Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitch Invasion Fines

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question Pitch Invasion Fines

I know its a stupid question but why do the FAI even bother introducing new rules for flares, pitch invasions etc... if they've never enforced them.

Some clubs (CCFC, Bohs etc...) strictly enforce the fans off the pitch rule but other clubs (Pats, Shel$ etc..) seem to make no effort to keep people off the pitch.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    muppet post

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Dont know - probably cos UEFA regulations call for each association to have them. I think the pitch invasion thing is a tricky one, didnt they try to enforce it for GAA matches and failed???

I suppose if there is a rule there then it should be followed and fines should be imposed but the thing is most of the pitch invaders are young kids who wouldnt neccessarily care/realise the problem.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Re: Pitch Invasion Fines

Originally posted by pete
    I know its a stupid question but why do the FAI even bother introducing new rules for flares, pitch invasions etc... if they've never enforced them.
    How can the FAI enforce the fines for flares, while at the same time they consistently use the footage for advertising....

Incidently Longford can't get a definitive answer on the big flags - some in there say they're against ground regulations, while Rooney is encouraging them at the internationals...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    theres no such law or guidelines
    and the sooner fans wise up the sooner the fai wil
    and stop actin the mick

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Longford just created their own definitive answer on the big flags. Flancare is the only place all season that wouldn't let us bring our flags in.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by DruggyDrog
    Longford just created their own definitive answer on the big flags. Flancare is the only place all season that wouldn't let us bring our flags in.
    Blah blah blah.... Longford asked the FAI, and can't get a straight answer or are the drugs making you so paranoid that you don't believe us?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Know its almost impossible for clubs to stop guard the whole pitch but many clubs make no attempt to keep people off the pitch.

Bohs have the stupid orange mess but it works & City have improved no end at the Cross stopping people getting onto the pitch.

IMO the FAI are correct about the fans on the pitch thing. In those heated games only encourages home supporters to taunt the away supporters from the pitch.

Banning big flags is stupid, Flare use should be regulated.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    It's not the flags Longford have a problem with, it's the flagpoles.
    As for pitch invasions. At the Brandywell, there's nothing to stop someone from getting onto the pitch. People just don't go onto the pitch, it's against the rules. Can't teams like Pats and $h€l$ just tell their fans to do the same?
    Have you ever won the treble?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by wws
    and stop actin the mick
    then what's contained in the FAI handbook that's been issued to clubs about matchdays? I take it you haven't seen/read any of it?

TheRealRovers
    At our Game against [SIZE=1]Galway[/SIZE] in the cup some lunatic ran on to the pitch and went for the ref this was the first time I saw a Rovers supporter run on to the pitch in the Showgrounds. We got a fine for it so I don't see why other clubs don't get fined for pitch invasions
    On the flagpoles I see no reason why they should be banned. If you stat banning them then what next drums? I do think flares should controlled only aloud to be lit off before the game etc. The ref nearly called off our game with Dublin at half time last week because of bangers and fireworks being lit off during the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by joe
    then what's contained in the FAI handbook that's been issued to clubs about matchdays? I take it you haven't seen/read any of it?

of course not im a fan not some fat blazer
    they're making up a load of anti personal liberty rules
    which have no legal basis - and stuff like blocking flags etc is just so they can have a handy number - its a lazymans charter -"dont understand that jazz - therefore ban them all"

Im totally against this attitude - and every time we've confronted them on this they've had no comeback

handbook my hole

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by wws
    and stop actin the mick
    City have been told they will be fined if fans go on the pitch, whereas every away game I've been to in Dublin this season apart from Bohs (and I've only missed one) there have been fans going on the pitch after. Its double standards, and its not on.
    Originally posted by Macy
    Blah blah blah.... Longford asked the FAI, and can't get a straight answer or are the drugs making you so paranoid that you don't believe us?
    Wouldn't you think that the FAI inviting us to bring the big flags to landsdowne road for ireland games might give you a hint Every other ground in the country hs allowed us to bring the flags in, (Derry asked us if we wanted to wave them on the pitch) including longford first time out. I don't know what or how or why Longford or doing this, but there doesn't seem to be any sense to it.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Re: Re: Pitch Invasion Fines

Eanna, read the whole thread....

Incidently Longford can't get a definitive answer on the big flags - some in there say they're against ground regulations, while Rooney is encouraging them at the internationals...

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Pitch Invasion Fines

Eanna, read the whole thread....
    fair point. but I still can't figure out why Longford are the only team to do this. I mean, if the FAI allow them at Landsdowne and all other clubs allow them too, I would have thought Longford would use that as a precedent and ok them? that said, knowing the FAI, it would hardly be a shock if they fined a club for allowing them in the ground and had them in Landsdowne a week later

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Encroaching the pitch & flares have obvious reasons to be banned but what reason would anyone ban "big" flags? Is it the poles as opposed to the flags themselves? Assuming its the poles i presume the clubs also search people for knives, bottles & other such weapons?

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Encroaching the pitch & flares have obvious reasons to be banned but what reason would anyone ban "big" flags? Is it the poles as opposed to the flags themselves? Assuming its the poles i presume the clubs also search people for knives, bottles & other such weapons?
    well flag poles can be construed as weapons, but surely there's a fairly simple way of sorting this. The people who have big flags (from all clubs) have spent a lot of money on them and are hardly going to jeopardise that by thumping someone with one of them, hence it should be fairly easy to come to some kind of arrangement. They manage to have them in grounds worldwide for crying out loud. One thing I have heard though is that "big flags" aren't allowed in grounds in England because the flags themselves are considered a fire hazard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Yeah Newcastle had a crowd cover and they were told to have it fireproofed (at a huge cost) they di but found that fans were suffocation when they used it...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by Dodge
    Yeah Newcastle had a crowd cover and they were told to have it fireproofed (at a huge cost) they di but found that fans were suffocation when they used it...
    LOL - just the visions of an oversized Barcode......

That's true about the fireproofing, but essentially it was just an excuse.....

btw I don't agree on the ban on the big waveys (even though I think they're vastly over rated), but that's what the club said when one of our number enquired as to why they were banned... Unfortunately, and not surprisingly, there's no coherent message coming from Merrion Square

btw2 Longford have in the past done searches of fans coming in taking bottles off people - we got lambasted by away fans for that too....

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    btw2 Longford have in the past done searches of fans coming in taking bottles off people - we got lambasted by away fans for that too....
    can't see why anyone would have grounds to object to that! I think the big flags look great and add colour to the occasion, but my main issue is the fact that we're getting conflicting messages- same ol' FAI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast