Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: UCC Supporters Club

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb UCC Supporters Club

On Citynet, dcnags called on students to organise a supporters club in UCC.
    This is an idea that I have often thought about but never done anything about.
    But apathy has lost its control over me and dcnags has given me the kick up the ass I've always needed.

Nothing about a 'UCC Cork City Supporters Club' has even been close to decided. This is as early stages as it gets.
    All I've done is taken responsibility for organising an initial meeting on Tuesday next, the 28th of October in the Old College Bar for any students that use this forum or Citynet (and that obviously support Cork City).
    This is merely a provisional time and only two of us so far have committed to this. It is therefore subject to change should anyone who wants to go prefer a more suitable time. We're students for Christ sake - we're not exactly run off our feet.

This get together/meeting would basically be a short one at which whoever should turn up will share ideas about how a supporters club of this nature should go foward i.e. aims, methods etc. More importantly it will be a meeting that will decide how we get the thing up and running. Therefore, absolutely everybody is invited (indeed urged) to come along.

In other words, I am calling on people who are interested in running it or people who are just simply interested in membership due to time constraints or also if people who run (or have run in the past) clubs or societies and who would be kind enough to share their experience with us.

To avoid confusion that has already cropped up on Citynet due to my naive vagueness, I must stress that this supporters club is not (if I have my way) 'feckin students' out for a bunch of handy freebies.
    I see a Student Supporters club as a means of promoting Cork City on the UCC campus to Cork students whose world is the Premiership and also to introduce visiting students, be they Irish or not, to eL football if they are not aware of it already.
    There are already a lot of students and former students who support Cork City so it is patently obvious that this is an accessible group willing to try something different.

I hope that student fans reading this think that this is a good idea and see it as a means of increasing our active support for our club by increasing the support of the club - if you get me.

Anyone interested in meeting up at some stage during the week (at the time stated or at another time that we could organise), please respond on this thread or PM me or contact me at johnriordan2003@hotmail.com - I'd also be interested in comments or ideas from non-student forum members who are experienced in what we intend to start up in UCC.

Vito - John Riordan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Exclamation ...........................................

I am a CIT student so i guess it counts me out

Seriously John, great idea. I'd ask on e thing though.

Can you let us know how you are getting on and ASK IF YOU NEED HELP. If you need any ideas or if you are caught for anything ..... Voice yourself here and most people will lend a hand.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hey vito, it wasn't me at all, it was gavinzac!!he deserves the credit for it, i'm not even in college yet!!

Now i wish i could though, maybe in a couple of years when ye're gone i can take over the reigns!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by dcnags
    i'm not even in college yet!!
    not even close!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ya, unfortunately

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice one 'THE FACE'

well face - you've provided another angle/idea/approach that a student supporters club could take and which i will suggest on Tuesday.
    that being to form a supporters club in UCC and therefore to provide the impetus for creating one in CIT with which we'd operate in conjunction and between us we would promote Cork City in the other third level institutions (maybe even second level although thats a bit ambitious) using the ideas we come up with together.

Obviously you cant make it on Tuesday so I'll e-mail/PM you after it (if you want) with what we discussed.

Also, people like the face who cant make it or would not be members, by all means i beg you to give me ideas like he just did.

Nice one.

Vito

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Need to reiterate my plea for any UCC student City supporters interested in forming this and that have any ideas on how it should operate to please come and meet up tomorrow (Tuesday) at 2:00 in the small room of the Old College Bar.

ANYBODY????
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ya I'll be there. Somebody wear a city jersey so we can actually find ye.
    The glass isn't half full or half empty it's just too damn big!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ON YA SHEDITE.
    I'll be wearing a City jersey anyway as will CCFC TILL I DIE - mainly cos he doesn't have much other clothes. Cheap coming from me tho...

The smallish room adjoining the Old Colege Bar - 2:00. Anyone else?

John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    lads from spending long enough trying to get out of UCC, i know from wearing me city jersey and having ppl come up and ask ya bout city and also from seeing loads of ppl around the campus with jerseys on , that the numbers are definately there to get something going here.
    Put up posters around the boole, old colege bar, sci building and other places, spread the word and maybe get something into the club to put in the programme to publicise your new venture

good luck with it and up the rebel army
    -james

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm on Cork Campus Radio does that count as being a UCC student?

I do the sports show on Thursday so if ye want to do an interview to publicise the thing drop me a pm to sort out it out. It's on at 5PM on Thurs.
    Whatever it was I am sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by vito_golightly
    ON YA SHEDITE.
    I'll be wearing a City jersey anyway as will CCFC TILL I DIE - mainly cos he doesn't have much other clothes. Cheap coming from me tho...

The smallish room adjoining the Old Colege Bar - 2:00. Anyone else?

John
    Cheeky *******.

Cheers ruari, james, shadite and a face.

I think vito is more handy with words than me so I'll see if he fancies going on air. Great idea though and once again 2 o clock Tuesday back room old college bar.
    I'm gonna take a blow torch to everyone who writes "any info on......." on the desks in the ucc library.

Who's with me

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Student

Im a UCC student on work placement for this year but count me into anything yer thinking of doing.

Ye'll need a fair few signitures to get something going officially. If you get that you bring it to the societies guild who take it from there and will give ye help setting up etc.

Shedite you should tell Guersey about it too.
    Oh no not them again

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    JAMES - thanks for that. everything you said is exactly the reason this thing is so long overdue.

RUAIRI - thanks to you too for that offer which was precisely an avenue I was looking at going down (along with the paper) - you've just confirmed it as a possibility. will get back to you very soon. cheers

SOCcfc - naturally everybody is welcome and obviously you cant make it today but I'll get back to you personally.

I'll see whoever else later on.

john

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    suggestion.......send something into the program about it...dont think they'd have a problem putting soething down about it.,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by James
    get something into the club to put in the programme to publicise your new venture
    good idea NOTL

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    figures................i never read your posts......can never make sense of them........

GavinZac

Thumbs up

we had the meeting, i think vito will be onto ye!