Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Gill/Manager position

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black and White View Post
    Absolute disgrace...i hope gerry matthews or the other gob****e in charge read these kind of forums!!shower of ......!(let ye fil this space in) Amount of peops on here supporting Gill...only a select few ar@eholes where booing him and look whta hes done for us...Hope you people(ye know who ye are) are happy!club is in turmoil because of ye!
    Catch a grip of yourself.
    Supporters did nothing, this was a board decision. I don't believe the supporters had any input into the boards decision.
    The board want a man who they feel will keep them out of any trouble next season.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So im just imagining the boos i heard on sat night after the final whistle went...small section have been on gills back most of the season...there was what only 4 or 5 games played when a few so called fans started a forum on one of the websites slating gill and several palyers and putting up personal things about them aswell.I distinctly remember gill coming out and calling them a disgrace and that they werent true fans and ever since there has been a small section slating the manager!You cant deny any of this!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    No you didn't imagine the boos. They where there but that had nothing to do with the board not offering Gill a contract. If that was the case Gill would of been fired within his first 8 games in charge. I also pity people who say that boo boys or people on MB's aren't true supporters of the team. If the team loses or for a moment it looked like we wasted another chance to be promoted then the supporters have every right to tell those in charge what they think. At the end of the day they are the ones who pay the managers and players wages.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Has anyone got the exact story of where we are in terms of John Gill . Is he gone or not................with that much crap flyng around its hard to seperate fact from fiction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    The Managers position for Dundalk Fc is being advertsed. It's F/T position which will oversee youth development and the underage levels.
    J Gill is welcome to apply but his former position was P/T and only oversaw the first team and U-21's.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    The Managers position for Dundalk Fc is being advertsed. It's F/T position which will oversee youth development and the underage levels.
    The Board will consider both part-time and full-time applicants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy

still bit of a slap in the mouth for John, they could have at least waited a couple a weeks before stickin it in the argus.
    so who does the board have in mind then?? not Scully! he was there in the stand only a few weeks ago or your man croinin? tony cousins??? - lord help us.

“I said all along that I thought we were the best team in the division, and that has been proven now. League tables and history won’t lie - we are the best team in the division. Personally, it’s great. It’s two league titles and it should have been three promotions. Certainly, now, I feel I deserve a crack at the Premier Division, but we’ll see whether that happens or not.

post match from giller -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Statement from the Board.

Dundalk Football Club would like to take the opportunity to thank all supporters, the many volunteers, Dundalk FC Trust Patron Scheme members, sponsor partners, staff, and in particular the coaching and playing staff for their contribution in restoring our club’s top flight status for the first time in seven years. As every visitor to Oriel Park will know, there have been many developments and improvements to the club both on and off the field, and even in a tougher economic environment, the club is well placed to go from strength to strength over the next 12 months and beyond.

The end of the season also means the start of planning on and off the field for 2009. This will mean that improvements will need to be made across the club to cope with higher attendances, increased sponsor and media interest and higher standards that premier division football brings. The improvements off the field will continue over the coming months, but there are also steps to be made on the field.

As the contracts for the playing and coaching staff are coming to an end, and considering the new challenges that top flight football brings, the Dundalk FC board have decided to advertise the position of club manager to explore all the possibilities in order to ensure that a squad capable of competing in the premier division can be assembled with minimum delay. Negotiations shall continue with John Gill, but the board believe that in the interests of the long-term stability of the club, the opportunity should be taken to consider the need for a wider vision in terms of having an overall coaching strategy for all members of the football staff recruited at Oriel Park.

Having now advertised the position in the press we recognise that there is considerable confusion and criticism from supporters and the media. We regret that our course of action has caused distress in the week of such a glorious success. Since this board have taken over the running of the club we have questioned every conventional aspect of running a football club. We used many, by football standards, unconventional methods to become the first board in many years to make our club debt free. Everything we have done has been in the best interests of Dundalk FC. We continue to make huge strides off the pitch and 2009 will be another year of significant improvement at Oriel Park. For example, work is underway on the Youth Development Centre which we hope to have built by next summer.

O ur approach to ensuring that we have the best man in the job for next season may be, admittedly, unconventional. However, as our incumbent manager is now out of contract, this is purely a transparent process to ensure that our club has the best structure in place for what will be a huge challenge. We are Dundalk supporters first and foremost and have worked very hard to get the club to this point. We accept the constructive criticism that we have received. We are grateful to John Gill for his comments publicly supporting our right to examine all options available to us. We acknowledge that this is a difficult situation for John especially after his exceptional achievement of leading Dundalk FC back to the Premier Division.

For the good of our club, we ask that you please trust us and support our efforts to establish ourselves in the Premier Division. We need to be united going forward into what will be a very exciting season.

Yours in Sport,
    The Board of Dundalk Football Club.
    Shamrock Rovers
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    According to The Sun Stephen Henderson is favourite for the job!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Stephen Henderson can go F!@k himself!!Thats all we need a manager who whinges week in week out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

[quote=Dunny2K7;1062656]Statement from the Board.
    O ur approach to ensuring that we have the best man in the job for next season may be, admittedly, unconventional.

thats understatment of the year, honestly you can bandy together what ever words you want but a spade is a spade and what the board have done is unacceptable in my eyes, talk about ruining your own luck!!
    and dont tell me its not about luck! gill got us up 2 out of 3 years and it was luck last sat that won it for us on the nite but it was that we were in such a great position also. limerick did their bit but john gill and the team did theirs too. it should have been his decision to stay or leave not the boards!

they could, no should have waited at least til john did his lap round the town in a open top bus before that insult.
    will he be there on sat now? or friday nite even? i hope so.
    think il skip friday nite meself tho...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by randomcomment View Post
    . Other lads I'd look at would be Dolan, Jeff Kenna and Paul Cook.
    do you seriously think you'd get Kenna or Cook??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    You never know. It depends if they apply or not. You are missing the point that we are one of the few clubs in the league that actually has made money this season. Galway and Sligo have both encountered financial difficulties this season where we haven't. it could probably come down to what clubs can offer the best budget. If Sligo weren't in europe next season I would try to get Cook.

• We are very well positioned to stay in the premier because our budget should be something similar last season or if needs be greater than last season
    • we have a reputation of being able to pay our players on time, which will probably be the only thing they will be asking when contract negotiations take place.
    Based on the east coast we could attract a greater number of players than Galway or Sligo.

Personally i'd love to see Cook there.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Stephen Henderson can go F!@k himself!!Thats all we need a manager who whinges week in week out!
    Dont be so stupid man, not many better than him out there.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Thats all we need a manager who whinges week in week out!
    I found him to be quite honest during his tenure and rarely whinged.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gerry, gerry, gerry !!

Dundalk CEO Gerry Matthews has stated that the club are currently exploring all their options as they begin their preparations for a return to the top flight of Irish football for the first time in seven years and that manager John Gill has not been sacked. Gill’s contract expired after he led the Lilywhites to the First Division crown last weekend, however, Matthews says that a contract renewal has certainly not been ruled out.

“John hasn’t been sacked,” Matthews told Dundalk FM on Saturday evening. “We’re still in negotiations with John for the position as manager for the Premier Division. We did advertise for the position. We felt we’ve reached a new level and we feel that we owe it to Dundalk Football Club and we owe it to the people of Dundalk to try to get the best person for the job. At the end of this process, when we’re finished interviewing different managers, if John is the best person for the job, he will come through with flying colours and he’ll be offered the job.

“We spoke to John’s representative last Monday evening and then we spoke to himself personally; he came down and spoke to us on Tuesday. People maybe have an issue with the timing of it, but the reality of it is that there’s a lot of managers that became available last Saturday, so we wanted to get the word out there straight away. A lot of managers are out of contract and we want to get talking to some of those before some of them have signed on with another team. Also, for respect for John, there was no point in letting him hang on further than we had to. We wanted to let him know straight away.

“On Monday evening, when we met his agent, it was at 6.30, we had a Board meeting and we decided to go the road that we did. We rang his agent back straight away and then John rang me that night and then we said we’d meet him the next day. We let him know at the very earliest opportunity what the process was. That was for two reasons; one, in respect for him, and two, to avail of any possible managers that may be released or were looking for a new job for the Premier. We have to cover all possibilities.

“John has done a tremendous job and the results speak for themselves. He’s won us promotion, he won it in 2006 as well and he got us into a playoff in 2007. There’s nobody denying that that was all down to John Gill. But the reality is that we’ve reached a new level, a level that has taken us seven years to get to. We would be very remiss not to look and see is there anybody out there that can do a better job than John. That’s not taking from John’s skills. As I said, if at the end of the process, we’ve interviewed five or six candidates for the job and John is the best person for the job we will give him our full backing. He doesn’t need to re-apply. We never asked him to re-apply. We know his credentials and we can make that decision.

“Two of the teams coming down from the Premier this year, Finn Harps and Cobh, have the same manager that they took on last year. Now, I’m not suggesting for one minute that if we reappoint John that we’ll be in the same scenario next year. But, nevertheless, it’s something to bear in mind that two teams that came down this year have the same manager that they went up with. We feel that we owe it to Dundalk to look at all possibilities.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    • We are very well positioned to stay in the premier because our budget should be something similar last season or if needs be greater than last season
    I thought it was announced somewhere that yer budget was going to be cut??
    (apologies if thats incorrect, just Im nearly sure I read it somewhere or was told that last time I was in Oriel)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I thought it was announced somewhere that yer budget was going to be cut??
    (apologies if thats incorrect, just Im nearly sure I read it somewhere or was told that last time I was in Oriel)
    Maybe you saw it in the match day programme. I'll have to rumage through it for the exact wording. i think they meant that with the financial problems affecting other clubs and the amount of players out of contract we may be able to operate on a lower budget than last season. I have that matchday programme Ash at home if i find it I'll let you know
    Long Live King Kenny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12