Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doherty to Shels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Doherty to Shels?

I see on the transfers thread that it is suggested that Kevin Doherty is going to Shelborne - does anyone know anything about this - we will need to sign new defenders at this rate if it is true. Doherty might not be the best defender in the world but he was ok last year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Ok?

He was outstanding last year. Easily our best defender.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    Ok?

He was outstanding last year. Easily our best defender.
    he will be a big loss to ye.. he was a collassus for us in his two seasons with us.. looks like unfinished business with the club.. him sparky dean delaney and james keddy are all on second spells with the club now..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
    I see on the transfers thread that it is suggested that Kevin Doherty is going to Shelborne - does anyone know anything about this - we will need to sign new defenders at this rate if it is true. Doherty might not be the best defender in the world but he was ok last year
    this deal has been confirmed on the shels web site.. did we get anything for him ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Big big loss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    On the possitive side, Massey, Coughlan, Gough and Tresson are close to agreeing new contracts. Massey looks promising, Coughlan is already on a par with Kavanagh imo, and Gough and Tressons experience will be vital if we replace the outgoings with the kids
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulsey View Post
    On the possitive side, Massey, Coughlan, Gough and Tresson are close to agreeing new contracts. Massey looks promising, Coughlan is already on a par with Kavanagh imo, and Gough and Tressons experience will be vital if we replace the outgoings with the kids
    .. but who have we lost.. skippy, pender, doherty,kavanagh,cawley,duggan, emeka,kenny, and i'm sure there's more..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Have we offically lost the others? Kavanagh, Pender, Cawley?
    Because there has already been significant decrease in the wage bill if Doherty, Skippy, Duggan, Myler and Franco are gone? Is there need for more to go??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
    Have we offically lost the others? Kavanagh, Pender, Cawley?
    Because there has already been significant decrease in the wage bill if Doherty, Skippy, Duggan, Myler and Franco are gone? Is there need for more to go??
    there was very strong suggestions that kavanagh,pender and cawley were going.. pender would be a hugh loss, the other two not so sure. Franco has not signed a contract with shelbourne, also what about mccabe..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Webster,Shields,Zambra,D O'Neill,Fletcher,Coughlan,S O'Neill,Kelly,Massey, McNeill all in action this Monday 15th Dec Carlisle grounds v UCD, Top of Table Clash U 20's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naoise kennedy View Post
    there was very strong suggestions that kavanagh,pender and cawley were going.. pender would be a hugh loss, the other two not so sure. Franco has not signed a contract with shelbourne, also what about mccabe..
    Was talking to a club official last week and Franco is gone, but McCabe will be back. Kavanagh is heading to Cardiff for trials
    I'd love to invent a time machine then go back in time and win the lottery, buy new players and a stadium. Time machines are brilliant aren't they- Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcastle View Post
    Webster,Shields,Zambra,D O'Neill,Fletcher,Coughlan,S O'Neill,Kelly,Massey, McNeill all in action this Monday 15th Dec Carlisle grounds v UCD, Top of Table Clash U 20's.
    What time is ko?
    All you zombies tweet tweet tweet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Was talking to a club official last week and Franco is gone, but McCabe will be back. Kavanagh is heading to Cardiff for trials
    ..any word on where franco is gone,, he was not getting his game at shels, has he stopped playing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Do people not read the papers, the mirror had this yesterday:
    Having reduced their wage bill by over 50% for the 2009 season, Bray
    Wanderers parted company with five players over the weekend.
    Central defender Kevin Doherty has rejoined First Division Shelbourne.
    Australian Olympic goalkeeper Chris O'Connor and Romanian striker
    Andrei Georgescu have not had their contracts renewed while full back
    Ronan Ivory had declined the offer of a new deal.

