Page 1 of 117 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Transfer Rumours

I know the seasons not finished yet but who will be staying or going at your club for next year and where will they be going to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    I would expect most if not all of our Galway based players to be playing with there local team next season if they are returning to part time football

Looks like there wont be a lot of money round any club next season so players will be looking to play closer to home

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I expect Dundalk will sign 2 or 3 of our best players for another failed promotion push next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    The fact we have signed a local 'keeper (Gerard Hanley), are likely to go part-time next year and all bar Gary Rogers and Jay O'Shea are out of contract at the end of this season more than likely means that Alvin Rouse won't be at Terryland next season
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Anybody want some players?

Our 2 goalkeepers are to leave at the end of the season, Gallagher through injury is retiring early.
    Minnock is considering calling it a day, he's one of a minority at the club I hope stays.
    Holmes is constantly linked with Derry and I wouldn't be surprised to see him cross the border.
    Malcom could be on his way back to Scotland.
    Labonte is looking like hanging up the boots early too, constant knee problems have plagued him for a while now.
    Boyle is retiring to work on his duties with the FAI.
    McCafferty will more than likely go to who-ever offers the most money (to him)
    Tyrell will hopefully return to Rovers after his loan spell.
    Byrne is still undecided, if he can get fit and play the majority of a season I would keep him on a pay per play basis, otherwise another for the door.
    PLEASE GOD somebody take Beckett the sicknote loving leech, ill drive him where ever just please take him.
    Word is that Parkhouse is heading back to Irish League.

So overall a massive change in our squad next season. Not all of the above are confirmed but its very likely.
    If we are to be relegated (Jaysus I must have forgotten my pills today, I meant to say when we are....) we will be fielding a fairly young side imo, based mainly with young Donegal lads from our reserves this season.

Again, I must repeat, anybody at all willing to take Beckett? My offer still stands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Could be all change at Pats too. A lot depends on whether the manager stays or goes obviously.

Anyway we've apparently lined up Zayed and Robinson to come in. Heading to England are probably Fahey, and possibly Dempsey. O'Neill's off to Bohs

A fair amount out of contract too. I'd expect Lance Friesz to be No 1 keeper next season
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    We've only one player, Andy Bermingham, under contract for next year so I'd imagine we'll be seeing a few changes. We had one other player on a contract but he's broken his contract by playing GAA without permission. To give you a clue he was photographed in yesterday's Independent playing for Celbridge. Up to that point he'd been denying he was playing GAA as well. He's not much addition anyway so good luck to him. Our more expensive players won't be offered the same money anyway I wouldn't think. Ronan Frawley is apparently heading to Galway. Haven't heard any other rumours yet.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I'd expect Lance Friesz to be No 1 keeper next season
    You can't just leave that hanging there! Where's Bazza maybe or maybe not going?!

Expect a bit of a clear out at UCD over the winter. Been told Pete Mahon's 90% certain to be around next year, but there'll always be rumours (Pat's being the strongest at present), so I'll believe it when I see it. There's a bit of a budget cut to be had too. Ronan Finn and Matt Gregg are the only two under contract, AFAIK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Other than the well worn, Keegan, Byrne and O'Neill in and Joxer out rumours, I've heard very little.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Stuey Byrne and Gary O'Neill to Bohs are certainties, Keegan 90%. Bohs considering a number of centre-halves for next season, Gavin Peers being the most likely. Some talk of a move for Bray's full-back Pender.

Pat's will finally get their hands on Zayed. A couple of clubs who should know better are thinking of repatriating Trevor Molloy from the IL, possibly on loan.

Surprisingly quiet at the moment. A buyers' market this close season so clubs are taking their time to size up their budgetary situations.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    I believe our plans are to go full time next year so that will require a massive increase in budget we intent signing as many top players as possible and offer them as much as is needed to get them. then next sept we plan in having a major cutback in our spending as we will be broke so we will launch a massive fund raising campaign to save the club along with letting our most expensive players go finally we plan to go into examinership in oct ....what ,its worked in the past
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    I believe our plans are to go full time next year so that will require a massive increase in budget we intent signing as many top players as possible and offer them as much as is needed to get them. then next sept we plan in having a major cutback in our spending as we will be broke so we will launch a massive fund raising campaign to save the club along with letting our most expensive players go finally we plan to go into examinership in oct ....what ,its worked in the past
    Get your own business plan, stop copying ours
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Andy Bermingham, under contract for next year
    good to hear, quality player.

We had one other player on a contract but he's broken his contract by playing GAA without permission. To give you a clue he was photographed in yesterday's Independent playing for Celbridge. Up to that point he'd been denying he was playing GAA as well. He's not much addition anyway so good luck to him.
    PM please?! cant think of who it might be..

Ronan Frawley is apparently heading to Galway. Haven't heard any other rumours yet.
    there is a god! our worst player imo, and thats saying alot when you consider some of the ****e we've got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    ok so we have not thought it through but thats the beauy of it it allows you to say you did not see it coming.

oh and as for stealing it finn i beg to differ nobody owns the rights to this plan as it was issued by the fai to all premier div clubs last year
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Graham Garland on trial with Helsingborgs for the past week. Interest also from Ipswich and Dundee United.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Graham Garland on trial with Helsingborgs for the past week. Interest also from Ipswich and Dundee United.
    I had heard from a fairly good source that he was looking to move to Scotland. Considering about 80 players have played for the Youths first team in the last 2 seasons I'm sure we'll have plenty of new faces, I hear rumour there's a pregnant woman somewhere in South Wexford who's due a week before the start of the season, Wallace has heard good things about the family so he's hoping to make him the youngest player in league of Ireland history at approximately 7 days old.

I really thing we'll see at least one or two players offered deals by other clubs, the first real tests of Wallace's amateur ethos.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Will he be playing on Friday? Not that it makes a difference with our front line....
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I had heard from a fairly good source that he was looking to move to Scotland.
    He'd be friendly with Sean Dillon who plays with Dundee United. He could end up over there.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    . I really thing we'll see at least one or two players offered deals by other clubs, the first real tests of Wallace's amateur ethos.
    And you know he won't back down. He stated yesterday that the under 18 All Irelands remain paramount in the club ethos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Frawley back to Galway????? You must be nuts. He'll not get into the squad, let Athlone have him
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Page 1 of 117 1231151101 ... LastLast