Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!

thecorner

Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a result..... r they proud of it
    we shouldnt be relying on the referee to beat u.c.d.
    so dont go blaming the ref

that was a pathetic display

we had all the play and the only only keeper to be tested was mick devine.........explain that one

we got 2 new nigerians .....one on the bench,one not.....

r we ever gonna see what they r capable of??????

can we honestly say that one of our first eleven deserved 6/10

3 proud fans of u.c.d. walking round the city 2nite
    and i repeat THREE

a game of footie is 90 mins long......will somebody tell the city players u play for the first 87mins,,,not just the last 3

and PAT DOLAN READ THIS..........

Y DID U SIGN NW@NKO.......GIVE HIM A CHANCE
    Last edited by thecorner; 25/10/2003 at 11:28 AM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hard to disagree with any of that.
    Feeble display until the last few minutes. UCD could easily have been 2 up by then. All the good work of last weekend thrown away.
    Why couldn't we play for even 15 minutes earlier in the game, like we did for the last 3 minutes?

Surely Dolan should have made more than one change? We were getting nowhere, why not try something different?
    Benno, Casey or Nw@nko were surely worth a run......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agree with both of ye.Thre is no pint in signing someone unless your gonna play them.

Also john has been out since the last time we played U.C.D., mabye another striker wouldnt be a bad idea.
    If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    bad result alright. i don't think we have wona home game since beating drogheda 4 - 0. funny really now we can't win at home

all these bad home dropped points aginst ucd, waterford, shels (twice)...... it's a shame really as we could have pushing for second place.

tb honest the team looked jaded and once kevin murray and greg gave another example why they shouldn't be in midfield. please play greg at full back pat.

this season has been has frusutaing as it gets. with a little more concentration and a little more consistency we should be doing better.

unless we finish at least third it has been a poor season
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by dalo
    bad result alright. i don't think we have wona home game since beating drogheda 4 - 0. funny really now we can't win at home
    bring back gunther for the home games
    and keep donlanio for the away ones

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    hard to argue with any of that. it was the kind of display we've seen a few times this season. hopefully we can put it down to teething problems in dolan's first season.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo
    tb honest the team looked jaded and once kevin murray and greg gave another example why they shouldn't be in midfield. please play greg at full back pat.

Greg at full back? who would you drop Dalo? I actually think Greg has being playing quite well lately. Murray, played his best ive seen him yet the other night, but that dont count for much. The poor boy is a passenger.

As for the nigerians, well i wouldnt be starting them just yet. Perhaps if we are 3-0 to the good, then throw them in, but not before that.

The other nights performance was a typical UCD game performance. How i loathe those students. But in fairness, it was their last game in the league against us, hopefully ever, do u really think they would make it easy for us. They came to spoil, and they succeeded. Ill be glad to see the back of them.

In conclusion, bring on Bohs!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    It had to have been the most spineless, gutless, and all round pathetic performances I have ever witnessed at the Cross.

Whatever about UCD being resilient, we should be capapble of breaking them down.

In my opinion Greg was the only one who showed anythng like the effort required on the night.
    Kearney showed glimpses of what he is capable of but all the rest were sh!te.

If we know that Kearney has a belter of a shot on him. Then why oh why whenever we get a free outside the box does George persist with his personal vendetta against some guy at the back of the Shed.
    Georges set piece deliveries have been very poor and we really need an alternative at this stage.

Whatever Dolan told the Echo I hope to Chríst he gave them the bóllocking of a lifetime in the dressing room after the game.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Away fixtures are definitely the new home games this year.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    we are making it too easy for teams at turners cross.....
    Bring back the plank

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by razor
    Then why oh why whenever we get a free outside the box does George persist with his personal vendetta against some guy at the back of the Shed.
    Georges set piece deliveries have been very poor and we really need an alternative at this stage.
    Totally agree. If I had any hair left, I would have torn it out by now in frustration at our complete inability to do anything from a deadball situation.
    No danger of us being labelled Set Piece City......

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    besides frees, i say it every game and get killed for it,but our throw ins are awful,we rarely keep the ball and we take ages to thrown the thing so we give the opposition loads of time to mark up.

at the end of the ucd game when we finally put on pressure kearney went to take a throw,only to stop and give the ball to woods who just threw it to kearney,who lost the ball cos they gave the defenders time to mark him.crazy.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Doaln said "the fans need to control their expectations".....All I expect from this team is to be able to compete with most teams in the league and generally beat most of them at home. Also I would like my/our team to actually try and perform particularly against the poorest squad of students that have been assembled in years...

But Pat is right I need to control my expectations...lost the run of myself there

we have dropped so many points in the last 5 -6 games that would have us comfortably in second now as both Bohs and shels are dropping points all over the shop. Then again that is not the team or managements fault it was our expectaions that caused the pressure...I apologise again to all the team for having to high expectations....

C'mon city lets build for next season where hopefully we can just avoid the drop (hope that expectation is low enough for PAT.
    Bring back the plank

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Ozymandias
    we are making it too easy for teams at turners cross.....
    I think there are 2 things going against us at the Cross-
    1. We don't have someone in the middle of the park who can put their foot on the ball and run the game, hence the need to sign another midfielder.
    2. The small pitch makes it very easy for sides to stop us playing to strengths. Away from home we switch the ball from side to side a lot and hold onto possession that way, but the pitch at the cross makes it too easy for teams to close us down.