Paddy Kavanagh, Ger Rowe, Derek Foran, Gary McCabe and Paul Dunphy are all still under contract. 12 months to run.
    Andy Myler retired and Aiden O keefe rumoured to be travelling to Canada.
    Coughlan and Massey (dane) have signed new deals.
    Gough and Tresson are close to agreeing new contracts, and despite talk and interest from bohs and pats, Derek Pender is expected to sign a new deal later this week.
    Last edited by KR's Post; 11/12/2008 at 4:09 PM.
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KR's Post View Post
    Do people not read the papers, the mirror had this yesterday:
    Having reduced their wage bill by over 50% for the 2009 season, Bray
    Wanderers parted company with five players over the weekend.
    Central defender Kevin Doherty has rejoined First Division Shelbourne.
    Australian Olympic goalkeeper Chris O'Connor and Romanian striker
    Andrei Georgescu have not had their contracts renewed while full back
    Ronan Ivory had declined the offer of a new deal.

Paddy Kavanagh, Ger Rowe, Derek Foran, Gary McCabe and Paul Dunphy are all still under contract. 12 months to run.
    Andy Myler retired and Aiden O keefe rumoured to be travelling to Canada.
    Coughlan and Massey (dane) have signed new deals.
    Gough and Tresson are close to agreeing new contracts, and despite talk and interest from bohs and pats, Derek Pender is expected to sign a new deal later this week.
    It does'nt sound all that bad for next season,, we still have a good core of last years players..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KR's Post View Post

A lot of talk at the player of the year do that both Dunphy and Rowe will be leaving

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    A lot of talk at the player of the year do that both Dunphy and Rowe will be leaving
    Rowe is gone, Sporting Fingal next port of call for him.... A few surprise signings in the pipeline from what i'm told.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post
    Rowe is gone, Sporting Fingal next port of call for him.... A few surprise signings in the pipeline from what i'm told.
    .. Rowe no loss, hope we got something for him.. interested to see these surprise signings..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naoise kennedy View Post
    .. Rowe no loss, hope we got something for him.. interested to see these surprise signings..
    I think Rowe had a hard time at Bray IMO, he came with a price tag (i know it was'nt the millions paid for players overseas) and i think it effected him. He had a slow start and he never recovered really, If he had of scored against Rovers (away) at the start of the season when he rounded their keeper and rolled the ball into the empty net only for a Rovers defender to clear it off the line i think we could have seen the real Ger Rowe. Great footballer with a smashing work rate, We just never got to see it.

Personally i'd like to see Mulroy and Kelly get a run together up front, yes i kno0w they are both young and quite small but they are 2 superb talents and both have a real eye for goal with pace to burn. It's the midfield and defence that i really think needs to be focused on. Doherty is a big loss and will need to be replaced ASAP. Hopefully Eddie and Bo have something up their sleeve ! I reckon it'll be an interesting few months ahead in the transfer market for every club in the league. Player power is now gone and virtually every club has had to slash budgets so unless players want to play LOI footie most will have to take a pay cut or less wages from new clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrayUnknowns View Post
    I think Rowe had a hard time at Bray IMO, he came with a price tag (i know it was'nt the millions paid for players overseas) and i think it effected him. He had a slow start and he never recovered really, If he had of scored against Rovers (away) at the start of the season when he rounded their keeper and rolled the ball into the empty net only for a Rovers defender to clear it off the line i think we could have seen the real Ger Rowe. Great footballer with a smashing work rate, We just never got to see it.

Personally i'd like to see Mulroy and Kelly get a run together up front, yes i kno0w they are both young and quite small but they are 2 superb talents and both have a real eye for goal with pace to burn. It's the midfield and defence that i really think needs to be focused on. Doherty is a big loss and will need to be replaced ASAP. Hopefully Eddie and Bo have something up their sleeve ! I reckon it'll be an interesting few months ahead in the transfer market for every club in the league. Player power is now gone and virtually every club has had to slash budgets so unless players want to play LOI footie most will have to take a pay cut or less wages from new clubs.
    i agree rowe had alot of pressure on him cos of the price tag also his strike partner kept changing, any talk of gavin staying maybe he will partner foran in defense or maybe razor if he does'nt retire. Is daryl robson staying, he looked strong in midfield and again is pip coming back another option for midfield..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast