Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disgraceful

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Disgraceful

was at the game last night, havent been around a lot lately, so i said id hang around for a while and have one of two, was outside and one of the race night organisers were giving money to one of the players, and i overheard that some people didnt pay up, and that this player and 3 or 4 others wouldnt be getting the full amount, basically as they were the last people that they were being given the money as they werent seen or whatever, and what happening was a ****ing disgrace, the player left a volley of abuse at the poor girl saying why isnt he getting paid and that the others were, there no call for it and a few people saw it later in the bar on CCTV and just asked the obviously shaken girl if she was ok, it was a disgacefull scene, that player should be made apologise for what he done and forfeit what he owed by the club, if i were her i would have decked the *****,

found out later that his wag dicided she was entitled to a go as well, ****ing disgrace they should be ashamed of themselfs and should refrain from showing there mugs around the club,

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It was an absolute disgrace alright. I was witness to some of the situation and it was terrible to see.
    All the girl was trying to do was help and the player basically threw his toys out and went crying looking for pity.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    The player in question was going to get his money on wednesday but couldnt wait!!

Launched into the girl in question in front of everybody, now there was 4 or 5 of us involved in the race night and to get stuck into her by herself it was shocking, personally i dont think the player is the problem here.

But for the "wag" to call one of the organisers a thief was disgraceful, an absolute joke and if this player thinks hes getting the money hes owed through a second party hes another thing coming. I could go on all day about this but i wont. The comforting thing is that other members of the club witnessed this and comforted her. One member said to me dont worry bout it hes nothing but a mercenary. How can i disagree to this. And the one player i will name is Mucky who was in the same boat, he said no problem no rush girl give me a shout when you get it.

Difference in the two is unbelievable!! Sad day i have to say from what i once classed as a Cobh Ramblers legend.

And i will be telling anybody that bought a horse off me the full story if they ask me, not hiding nothing.

Shocking!
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    It sounds like there are a few disgraces here, and the player isn't at the top of the list. The people wo didn't pay the money they promised and, most importantly, the board members who sent this girl out to get the flak off the players are the real disgraces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    It sounds like there are a few disgraces here, and the player isn't at the top of the list. The people wo didn't pay the money they promised and, most importantly, the board members who sent this girl out to get the flak off the players are the real disgraces.
    Na your pickin it up all wrong its nothing to do with the board. We ran a fundraiser for the players, to play their wages, and what we had we were giving out, now weve paid all players bar two as were waiting on final money to come in. the only reason its these 2 is cause they werent at the training when the money was given out, all they had to do was wait 3 days, hey already got over half and are waiting on a smal portion, oneo had no problem, and the second flipped.

We ran this fundraiser as a team to try get them some extra money, since they had their wages cut and to be called the names she was called by a players wife was terrible, loads of players thanked us from the bottom of their hearts we put savage hours in for them, because they deserved it. It was ridiculous, and it wont be forgotten

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    ya teh people who didnt pay, but thats noting new, the board werent to blame at all, she gave all the players there money, would you expect a problem if you put as much work into getting the money as she did to help this player, and this player had the ****ing cheek to verbally abuse her, and get his wag involved also

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fair enough, I got the wrong end of the stick there. I thought the club weren't paying the players' wages because they were short some money from a fund-raiser and left someone else to break the bad news. Poor form from the player to go off on one to someone trying to help him off her own bat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    ya was talking to her last night, what a ****ing disgrace, i would love to name him but wouldnt stoop so low, absolutely no call for it, talk about biting the hand that feeds ya, its hard to belive someone like that plays for ramblers
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Well its was just on red fm, that not only were the club robbing players of cash, but now a so called fundraisng committee ran a fundraiser and robbed the players of money.
    Were in talks with red fm as we speak if we get the number abd find out who it is we will be sending them a solicitors letter, aswell a full breakdown of where EVERY penny went, o and if it is the player/or somebody belonging to the player he will be named here.

The ghost texter of redfm strikes again eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard that too and I have been made aware of the situation and the player is a disgrace and the "ghostly texter" is a coward. Tom from Cobh is the name they used I think.
    Last edited by Rambling Along; 09/11/2008 at 5:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambling Along View Post
    Tom from Cobh is the name they used I think.
    very original

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    what a greedy ignorant piece of ****

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    how do the club expect people to help them fundraise when this is what happens, feel the consequences of this will be more drastic for the club than people realise

fundraisers are volunteers - players are paid
    "Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi". - Ian Holloway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6yardpunisha View Post
    how do the club expect people to help them fundraise when this is what happens, feel the consequences of this will be more drastic for the club than people realise

fundraisers are volunteers - players are paid
    this is it, they were the ones that stood up and done there bit, theres always one fool, and hopefully thats the last well see of him, this shouldnt deter anyone from helping out in future,

they were true servants to the club with there comitment and deserve praise,
    Last edited by don ramo; 09/11/2008 at 7:17 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

revenue here

was tax deducted, did the players receive payslips etc sounds very dodgy altogether, handing cash out after fundraisers this is like stuff from the seventies. You would think fundraisers would collect money hand over to the club then administer it professionally. The tax man, players union and the fai would be horrified at this

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    The money raised was handed over to the Financial Controller who deducted tax from it and he then gave the money + payslips back to a member of the Race Night Commitee.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    was tax deducted, did the players receive payslips etc sounds very dodgy altogether, handing cash out after fundraisers this is like stuff from the seventies. You would think fundraisers would collect money hand over to the club then administer it professionally. The tax man, players union and the fai would be horrified at this
    no they had to sign some form to say theyll pay the tax themselfs, so if they dont pay, they get punnished, not the club,

its a donation by fans towards there wages, so the form covered it saying that they are owed this much less by the club and that they have to tax it themselfs,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    The money raised was handed over to the Financial Controller who deducted tax from it and he then gave the money + payslips back to a member of the Race Night Commitee.
    not what i heard, bella knows

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    no they had to sign some form to say theyll pay the tax themselfs, so if they dont pay, they get punnished, not the club,

its a donation by fans towards there wages, so the form covered it saying that they are owed this much less by the club and that they have to tax it themselfs,
    Thats what it was.

I was half-cut when I was told so i had a bit of trouble remembering.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    ya dons right, they signed a form of contract with us accepting all responsibility for taxes. It was their idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast