Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will Dundalk have to

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    How is winning promotion on the field a favour?
    I said nothing about your league win.

Have the FAI given money to Dundalk that other First Division clubs were not getting ?
    On what basis were they given that money ?

I take it you don't know a lot about your clubs accounts ?
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Come out and say what you are implying and quit with the cloak and dagger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We havnt being handed any favours from the FAI...actually if you look at things....Waterford where 2 year ago (Delaney fan of Waterford), last game of this season(shels game got a DUBLIN ref, our game got a Cork ref) amazed something weird didnt happen in that shels game...act it did, both games where supposed to start and finish at same time...Shels game started a full 3.5 mins after our game! Also...earlier on in the season, we played waterford in oriel...player fouled miles inside the box and marney tapped the ball into the net...ref decided he wasnt playing advantage when the ball went in, and gave a free kick on the side line...WTF like!!ball was nowhere near where he gave the free...up on 1 of the videos on dundalkfc.com
    MY POINT....FAI appointed some very dodgy refs to alot of our games this season...we have struggled with money over the past 5 to 6 years and we HAVE not had any financial help from those shower of c!nts in merrion square!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black and White View Post
    ....MY POINT....FAI appointed some very dodgy refs to alot of our games this season...we have struggled with money over the past 5 to 6 years and we HAVE not had any financial help from those shower of c!nts in merrion square!
    Same as those goons at Lancaster Gate!

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/ContactUs...6/fa_pages.htm
    "FA Incentive Schemes

The Football Association
    25 Soho Square
    London
    W1D 4FA
    Tel: 0845 458 1966
    Fax: 020 745 5776
    Description: The official England supporters club."
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black and White View Post
    We havnt being handed any favours from the FAI...actually if you look at things....Waterford where 2 year ago (Delaney fan of Waterford), last game of this season(shels game got a DUBLIN ref, our game got a Cork ref) amazed something weird didnt happen in that shels game...act it did, both games where supposed to start and finish at same time...Shels game started a full 3.5 mins after our game! Also...earlier on in the season, we played waterford in oriel...player fouled miles inside the box and marney tapped the ball into the net...ref decided he wasnt playing advantage when the ball went in, and gave a free kick on the side line...WTF like!!ball was nowhere near where he gave the free...up on 1 of the videos on dundalkfc.com
    MY POINT....FAI appointed some very dodgy refs to alot of our games this season...we have struggled with money over the past 5 to 6 years and we HAVE not had any financial help from those shower of c!nts in merrion square!
    There is no anti-Dundalk bias going on. If there is a reason for us to have hassle it will be the schooligans, of which every club has this cross to bear...Higgins could vouch for this! Now id like to know what money Dundalk recieved more than other 1st Div clubs from the FAI? If it aint fair complain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thats the thing...we havnt received any money from the FAI just money for the positions we finish in the league every year and off course for wining the league this season!

Only other money we have received was a grants from the government for the development of the pitch etc...Gerry Matthews who owns the club has being pumping his own money in since he took over 4 years ago!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    No payments made on the basis you 'would' have rightfully been in the premier division and entitled to this but as you were overlooked in the beauty contest and you felt hard done by?
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    No payments made on the basis you 'would' have rightfully been in the premier division and entitled to this but as you were overlooked in the beauty contest and you felt hard done by?
    Well done higgins it took you 13 days to come up with that.
    as far as I am aware we never received anything so if you are going to make accusations like you'd want to back it up with something substantial
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    last game of this season(shels game got a DUBLIN ref, our game got a Cork ref)
    With 25-30% of the country's population being from Dublin, the simple fact of the matter is that a lot of refs are going to come from the city, and will have to ref games involving Dublin teams. Besides, who's to say that ref wasn't from somewhere like Tallaght? What would it matter to him if Shels go up?

A Dublin ref won't support a team just because they're from Dublin (there are 6 Dublin teams after all), it's not like assigning an Irish ref to take charge of Ireland v England, now is it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    As a Sligo Rovers supporter I wish Dundalk a happy return to the top division. I am old enough to remember that Dundalk FC were good friends to Sligo in the past and its great to see Dundalk back where they belong.
    Look forward to visiting Oriel Park next season and it would be nice to Sligo and Dundalk back among the leaders next season. Enjoy your Christmas

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Red View Post
    As a Sligo Rovers supporter I wish Dundalk a happy return to the top division. I am old enough to remember that Dundalk FC were good friends to Sligo in the past and its great to see Dundalk back where they belong.
    Look forward to visiting Oriel Park next season and it would be nice to Sligo and Dundalk back among the leaders next season. Enjoy your Christmas
    how were dundalk good friends to sligo in the past well red??
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    The pitch surface will be replaced at a cost of €200,000 with Dundalk FC paying 25% and FieldTurf paying 75%.

Also the FAI are meeting with the club today to ask them to move games away from a Thursday night.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-1578828.html
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Also the FAI are meeting with the club today to ask them to move games away from a Thursday night.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-1578828.html
    Going by that it seems that there's no actual set rule in place about matchdays. If that's the case Dundalk should just do what's best for them and stay with Thursdays.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    Going by that it seems that there's no actual set rule in place about matchdays. If that's the case Dundalk should just do what's best for them and stay with Thursdays.
    Hopefully they do what is best for me and change to a Saturday evening.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The pitch surface will be replaced at a cost of €200,000 with Dundalk FC paying 25% and FieldTurf paying 75%.
    I thought the estimated costs to get the pitch up to Premier standards was in the region of 600k ?
    www.ssdg.ie

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Why are FieldTurf paying 75% of the cost out of curiosity? Had they guaranteed it being up to Premier Division standard or something?.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Why are FieldTurf paying 75% of the cost out of curiosity? Had they guaranteed it being up to Premier Division standard or something?.
    When it was laid the pitch was just within specifications. However FIFA/UEFA changed the specifications which made the pitch failed. There must of been a clause in the contract stating a guarantee on the pitch. I don't know if we are getting the best artificial surface that there is or if it is being just brought within specifications but I would say the clubs proportion is to bring the surface well within specifications.
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    It is the same surface as Moscow as stated at the Sean Connor unveiling so it must be high spec.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Well Red View Post
    Here here! Good soccer town with good fans. Not sure how they were friends to Sligo though???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123