Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohs Court Case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    There is not ample access from the other end of the ground
    Could they not access the site through the car park from the area where Bohs used to sell tickets?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley View Post
    What a truly revolting spectacle.

An eL club loses a critical case against a property developer and the verdict is greeted with unbridled joy and the usual half-baked, ill-informed gloating from the boards' rabble of self-appointed football finance gurus. Ugly.

If anyone thinks this is good for the league, then you are as misguided as the people who put Bohemian FC in this position.
    Ah boo ****ing hoo. A majority of Bohs fans did cartwheels at the various meltdowns faced by Rovers and Shels, so you're in no position to moan about people laughing at your current troubles.

PS... thread like this were bound to be brought back up
    Last edited by Dodge; 07/11/2008 at 3:21 PM.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    We really appreciate the good wishes and the hearfelt concerns
    Theres so much money at stake for both Bohs and Albion that unless it was an unequivocal slam dunk victory for either side , it was always going to be appealed to the Supreme Court. Given the equivocations, anomalies and inconsistencies littering the judgement, its odds on that Bohs will risk the 150 k it will take to appeal it to the Supreme Court. I might open a book on it and head down to Richmond Park for expert advice on laying odds.
    Could be worse, we could have got the 65 mill two years ago and invested it in the high interest Icelandic banking sector, or in Anglo Irish Bank shares!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Anyone who laughed at Shams' meltdown (I don't remember doing so) was treated like they'd raped someone's granny on here.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Worst comeback ever. particularly with todays news
    tbh - I know were pretty much shafted and up the Tolka creek without so much as a damp copy of the Golden Pages with which to paddle with - allow me that one at least.

Although I have to say - I agree with BohDiddley here just now - there are a well informed minority who are seeing this for what it could be - sadly that minority are vastly outnumbered by the gorillas on here - who when they aren't dragging their knuckles on the floor are using them to bash their keyboards and come out with ****e.

Enjoy the Glasnevin Social lads - it's the third grave on the left as you head through the main gates...
    Kom Igen, FCK...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

An eL club loses a critical case against a property developer and the verdict is greeted with unbridled joy and the usual half-baked, ill-informed gloating from the boards' rabble of self-appointed football finance gurus. Ugly.
    Nice case of selective amnesia.

Your fans spent weeks at the time of the deal lording it about how they would dominate for generations on the back of this deal and ignored everyone who warned them that Bohs were dealing with people who were a lot brighter than them.

Lesson: if you behave like arrogant *****s you'll find a lot of people waiting to throw it right back at you.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't subscribe to the view that this is good for the League, in the same way had the deal gone through it also wouldn't have been good for the League.
    Last edited by OneRedArmy; 07/11/2008 at 3:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    whose responsible for this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    We really appreciate the good wishes and the hearfelt concerns
    Theres so much money at stake for both Bohs and Albion that unless it was an unequivocal slam dunk victory for either side , it was always going to be appealed to the Supreme Court. Given the equivocations, anomalies and inconsistencies littering the judgement, its odds on that Bohs will risk the 150 k it will take to appeal it to the Supreme Court. I might open a book on it and head down to Richmond Park for expert advice on laying odds.
    Could be worse, we could have got the 65 mill two years ago and invested it in the high interest Icelandic banking sector, or in Anglo Irish Bank shares!
    Care to explain the anomalies and inconsistencies littering the judgment?

It was one of the most thorough judgments I have ever heard and it was obvious that a great deal of consideration was given and a great deal of effort put into writing it up.

John Edwards, while only a short while on the bench, was one of the very top and most highly respected lawyers in the country for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    A club sells something twice and budgets for a large wedge of money they don't have on that.

What's not good for the league in that being called up. That sort of business sense being weeded out should be celebrated
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What it is is bad publicity for the league (as is the Pats betting thing).

The outcome of it is specifically bad for Bohs and not the league.

Whatever the outcome of this is Bohs have a huge asset in Dalymount that will ensure their solvency so they won't go bellyup even though they may be sanctioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesboots View Post
    What it is is bad publicity for the league (as is the Pats betting thing).

