Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 213

Thread: Bohs Court Case

  1. #61
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    The last 3 champions Shels, Drogs and now Bohs have gone (will go) to the wall.
    Shels didnt go to the wall, despite the wishes of a lot of posters from clubs around the country who have suffered their own financial problems this year!!!!!!!

    Bottom line Shels are still here and hopefully back in the Premier next season

  2. #62
    First Team Partizan's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    RSC
    Posts
    1,058
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    61
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    If the FAI dont have the cash, where does that leave Bohs?

    1) extinction
    2) obscurity in the 1st Division

  3. #63
    First Team jinxy lilywhite's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Inniskeen
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    357
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Picture this all the chairmen of Loi at a function. One says to the Other "You'll be next"

    Fvckin joke of clubs. Nobody in the top tier can manage finances (Exceptions Pats (though being bankrolled) Shamrock Rovers and UCD).

    If this is what clubs need to be brought back down to earth then so be it. Forget these European Pipe dreams folly that we can get a team in the group stages on the Champions league or UEFA cup.

    No wonder the league is the laughing stock of Irish sport
    Long Live King Kenny

  4. #64
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Actually Shels will more likely be in the A Championship than the premier league next season.....

    Watch this space

  5. #65
    Now with extra sauce! Dodge's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Insomnia
    Posts
    23,528
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    663
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,675
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    Fvckin joke of clubs. Nobody in the top tier can manage finances (Exceptions Pats (though being bankrolled) Shamrock Rovers and UCD).
    Would this be the same Rovers that asked their members to pay 2-5 years membership fees upfront last year?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

  6. #66
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,343
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    643
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,460
    Thanked in
    972 Posts
    You seem to be very confident of this randomcomment, care to elaborate a bit?.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  7. #67
    First Team
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,535
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by randomcomment View Post
    Actually Shels will more likely be in the A Championship than the premier league next season.....

    Watch this space
    Rubbish!!
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

  8. #68
    First Team hoops1's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,188
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    119
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Would this be the same Rovers that asked their members to pay 2-5 years membership fees upfront last year?
    No matter what spin you want to put on things. We are the best finacially run club in the league

  9. #69
    Now with extra sauce! Dodge's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Insomnia
    Posts
    23,528
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    663
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,675
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    No matter what spin you want to put on things. We are the best finacially run club in the league
    LOL. Of course you are
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

  10. #70
    First Team jinxy lilywhite's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Inniskeen
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    357
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Would this be the same Rovers that asked their members to pay 2-5 years membership fees upfront last year?
    They've stayed off the radar this season dodge.


    Back to Bohs.
    What are the implications for them?
    Would it be highly unlikely that they can continue?
    If carroll gets his legals cost awarded to bohs and bohs will have to repay the money he leant? No judge would approve that to have a chance of survival should they want to go into examinership? would they
    Long Live King Kenny

  11. #71
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,398
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,370
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,678
    Thanked in
    1,669 Posts
    Tehy can't go into examinership because they have the assets to repay all debts. It just means selling Dalymount. Which is what they may well have to do. And so just as Rovers get a new ground, Bohs start off on the homeless route.

  12. #72
    First Team RonnieB's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The mountains
    Posts
    1,566
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    42
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    65
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    They can share with Rovers, it would be like the perfect odd couple. One could make a show about it.
    Roddy Collins, the biggest <insert as appropiate> in Irish Football.

  13. #73
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,343
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    643
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,460
    Thanked in
    972 Posts
    You'd have to have Danny Dyer presenting that one.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  14. #74
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,661
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    97
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    Picture this all the chairmen of Loi at a function. One says to the Other "You'll be next"

    Fvckin joke of clubs. Nobody in the top tier can manage finances (Exceptions Pats (though being bankrolled) Shamrock Rovers and UCD).

    If this is what clubs need to be brought back down to earth then so be it. Forget these European Pipe dreams folly that we can get a team in the group stages on the Champions league or UEFA cup.

