Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1717

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I rented a movie called "Surveillance" starring Bill Pullman and Julia Ormond, I got suckered in by some of the blurbs on the dvd cover, and didn't bother to check Metacritic. This movie has to go on my top ten worst list, it was plain awful, convoluted, hammy acting, just terrible, not even any redeeming gratuitous nudity. Directed, and partly written by Jennifer Lynch, daughter of David Lynch, who hasn't inherited any of his talent.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts
    "Limitless",Flavour of the month Bradley Cooper plays a bit of a bum in New York whom takes a drug that enables him to use 100% of his brain,this suddenly changes his appearance and his investment prowess with dramatic effect.Things don't go straightforward though as complications set in,Robert De Niro phones in his performance yet again but the film is nevertheless entertaining.8/10

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Watched a few recently thanks to road trips - Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I feared for what it would be like, though it was misplaced. Very good, interesting and the next part is bound to be something major. If you want something to just switch your mind off to, this is it. Forget the subtext and artsy fartsy stuff, this is just good fun! 7/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Mesrine: L'instinct de mort

The story of french gangster Jacques Mesrine, before he was called Public Enemy N°1.
    Superb movie. Cant wait to catch the second one... 8/10

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Watched City Island http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1174730/. About a prison officer(Andy Garcia) who meet his long lost son at the end of a prison sentance and take him in. Nothing special but a enjoyable film
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Watched a few recently thanks to road trips - Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I feared for what it would be like, though it was misplaced. Very good, interesting and the next part is bound to be something major. If you want something to just switch your mind off to, this is it. Forget the subtext and artsy fartsy stuff, this is just good fun! 7/10
    Saw it last night. Not quite sure what to make of it. Seemed to be really slow moving for ages and then tried to cram a lot in towards the end.

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Going to see the Inbetweeners later, I really, really hope it's not a massive let down. I shall report back in the morrow.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Going to see the Inbetweeners later, I really, really hope it's not a massive let down. I shall report back in the morrow.
    heard (read on facebook) great things from a couple of pals back home.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    First time in a long time I've cried with laughter in the cinema. Ok not all the gags work but that's always going to be an issue transferring from the TV to the big screen. There's some absolutely inspired scenes that you'd have to be dead inside not to find funny. The characters have always been the key to the Inbetweeners success for me and it's the same with the film, I think everyone can identify characteristics of themselves or their friends or acquaintances in the 4 lads and they hold true. I reckon everyone's bumped into a "Richard" at some point too. If you didn't like the TV series steer well clear, if you did then make sure you get out and see this.
    8.5/10

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Mesrine: L'instinct de mort

Superb movie. Cant wait to catch the second one... 8/10
    Both films are excellent. I have to say, I love foreign film. La Haine was excellent, as was A prophet.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Both films are excellent. I have to say, I love foreign film. La Haine was excellent, as was A prophet.
    Technically all films not made in Ireland are foreign films but I know what you mean. Hollywood films are often to glossed over and for the vast majority of them they always have to write a love interest into the film even if there was none in any original book, play etc
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Technically all films not made in Ireland are foreign films but I know what you mean. Hollywood films are often to glossed over and for the vast majority of them they always have to write a love interest into the film even if there was none in any original book, play etc
    But surely there is as much rubbish made in France, Spain, Germany, Australia and so on as there is in Hollywood. We are just more exposed to what comes out of the states than we are with what is produced on elsewhere?
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Meant to say foreign language film.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    The Change-Up, two friends switch bodies, one is married in a hum drum life, the other kind of just getting along. I'd hoped it was going to be at least a little funny, but I think I laughed twice and even then it was forced. I'd not read a whole lot about it before watching, but expected something from Jason Bateman who seems to be in vogue again. Ryan Reynolds I like (Best Friend was very, very good with 2 hot female leads), but he was dull in this. Kind of a case of, nothing to see here with everything turning out as predicted the whole way through. I think they just didn't know what kind of movie they wanted. 1/10

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts
    "Source Code",Jake Gylenhall goes repeatedly back in time to a train wreck to try and solve what happened,entertaining 7/10

"Push",Futuristic story with Dakota Fanning that I couldn't make head nor tail out of and was a hopeless waste of time and money 2/10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Saw the Inbetweeners movie there the other day, absolutely cracking show. Great TV series, was cautious about the movie, but it did live up to expectations. One of the best of the year 9/10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Last film I seen in the cinema was The Inbetweeners Movie, good show if you like the TV series. Will's "dance moves" are hilarious. I watched Bad Lieutenant last night, gritty film from 1992; Harvey Keitel is absolutely class in it - one of the best performances I have ever seen in any movie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Just watched "hanna", the child assassin film with Saoirse Ronan. Not sure what to make of it. The music is excellent though, by The Chemical Brothers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Watched a film last night called Tokyo Sonata, a great little Japanese character study about a father who loses his job and the effect it has on his family. Very relevant theme in today's society. It's great to get away from run of the mill Hollywood films and watch some films of a different culture where the emphasis is more often than not on the characters rather than the effects.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Saw a couple of movies this weekend - thanks to having no money and poor weather.

The Guard - I don't know why there were some scathing reviews of it in the Irish media, I really enjoyed it. It was a bit ott at times, but the pace was good, it was original, had some nice twists and there was solid acting from most of the cast. I can see why it's done so well abroad as it just keeps itself on the sane side of funny. Also the luvvie brigade at home won't go for it as it's one for the Omniplex of a Sunday night when you need something to forget about a new week starting. 7/10

The Devils Double - Now this got good reviews, was praised as being gritty and solid, with good acting. I began to switch off my brain half way through as it was almost a 1940's propaganda film. I'm looking forward to the one about Gaddafi where he's running around London with rocket launchers trying to take down Aer Arann planes. The whole movie went nowhere and was a real let down. 2/10 (I'll be generous as there were some nice scenes from Malta and for a nice scene about what happened to sports people who failed - if only we could institute something in Ireland for underperforming sportstars).

Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast