k?

That would up the claim to €350,000, ouch!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,082 Posts
    Salthill Devon will step up and we'll have three Galway clubs in the League!!.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    We have a number of former players, currently out of contract who we owe money to [which IMO we should have paid back already] who we now are not allowed to sign [because of the ruling] and agree the similar deals with, if I'm reading it correctly.
    Why is this ruling preventing you from agreeing a deal with these players?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Just found this on Citys forum

Club Statement Dec 11 2008
    Cork City Football Club has undergone significant restructuring since emerging successfully from the Examinership process, as the club aims to operate at a sustainable level.
    The club would like to thank all of our employees for their cooperation with regard to the issue of FAI Licensing requirements. Cork City Football Club are compliant with FAI Licensing requirements, and speculation that the club is the subject of a transfer embargo is unfounded. The club would like to thank players and staff for their support as we look forward to a bright and successful future for Cork City FC and challenge for success in 2009.
    Interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Similar deals about paying it off over a renegotiated contract.
    Anyway, seems the story was a fabrication so they can get on with sorting out the players what they're owed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Shels (genuine answer).

If there hadn't been a precedent set when they should have been kicked out, I'd be more worried.
    I'd love to know on what basis we should have been kicked out ?

We played the last few weeks of a season when players were not getting their money on time and in full,, Cork Drogheda, Harps, Bray, Cobh, Athlone and probably more have been doing the same this year.

We sold a ground and spent the money before sorting out an alternative ground,, Bohs are doing that now.

In fact when we were punished there was no 65% rule in place. We broke no overspending rules.

Also in terms of deals with players after the season. We paid in full the money owed to revenue and came to agreements to pay all creditors in FULL!! No Examinership/write off your debts nonsense.

Most people on here like to think the situation at their club is unique in some way and that they don't deserve the punishment that came Shels way.

Truth is if the same rules were applied today to all the clubs then 5 or 6 clubs would be demoted.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    I'd love to know on what basis we should have been kicked out ?

We played the last few weeks of a season when players were not getting their money on time and in full,, Cork Drogheda, Harps, Bray, Cobh, Athlone and probably more have been doing the same this year.

We sold a ground and spent the money before sorting out an alternative ground,, Bohs are doing that now.

In fact when we were punished there was no 65% rule in place. We broke no overspending rules.

Also in terms of deals with players after the season. We paid in full the money owed to revenue and came to agreements to pay all creditors in FULL!! No Examinership/write off your debts nonsense.

Most people on here like to think the situation at their club is unique in some way and that they don't deserve the punishment that came Shels way.

Truth is if the same rules were applied today to all the clubs then 5 or 6 clubs would be demoted.

You really are touchy aren't you. The chair of the committee reviewing your case resigned in protest when you weren't kicked out, stsating that you shouldn't have gotten a first division licence. Take your outrage up with him.

I'm not holding CCFC up to be anything they're not, I've said since day one I didn't expect us to be in the premier next season and that we'd gained an unfair advantage over relegated clubs. If you expect me to say I WANT to be relegated, you'll have to wait I'm afraid.

You really need to get over your examinership being "a load of nonsense" idea just because you CHOSE not to avail of that route yourself, if the High Court are OK with the process, I'm OK with it. Do people lose out, of course they do, people will lose out when Sasha and Thomas Read's are going through their examinership process too.
    Last edited by tiktok; 12/12/2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: pr1ckly was a perfectly cromulent word.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Not really my problem that the chair of the committee took a bit of a hissy fit because the vote didn't go his way!

As for the rest of your post, you're coming at it from a business point of view. Of course as a business you have the right to go into examinership to try save the business.

However from a sporting point of view the FAI have to ensure there's a level playing field for all the teams. All I'm pointing out is that if Shels were demoted and the FAI apply the same rules to other clubs then we should see more teams refused a premier division licence. I doubt that will happen somehow.

Wouldn't expect you to say Cork should be refused a Premier Division licence but you would have to agree that if you compare it to the Shels case that you've more or less done the exact same as ourselves, i.e. not paying players in full for part of the season.

It is my opinion that you have even gone one step further than Shels and gained a further sporting advantage by having your debts partly cleared.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456