Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks and good luck Sean

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks and good luck Sean

Well its 16.40 here in Dublin so not a hope of getting to the game.

But i'd just like to thank Sean for all the wonderful memories he has left us with just his time at the club.

I've known Sean and his family since they moved from the big smoke to Ballinalee and into our community. With his father Eddie visiting our home almost daily as our postman and saturday evening drinks in the Stags Head ( oh and the lovely red fiesta !! )

I'll always remember him having so much skill on the pitch at break time and the only way to stop him was the odd kick but when it came to trying the GAA Sean never could grasp it but he brought soccer into our school and within a few years there was a team which of course was built around him.

Fast forward to sceondary school and his skills were on show once more and it was just a matter of time until he was signed by a big club.

It was a proud moment for all in Ballinlaee when Sean signed for Boro and was mixing with the likes of Gazza !!

Things didn't work out and Sean came back to Ireland. Very lucky for us he signed for De Town and the fairytale begun.

Sean has always given his best for our club and as a player was always dependable at left back or on the wing.

He is a true fans favourite and never minds talking to fans or having pictures taken.

As a footballer he was special, but as a person is he a gem and a true gent.

A few years ago we made a dvd called Memories & Heroes, if you want to relive the best of Sean then take it out over the weekend and have a look at it. Sean really sums it up as he has given us some fantastic memories and is a hero to many young and not so young Town supporters.

Sean,

Thanks

Mark Neilon.
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Well said Mark
    http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00090op3.jpg

here is hoping for a good turnout. Just about to hit the road to it.
    Last edited by RonnieB; 21/11/2008 at 4:56 PM.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Fair play Max, I trust you're buying a virtual ticket or two so you can show your face in Ballinalee again?.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Fair play Max, I trust you're buying a virtual ticket or two so you can show your face in Ballinalee again?.
    Indeed i will, my family bought a few as well !!!
    Ignore Max Power, he is no more, the future is Ron Burgundy. I'd love to be Ron Burgundy but they won't let me........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I left Flancare early tonight due to another committment but I must say it was an atmosphere just charged with emotion. Everything about it, when Sean came onto the field with the legends, bringing his beautiful niece on with him. Taking tip and having to leave the field. Sad but a nice send off, I know for a fact he will have enjoyed. A true gent!!

Oh was 3 nil to Legends on my departure
    Ever get the feelin' you have been cheated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    http://raydonlon.com/nov08/2111081/i...unty211108.jpg

fond of that image glad the banner came out so well. There was much swearing during its making, and as for that devilishly charming fella with the two stick flag

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Just home after a great night. As one of the organisers said a line needed to be drawn under Sean's career and it was a really enjoyable night. Maybe more people could have turned out but there was a decent crowd, about 1700, certainly it was multiples of those attending Flancare lately. 4-4 was a fair result on the balance of play too!. Fair play to Tardelli and Johan Mjallby too, particularly Johan Mjallby who stuck around for most of the night and was a total gent by all accounts. Nice to see some Drogs fans there too. Got the impression they were there to see Garto or Barrett rather than Stuey Byrne!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    it was a great night though and a decent enough turnout, was hoping for the 2000 mark but was good none the less. A good evenings fun singing all the old songs again and seeing some old faces both on and off the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Just been on Ray Donlon's site and it looked like a great occasion. Like the blue Town kit for the game, hope that's our away kit for next year! Love the flag RonnieB! Best of luck Sean, you absolutely deserve it.
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    A couple of them legends could still do a job for the current team imo, some great goals.

Sad to see that Prunty couldn't even play a bit. I knew he couldn't play professionally anymore but didn't realise it was so serious that he couldn't even play for a few minutes.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    A couple of them legends could still do a job for the current team imo, some great goals
    Definitely. Maccer, Mumbles and Stevie Gavin could play in the First Division. Robbie Coyle looked sharp and in good nick for a guy that hasn't played in years.

Fair play to Richie Parsons - he was always going to score.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Is Stevie still playing for Athlone? Either way yes he looks sharp. Mumbles is playing regular Leinster Senior League football and scoring loads apparently. He could definitely do a job though he may have to stop having a drag of a cigarette before coming on!. Great to see the lads in action again, really enjoyable match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Is Stevie still playing for Athlone? Either way yes he looks sharp. Mumbles is playing regular Leinster Senior League football and scoring loads apparently. He could definitely do a job though he may have to stop having a drag of a cigarette before coming on!. Great to see the lads in action again, really enjoyable match.
    Stevie is with Castlebar Celtic these days I think. Nice of the Drogheda fans to come out I have to say despite the situation between Sean and their club. They could have laid off Stuey though. Fair enough they have their reasons but last night wasn't about Stuart Byrne. He was a bit embarrassed about it and it's why he came off so early so it wouldn't detract from Sean's event. Sure we didn't even abuse Paiso that I noticed.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Ok, couldn't just remember whether he was still there or not.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Talking

i am just back to reality today. what a night. i didnt leave the golf club till half five this morning. it was brilliant catchin up with the legends and thanks very much for the majority of the players that signed my programme.. It was the good old times again... the auction went down very well i have got kirbs jersey..

was speakin to daire and goughie for most of the nite and the lads wish to thank the lads that post on this forum for their great support over this last season they really appreciated it. spoke to goughie for the first time last night he doesnt want to leave this club as there was reasons why he left first time around ...goughie loves the club and so does daire...

I heard last nite that vinny wont be applyin for the managers job so i wonder what is goin to happen next season??

fair play to the sligo lads for comin down and to the thirty drogs fans that came down.. i had a banter with a few female drogs fans that came over to section o during the second half.. It was an emotional occasion in section o thats for sure last nite especially tryin to remember the old chants!!

it was brill for sean to come over to us near the end!!

oh i would sign richie parsons again after seein that gem last nite!!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Strange, I'd heard that Vinny had already applied, maybe he changed his mind?. Apparently there are six applicants so far, don't know who they all are but Pat Dolan and Damien Richardson are the bookies' favourites, closely followed by Pat Fenlon (ahem..). The close season will be interesting as ever with LTFC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Strange, I'd heard that Vinny had already applied, maybe he changed his mind?. Apparently there are six applicants so far, don't know who they all are but Pat Dolan and Damien Richardson are the bookies' favourites, closely followed by Pat Fenlon (ahem..). The close season will be interesting as ever with LTFC.
    I've heard Trevor Croly has applied, I'd certainly like him.
    Last edited by Rocky77; 23/11/2008 at 1:04 PM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Hmm, he'd be an interesting one alright. He's a top class coach. Saw him there on Friday alright, I thought he'd be sticking with Pats though. Whoever gets it will be working on limited resources so if they do well they'll only enhance their reputation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    we should bring back paisley and kirbs aswell...theyve both been released by pats
    we are going up

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Yes, we can definitely afford that type of player. In all seriousness, I don't think we're going to see any great improvement on the level of player coming in. There's no money next year, as long as they keep trying that's all we can expect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast