Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is Steven Gerrard?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    Benitez played Gerrard out right wing about a season or 2 ago for a while, it was a disaster decision, Gerrard isn't born to be a winger, no doubt he's a quality attacking midfelder though.

By the looks of things its bye,bye keane by the end of the season, payed far too much for him. Infact they payed more for Keane than they could have for Gareth Barry. Its weird though, they say they couldn't come up with 18 million for a player they were tracking all summer yet, they sign a player for 19-20 million who they were after for about 2 or 3 weeks!.
    its probably the 1st time i have been embarrassed for someone on this forum - what a ridiculous statement..
    gerrard played wide right for liverpool for the whole season about 3years ago, maybe 4... he was sensational, and it was liverpools best points finish in the premiership in a long time.. i think wide right and even full back are perfect for him..

he is not, and never has been a central midfielder... he will do a decent job behind the front man aswell..

if i was picking a premiership 11 - i would gerrard right full and right wing if possible :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Anybody see that disgraceful dive when Gallas went within 10 yards of him just outside the area ?

The man is a spoofer and it just p*sses me off that he gets away with it
    DB Cooper is alive !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    Anybody see that disgraceful dive when Gallas went within 10 yards of him just outside the area ?
    The man is a spoofer and it just p*sses me off that he gets away with it
    yep, late in a game when they're chasing a game you can expect Gerrard to do his trademark run into the box and fall over a defender trick.
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    He's a joke simple as!

I was expecting him to get man of the match. He usually gets it when it's a crap game and he does nothing!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Ya he was fairly anonymous yesterday. It really annoys me when commentators and analysts join in the media hype and say "If Gerrard doesnt play well, Liverpool don't play well" after Liverpool have a bad result. Absoulte crap. Alonso pulls the strings with Liverpool and anyone who has any knowledge of football knows that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I don't know, and don't care much about the details but what in the name of all that is holy, what this guy doing out at 2 in the morning when he is allegedley a pro - is he entitled to do so ? Yes. Was he probably wound up ? yes

But don't put yourself in the position - clown
    DB Cooper is alive !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I don't know, and don't care much about the details but what in the name of all that is holy, what this guy doing out at 2 in the morning when he is allegedley a pro - is he entitled to do so ? Yes. Was he probably wound up ? yes

Allegedly he wanted the DJ to play Phill Collins. Surely a criminal offense deserving of a long stretch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The players had Monday and Tuesday off, back in training on Wednesday morning. Why shouldn't he go out? People tend to forget that footballers are young men at the end of the day, and like to go to clubs etc like everyone else.
    Although you do have to wonder what it is about Irish/UK society that makes people so aggressive when they've a few drinks taken. Was in Prague before Christmas and they find this behaviour very odd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    The players had Monday and Tuesday off, back in training on Wednesday morning. Why shouldn't he go out? People tend to forget that footballers are young men at the end of the day, and like to go to clubs etc like everyone else.
    Although you do have to wonder what it is about Irish/UK society that makes people so aggressive when they've a few drinks taken. Was in Prague before Christmas and they find this behaviour very odd.
    I think you have hit the nail on the head - why shouldn't he ? Aboslutely no reason other than he is prone to putting himself in this position where idiots will take a pop at him - any famous person, uber wealthy in that somewhat working class part of the world (I spent a few days in southport and it is a mixture of stockbrokers and working class areas) is going to attract attention and he will put himself in the position - it is not that he should not go out - it is that it is unwise
    DB Cooper is alive !

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    I think it is funny the amount of support he is getting. I can understand the view of Benitez and anybody involved in LFC, because they will want to protect a valuable commodity, but you have PFA chief Gordon Taylor saying "I don't know the full details but as the players' union we would want to be supportive of him."
    How can you support him if you don't know what he may have done? What if it turns out (for example, and for example only) he kicked somebody in the head until they became unconscious, will everybody still "support" him then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why isn't there people calling for him to be banned, like they were when Woodgate and Bowyer were being charged...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    Why isn't there people calling for him to be banned, like they were when Woodgate and Bowyer were being charged...
    Because some people have the common sense to wait for the facts of what happended to be made public before jumping to conclusions.
    you are only a loser when you stop trying. Playing sport does not build character, it reveals it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    ...that crossed my mind as well. It was wrong then and it'd be wrong now. Perhaps some collective awakening as to the meaning of the term 'due process' has taken place but frankly I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by papa-j View Post
    Because some people have the common sense to wait for the facts of what happended to be made public before jumping to conclusions.
    Facts-schmacts. There were calls for Leeds United to drop Bowyer and Woodgate before they'd even been charged with anything much less tried.
    Last edited by Lionel Ritchie; 02/01/2009 at 10:26 AM.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Lionel Ritchie;1080310]...that crossed my mind as well. It was wrong then and it'd be wrong now. Perhaps some collective awakening as to the meaning of the term 'due process' has taken place but frankly I doubt it.

Facts-schmacts. There were calls for Leeds United to drop Bowyer and Woodgate before they'd even been charged with anything much less tried.[/QUOT

doesn't matter. Gerard will be given the benefit of the doubt. Even if he is charged with affray he'll get a slap on the wrist, a fine and maybe some community service. His previous good record guarantees that. Just like any Joe Soap who acts out of character in an isolated incident.
    you are only a loser when you stop trying. Playing sport does not build character, it reveals it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    I don't know about that. I've seen Poor Student play left back...
    Harsh......but fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Ya he was fairly anonymous yesterday. It really annoys me when commentators and analysts join in the media hype and say "If Gerrard doesnt play well, Liverpool don't play well" after Liverpool have a bad result. Absoulte crap. Alonso pulls the strings with Liverpool and anyone who has any knowledge of football knows that.
    I totally agree.
    "Football is a game you play with your brain".

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I would also agree with that.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papa-j View Post
    My point exactly, yet why were they condemning the two Leeds lads from the start? And not Gerrard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    My point exactly, yet why were they condemning the two Leeds lads from the start? And not Gerrard
    because gerrard is a goldenboy to the english media at the moment and seen as a vital part of english team unlike the woodgate & bowyer at the time and they don't want to see him in any serious trouble ... personally me thinks he not in the same league as that scumbag bowyer and will get a slap on the wrist from legal system and the dj will receive a nice little brown envelope from mr gerrard to cover his doctors expenses..

" football is a simple game "

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast