Thread: Gamble extends Barnet stay

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gamble extends Barnet stay

(from soccer central)

Irish U21 International central midfielder Joe Gamble will remain on loan at Conference side Barnet until the remainder of this season and his future at Reading now looks all but over.

Barnet joined Barnet from the Royals for an initial three-month loan period this summer with a view to extending the deal by a possible six-month extension.

The former Cork City player had been out injured (knee) for most of last season, making the bench once in Reading’s away defeat at Leicester City. It is now unlikely that he will play for Reading again, as his contract at the club runs out next summer.

Prior to joining Reading in August 2000, the Irish U21 international turned down potential offers from Premiership sides Aston Villa and Middlesbrough.

If his future with Reading is all but over, what are the chances he would consider coming home for the start of next season?
    Effenberg played like my grandmother!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well the sucess of several of players who have come back from the English leagues should be prove that the eL is an alternative.
    And I should think a Premier Division club would be a better option than Barnet.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    he'd be a handy player to re-sign, but he couldn't wait to go to England so who knows if he'll want to come back.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna
    ...but he couldn't wait to go to England so who knows if he'll want to come back.
    I actually imagine that he'd hold out for any offer from any English League club before considering coming back.
    Effenberg played like my grandmother!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by niamh
    And I should think a Premier Division club would be a better option than Barnet.
    Lets hope so.

I know crowds don't mean much but the odd time i scan the Conference results seems like to be variety of crowds from 2000-1000.

He looked like exactly what city needed when made the 1st team so hopefully hes progressed a bit.

City need to make europe & continue challenging for the league next season to make the club more attractive to the likes of Gamble. If Barnet are still stuck in the Conference next year than that would help also.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Where City finish will have a huge effect on the standard of players Pat will be able to bring in over the summer. City will need proper European football (rather than Intertoto) to get the better players to come to Cork.
    Although by the time Pat is finished PRing the club and city, they probably thing they're signing for the best club in the world ever.

fonzi
    crein out load like!
    why should he bother?
    he probably gets more fukin money in the confrence and shows how much intrest he has in comin home, like.

greanted, we'd all like to sing this guy or that but guy or bring him home but sure, some players have serious dillusions of grandure that theyll make the big time when all they'll ever do is hang around the lower leagues for the rest of thier uninspiring careers.
    and thats the bottom line.
    what would have happened if we didnt get murray.
    they wont play in europe but people are too intrested in money so they, in my opinion, can **** off.

thecorner
    hope he enjoys his "CAREER"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Originally posted by fonzi
    greanted, we'd all like to sing this guy or that but guy or bring him home but sure, some players have serious dillusions of grandure .
    Lah Lah di da de da!! How else do you 'sing' a guy??
    Knob head!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    jeez fonzi,

Gamble hardly deserves that tirade. Wait until the end of the season when his contract is up and see what he does then. From the little i saw of him in a city shirt he'd be a great addition to our squad and the kind of creative midfielder we could use.

But he was an U21 international until recently and just because Barnet are paying his wages now doesn't mean he's destined to wallow forever in the conference.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by tiktok
    jeez fonzi,

Gamble hardly deserves that tirade. Wait until the end of the season when his contract is up and see what he does then. From the little i saw of him in a city shirt he'd be a great addition to our squad and the kind of creative midfielder we could use.

But he was an U21 international until recently and just because Barnet are paying his wages now doesn't mean he's destined to wallow forever in the conference.
    Exactly, seems he choices now are go back to the Reading reserves only to be let go at the end of the season ot get some first team football for the rest of the season. Its mid season so his options would be limited anyway.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!