Whatever the outcome of this is Bohs have a huge asset in Dalymount that will ensure their solvency so they won't go bellyup even though they may be sanctioned.
    Finally a bit of sense on here. Comments from some people are laughable i.e. people claiming Dalymount has little or no value in the present economic climate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I'm not sure I see any benefit for the league in this.

Its bad for Bohemians, also it may have a knock on effect for any clubs who were looking at selling players to Bohs in the winter to help their own money woes.
    It doesnt help attendences at other grounds.
    It doesnt improve facilities at other grounds.
    It doesnt improve the standard of officialdom in the league.
    It doesnt help attract advertising to the league.

I could give two fooks about Bohs to be honest, especially the schooligans that seem to follow them wherever they play, but can someone explain to me why this is "good for the league", petty rivalry aside.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Because your points, valid though they are, are concerned only with short term thinking. For the league to be taken seriously - and that includes by potential sponsors, the media, players thinking of signing for an eL team and the general public - this kind of nonsense has to stop. (I appreciate it's a losing battle in many quarters in any event).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charliesboots View Post

Agreed,Pats betting against themselves is a whole lot worse for the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    I could give two fooks about Bohs to be honest, especially the schooligans that seem to follow them wherever they play, but can someone explain to me why this is "good for the league", petty rivalry aside.
    By ensuring that Bohs don't have €40 million to develop facilities and structures that would see them dominate irish football for years. not to wention pay massive wages to players
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Founders View Post
    Agreed,Pats betting against themselves is a whole lot worse for the league
    When did this happen? Rumours last I heard...
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Disagree - if you're talking of a figure that low compared to the original €65 estimate, then there are plenty of people out there who'd pay that for the site. Even to sit on for 10 years, there are a lot of people who'd view it as a more stable investment than most in the current climate.
    are you about 6 or what. the €65m was a vastly over inflated figure agreed at a time when people thought the good times would just keep rolling on and thought the value of land was whatever it took to out bid the other fella!!!

Shops and businesses throughout the country are feeling the pinch, every 10 minutes a person losses their job in the country and no bank or financial institution is prepared to lend any money worth talking about, yet you think "there are plenty of people out there who'd pay" €10 to 15 million "to sit on for 10 years". get a life man. (i haven't even mentioned that the site now has massively restricted access following todays ruling!!!)

just because someone was prepared to pay €65m for something 2 or 3 years ago does not necessarily make it good value at €10/€15m today ... ask anyone who bought BoI shares at €18.65 and is looking at their share value today!!! by your logic regardless of their market value people should be snapping them up at anything up to €4.30 - ask Sean Quinn how gambles like that are going these days....

The fact of the matter is the type of people who were prepared to pay massive sums of money for land and "sit on it" untill they saw a return are the very people who the banks could send to the wall if they asked for their money right now, the banks won't do it though as they know the property bubble has burst and they will be left with vast chunks of worthless land for years to come.

Plenty of people indeed...
    Last edited by galwayhoop; 07/11/2008 at 4:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Let's say that selling Pat McCourt possibly saved the club. Massive enough for you?

And I disagree that E30k is a "relatively minor sum" in Irish football. It's 5% or so of our budget we're missing, for a start.
    €30k is not a "massive" sum of money in Irish football. Your acknowledgement that it is only 5% - not a "massive" percentage - of the budget for the club in the premier league with the smallest revenues shows that it isn't a "massive" sum.

Sales of 180 of City's 'Dream Draw' tickets would cover the €30k you keep harping on about. And we've got individual sellers who've sold more than that many draw tickets single-handedly.

The fact that you think €30k it is such a "massive" sum in Irish football says more about UCD than it does about the game here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    If that did happen, not that it would have lets be honest, the money would dry up in 2-3 years, there is no way that they could have recouped anything like what they would be spending, €200k for winning the league and neglible tv money.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

If anyone thinks this is good for the league, then you are as misguided as the people who put Bohemian FC in this position.
    Some of your fellow bohs supporters have been on here gloating (not yourself it must be said)about how much better ye are compared to all the other teams in the league.

Ye used this prospective money to raid many clubs players with contracts that the clubs could not match. For example in the case of sligo rovers ye were happy to seduct burns singh mansaram turner connor murphy with the lucrative contracts on offer.

And then you find it strange when other clubs supporters dont share in your grief.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast