Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Connor back in management

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sean Connor back in management

As per the Dundalk website, Sean Connor will be announced as Dundalk manager at a press conference at 6pm this evening.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Feck, really hoped to see him take over from our current incumbent.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    He'll be found out... again. Complete and utter lying, bullying spoofer.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    As a Bohs fan, do you not see any irony in that, after all the two Gerrys have done? At all, like?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    I wouldnt bother argue with the fans of the Invincible Pub. Sure they'll be playing in 1st Division after the 2 Gerry's, Blackie and Liam Carroll are finished with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    I'm a little worried by the fact that Sligo fans don't seem to have a good word to say about him.. Perhaps they are bitter at him jumping ship to Bohs though. It seems to me that he did quite a bit for their club - He won the first division in his first season and established them as a premier division side. What is the story then Sligo fans?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what Bohemians fans have to say though as obviously the €250,000 he got off them last week is going to leave a bitter taste in the mouth. He turned them around from finishing 9th under Farrelly in 2006 to finishing 3rd and qualifying for the Intertoto Cup. I'm not really sure how they can claim he is a bad manager.. They seem to just make comments like LukeO made but don't actually expand on it..

Personally, I'm happy enough with this appointment. He does seem to have brought in good signings at both clubs and done quite well on the field. Anyway, I'll give him a chance and see how he gets on. He should have enough about him to keep us up and at the moment that's all I want for 2009..
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Main question is - is he an improvement on John Gill? I'm not sure that he's much of an improvement, if he is one at all. But then I will plead relative ignorance on both managers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Main question is - is he an improvement on John Gill? I'm not sure that he's much of an improvement, if he is one at all. But then I will plead relative ignorance on both managers.
    Connor has proven experience in the premier divison which Gill does not. For that reason I think it is probably an improvement alright.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,352 Posts
    Gill did OK with Dublin City for the six months of 2006 they existed, in fairness.

That was him then, wasn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Gill did OK with Dublin City for the six months of 2006 they existed, in fairness.

That was him then, wasn't it?
    He only lasted six months though.. He couldn't handle the pressure of the premier division.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Terrible decision.

Resurrect this thread at the end of 2009 season and quote me if I'm wrong but doubt it.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    I'm a little worried by the fact that Sligo fans don't seem to have a good word to say about him.. Perhaps they are bitter at him jumping ship to Bohs though. It seems to me that he did quite a bit for their club - He won the first division in his first season and established them as a premier division side. What is the story then Sligo fans?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to what Bohemians fans have to say though as obviously the €250,000 he got off them last week is going to leave a bitter taste in the mouth. He turned them around from finishing 9th under Farrelly in 2006 to finishing 3rd and qualifying for the Intertoto Cup. I'm not really sure how they can claim he is a bad manager.. They seem to just make comments like LukeO made but don't actually expand on it..

Personally, I'm happy enough with this appointment. He does seem to have brought in good signings at both clubs and done quite well on the field. Anyway, I'll give him a chance and see how he gets on. He should have enough about him to keep us up and at the moment that's all I want for 2009..
    I honestly have nothing good to say about Connor and i mean nothing at all. I give zero credit zero, Some people say he should be given credit for signing Coleman but a blind man could see Coleman that night we played them in a friendly. The one thing i will say is that nobody in their right mind could blame him one little bit for walking out for Bohs, as Bohs had hit the Jackpot. But it was the way that he did it and the digs at us in the press he made and the constant tapping up of players that showed any promise. He could have taken Faz for nothing when he left but Faz had had a shocker of a season and he wanted nothing to do with him. Tierney comes in plays Faz at centre forward and he looks a different player and all of a sudden he wants him and wants to play faz up front although he had never played him up front in the 2 years he had him.

Ah i could go on but i am sick of people thinking it is bitter balh blah as it does sound like it a bit, but it will be very interesting to see how he gets on but i know given the choice between himself and Kenna no contest in my eyes, Connor would never have done what kenna done. He reads all these forums and he will have all the right sound bites at the start saying what a big club Dundalk can be etc etc. His sweet talk of the gypos was actually quality if you listen back to it.

To be honest he has landed a decent job club on the up etc as i thought he would be off to Harps and sunk with out trace with them but i suppose he can go to them in a couple of years. But i would have serious concerns if i were Dundalk and hiring this fella.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,698 Posts
    Maybe you can ask him yourself if he invites you out to dinner and then, allegedly, [edit: better not]...

to be honest, he was a terrible man-manager but had a mostly decent eye for players. Sure, he bought some duds but he also bought some good players. He just couldnt manage them very well and ended up losing the respect of the dressing room. On the plus side, he will regale you with stories of Brucey (and probably show you the christmas card he got from him) around the christmas log fire. So its not all bad.
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    To be honest he has landed a decent job club on the up etc as i thought he would be off to Harps and sunk with out trace with them but i suppose he can go to them in a couple of years. But i would have serious concerns if i were Dundalk and hiring this fella.
    Eh, what is with the Limerick 37 avatar? I was very confused there for a second..
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eh, what is with the Limerick 37 avatar? I was very confused there for a second..
    In hounor of Jebus i am worried about that guy, he is losing it.

One last thing his contacts are the best , he has loads of contacts but he got all the players except Burns, O'grady and Brown (a striker we paid way too much money from and scored 1 goal in the first division). The rest was by our contact who he tried to tap up as well and told him to do one. .

The guy is chancer in my view anyway, he was found out with Bohs when he had loads of money, but don't fall for his PR bull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    Good appointment, and a nice easy target for chants about the sexual harrassment charges next season to boot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    falling out with players,his constant name dropping,talking crap,giving abuse to the fans....

Quote Originally Posted by adamd164 View Post
    Good appointment, and a nice easy target for chants about the sexual harassment charges next season to boot!
    hunchback syndrome

garyderry
    Quote Originally Posted by forza rovers View Post
    falling out with players,his constant name dropping,talking crap,giving abuse to the fans....

hunchback syndrome
    but as said by the Dundalk fans,
    he will likely keep them up,

good short term appointment, then get someone decent in when they
    become available.

of course if they were daft and offered him a 3-4 year contract
    not so good news for Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    European football AND beating Connor, this will be great.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast