Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo League division 2009

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mayo League division 2009

Well lads any idea of the leagues for next year. Are the reserve teams going to be put into one division etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walshek View Post
    Well lads any idea of the leagues for next year. Are the reserve teams going to be put into one division etc
    will you relax and let the year 2008 finish first!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I heard from someone in Manulla that the league are proposing that if a B team finishs in the top two places in the premier there will be no promotion for the teams below them. Seems very anti football and looks like a measure to protect the super league teams. If this is true that means nothing will be done about the B teams which is a shame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rava View Post
    I heard from someone in Manulla that the league are proposing that if a B team finishs in the top two places in the premier there will be no promotion for the teams below them. Seems very anti football and looks like a measure to protect the super league teams. If this is true that means nothing will be done about the B teams which is a shame.
    So if Celtic B finish first and Westport B finish second then we stay in the super league...even if we finish last with no points! Doesn't sound plausable...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Only saying what I was told. This guy would know what he was talking about. Stranger things have been proposed by the league. What B team would be the first to be relegated if they were to tackle the problem of players playing with both teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rava View Post
    Only saying what I was told. This guy would know what he was talking about. Stranger things have been proposed by the league. What B team would be the first to be relegated if they were to tackle the problem of players playing with both teams.
    From what i've seen, Westport dont play any of their first choice 13 or 14 players in their B team at all so they would be ok. Celtic are pretty strong but tend to play their fringe first teamers in the B team. Dont know about Manulla, but i'd say they would be most likely drop down out of the 3 B teams...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if Celtic are successful in there application to join the A championship, will that mean the B team will take the place of to the A team in the super and the C team the place of the B team in the premier division ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the grape vine View Post
    if Celtic are successful in there application to join the A championship, will that mean the B team will take the place of to the A team in the super and the C team the place of the B team in the premier division ??
    I don't think it would be a case of the B team taking the A teams place and so on with B and C teams.

Depending on numbers signing for the club at the start of the season they would have a couple of options;
    • Disband the C team. All C players sign B next season and all B players sign A.
    • Sign Outside players for the A championship and blend these with the best of the current A team. The remaining A players along with the stronger B team players form next years super league team. Next years B team is formed from remaining B team and strong C players. Numbers signing would depend on a whither a C team would be viable.
    Either way I see it as a positive move by the club, and a credit to all working behind the scenes trying to make it happen.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Manulla and Erris b teams rely on their a team squads to much. Celtic were never offenders until last season when they had no choice. Westport seem to have seperate squads. Surely they cant be even entertaining no promotion for teams finishing behind b teams.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

leagues

this is going to be very hard to handle in leagues. But if you go back to the root caus and put in panel for A teams and uphold the rule. I know in the league there is alot of A players playing B and even C teams.

if one team got fined or even points docked then it would be upheld. If all the first 16 A players was put online at the start of the year all clubs could print it off and cross check. this would also have a knock on affect on team starting out. at least the playing field would be level

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Whats to stop teams playing 4 or 5 glorified friendlies at the start of the season before the proposed new start date of the super league fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by walshek View Post
    this is going to be very hard to handle in leagues. But if you go back to the root caus and put in panel for A teams and uphold the rule. I know in the league there is alot of A players playing B and even C teams.

if one team got fined or even points docked then it would be upheld. If all the first 16 A players was put online at the start of the year all clubs could print it off and cross check. this would also have a knock on affect on team starting out. at least the playing field would be level
    If your big enough to have 2 or even 3 teams then you deserve the advantage of being able to play A players for B and C teams. You cant make a definite rule on it because it would be unfair. Say if an A player was injured and needed games to get fitness back, it would be unfair if he wasn't allowed to play B or C until he was fit for A again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodFootball View Post
    If your big enough to have 2 or even 3 teams then you deserve the advantage of being able to play A players for B and C teams. You cant make a definite rule on it because it would be unfair. Say if an A player was injured and needed games to get fitness back, it would be unfair if he wasn't allowed to play B or C until he was fit for A again!
    thats all good and well in an ideal world but far too many of the teams with second/third teams are abusing the system,playing 'better' players when a team is either in relegation trouble or pushing for a promotion spot.
    as rava has said a lot of teams could well play a few 'glorified friendlies' before the commencement of the super league,leaving their second team without the fear of relegation,getting some match prectice in for good measure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggs View Post
    thats all good and well in an ideal world but far too many of the teams with second/third teams are abusing the system,playing 'better' players when a team is either in relegation trouble or pushing for a promotion spot.
    as rava has said a lot of teams could well play a few 'glorified friendlies' before the commencement of the super league,leaving their second team without the fear of relegation,getting some match prectice in for good measure.
    does anyone else think that with the proposed fixtures with superleague playing every sat night and lower leagues on sundays that it is an ideal opportunity for teams with b and c teams to use their players in these games aswell, if they have an important game

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggs View Post
    Lads, who are ye on about? Name and shame these teams "abusing" the system. If there was any illegal player playing on any team in the league, the ML would be on them like a ton of bricks. I challenge you to name one instance where a player played for a team he was not eligible to play for last season in any club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcore View Post
    Lads, who are ye on about? Name and shame these teams "abusing" the system. If there was any illegal player playing on any team in the league, the ML would be on them like a ton of bricks. I challenge you to name one instance where a player played for a team he was not eligible to play for last season in any club.
    were not on about any team breaking the rules or fielding illegal players, its the rules that are wrong where too many players are signed as b team players and are first team players, then this allows them to move up or down

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r.rover View Post
    were not on about any team breaking the rules or fielding illegal players, its the rules that are wrong where too many players are signed as b team players and are first team players, then this allows them to move up or down
    I thought that the idea of a "B" team was to allow players to progress to a clubs first team, or to provide football for a guy who cant get into the first team. you cant blame any club for putting the best team it can out on a pitch on any given day. Any club will do it, and its up to the other clubs to get to the stage that they have the same "problem".

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Illegal player.

I know for a FACT that a team involved in a league playoff this year had a lad from the Sligo league playing for them while he was signed for a Sligo team..I hope i lived up to your challenge

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I thought that the idea of a "B" team was to allow players to progress to a clubs first team, or to provide football for a guy who cant get into the first team. you cant blame any club for putting the best team it can out on a pitch on any given day. Any club will do it, and its up to the other clubs to get to the stage that they have the same "problem".
    So you are all for clubs playing the same players for their A & B teams
    Mayo league would love you, they could just continue on as before. Inver brought up a frightening case a couple of years ago when they played a super league teams b team, their manager had watched this teams A team play Erris the night before and 7 of the players used started the match against them, 5 of which had started the game against Erris. So explain to me how this is right.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    I know for a FACT that a team involved in a league playoff this year had a lad from the Sligo league playing for them while he was signed for a Sligo team..I hope i lived up to your challenge
    Not really! names? teams? Have you informed the Mayo league? initials even?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast