Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Rovers score?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rovers score?

What's the score from the X?Today will tell us a lot about our beloved club.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2-1 to City

What a match!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    a spotter from Flanagan and an injury time winner from Colin Patrick O'Brien after an absolute howler gave shams the lead early on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking 2-1

0-1 after 5 minutes when a very tame cross made Devine and (I think) O Rourke get muddled up for a terrible o.g. City were superb in the 2nd half, especially the crosses from Carey, playing wing-back on the right and Ollie on the left. After nearly scoring 6 or 7 times from Kelvin's excellent corners, Rovers gave away a peno for handball with 10 minutes left. Up stepped Kelvin.
    1-1
    City were obviously flahed out from all the effort to get an equalizer. I thought it would stay 1-1. Mulligan almost scored, when he cracked a header off the bar. In the 91st minute, an improvised cross from Hoggie was nodded on by Kelvin into the path of Colin-P O Brien, who slotted into the far corner.
    2-1
    Ten seconds later, the match was over.

Last gap wins over Rovers are a great feeling. About 2500 attendance I reckon, and everyone got their 5.3456973 euros worth. It's games like that which help you endure the crappy matches.
    I'm off to lie down for a while.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Am in Shock

I'm just back from 2 weeks holiday in France and am still pinching myself. Apparently City have won 4 games (in a row!! horror!!), sold Mark Herrick and have engaged in the dispute over St Pats and the non docked points! And here was I hoping that they might have got a draw and a win (if lucky). Any reason for the vast improvement??
    One may smile and smile and be a villan!

Lyonsie
    just 1 reason, Colin P O'Brien. with him around, it looks about time for Morley to gracefully assume the assistant managers role along with Patsy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

What a day

Couldn't get better than that at the cross, well worth a visit, the crowd was up, but the atmosphere was unreal, the place was buzzing, Billy Woods went to Shams and won f**k all. There was a scrap in the horseshoe at half time, Shams fans (6-8) attacked 3 city fans who were having banter with them and then it turned sour, the first strike was a city fans to get a bottle into the back of the head and then it went mad, glasses and a stool was thrown (you'd swear the shams fan was throwing a car or something the effort he put into it, so young yet so angry, oh well) the City fans started to get on top and then the gardas broke it up, sorry but is there anyway those knackers can stay at home for the next game.
    O'Rourke had a poor game but got taken off, couldn't fault anyone else except Derek for lack of eyesight for 4-5 seconds while they were given the goal on a platter. City could have destroyed them. Although Shams were never really looked like hammering home scorchers they were handy enough. the shed never stayed quite, what a game.

Bring on Belfield and then Monaghan. City 13, Shams 16 (top). City threaten to go top of the league, Oh yes ... you heard it here first.

www.foot.ie ..... nice to see the banner, looks well, my program was stapled arse ways, but still a good read.

Colin Patrick .... we want a hat trick !!
    You scored a goal a game
    We are going insane

cityoperator

HERE WE GO

Well what can we say.What a game what an atmosphere and what a result.The second half performance was the best iv seen at the cross for some time and the atmosphere was electric even when they were losing.Here's for a successfull season and this time next week we could be on top of the league with a bit of luck.By the way did nebody c the lads beside the shed who ran on and throw the corner flag across the pitch when they scored the winner