    No wonder the league is the laughing stock of Irish sport
    You're right, once we revert to this lost Utopia of crap part-time teams playing to empty stadia and getting hockeyed in Europe every year I'm sure the league will cease to be a laughing stock. What the sporting public really want are neat balance sheets.

    Bohs are ****ed in the short-term, the incompetence of their officers is beyond comprehension. They'll end up selling Dalymount for ~25m (possibly to Carroll himself, in return for writing off the loans.) It's how far they make that go that counts.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

  15. #75
    Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the gutter, but looking at the stars
    Posts
    10,993
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,574
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,067
    Thanked in
    1,395 Posts
    Should be enough for another couple of titles anyway.

  16. #76
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,343
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    643
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,460
    Thanked in
    972 Posts
    How much would Dalymount be worth without the shopping centre end and the access it provides is the question.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  17. #77
    Seasoned Pro OneRedArmy's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    London-Derry-Dublin
    Posts
    4,893
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    141
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    You're right, once we revert to this lost Utopia of crap part-time teams playing to empty stadia and getting hockeyed in Europe every year I'm sure the league will cease to be a laughing stock. What the sporting public really want are neat balance sheets.

    Bohs are ****ed in the short-term, the incompetence of their officers is beyond comprehension. They'll end up selling Dalymount for ~€25m (possibly to Carroll himself, in return for writing off the loans.) It's how far they make that go that counts.
    Sheridan the only thing I'd disagree with is the €25m valuation.

    Landbank for development is probably worth maximum 40% of what it was worth at the height of the boom (original Carroll deal was €65m iirc so you're not far off), BUT even thats completely hypothetical as no bank will lend a cent for a property development in the near future. So unless someone ponies up the cash themselves, Dalymount is worthless in the short-term.

    Edit: I'd forgotten, As Longfordian said, the lack of access to the site. Makes it even more worthless.
    Last edited by OneRedArmy; 07/11/2008 at 2:59 PM.

  18. #78
    First Team Partizan's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    RSC
    Posts
    1,058
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    61
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    You're right, once we revert to this lost Utopia of crap part-time teams playing to empty stadia and getting hockeyed in Europe every year I'm sure the league will cease to be a laughing stock. What the sporting public really want are neat balance sheets.

    Bohs are ****ed in the short-term, the incompetence of their officers is beyond comprehension. They'll end up selling Dalymount for ~25m (possibly to Carroll himself, in return for writing off the loans.) It's how far they make that go that counts.
    Move in to a redeveloped Tolka with Shels??? Will the FAI bail them out again this time.

  19. #79
    First Team Partizan's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Location
    RSC
    Posts
    1,058
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    61
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Sheridan the only thing I'd disagree with is the 25m valuation.

    Landbank for development is probably worth maximum 40% of what it was worth at the height of the boom (original Carroll deal was 65m iirc so you're not far off), BUT even thats completely hypothetical as no bank will lend a cent for a property development in the near future. So unless someone ponies up the cash themselves, Dalymount is worthless in the short-term.
    If as you say ORA that is the case, where does that leave Bohs?

    up a certain creek paddle less

  20. #80
    Now with extra sauce! Dodge's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Insomnia
    Posts
    23,528
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    663
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,675
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Tolka's already gone...

    Into an already FAI owned AUL complex in clonshaugh? maybe, but as above the FAI need every penny they can get to pay for Lansdowne.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Frank Dunlop Court Case
    By pete in forum Current Affairs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26/05/2009, 10:59 PM
  2. Drogs' Court Case
    By Black and White in forum Drogheda United
    Replies: 251
    Last Post: 08/02/2009, 7:56 AM
  3. Ollie Byrne Court Case
    By pete in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09/11/2006, 9:34 PM
  4. yet another court case
    By mouldymurphy in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06/03/2002, 2:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •