Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1717

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Watched "Iron man 2", found it very underwhelming, too much bickering and shouting between Downey's and Paltrow's characters. Scarlett Johannson looked great, but not really that convincing, and her character wasn't really necessary. Too much star-power in the movie,Imho. Pretty self-indulgent for Jon Favreau to both direct and put himself in the film. Samuel L. Jackson saturation continues, he dosesn't have to take every role offered to him, apparently Nick Furey is black now.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Watched Bruno the other day. TBH dont really know what to think about it, had some awful stuff in it (the dildos-urgh!!) but the scene near the end when they were in the cage together was hilarious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Paranormal Activity - Good show, not as scary as I thought it would be, also felt it was very short.

Anyone see the second one? Is it worth going to see?
    I haven't, but the consensus among critics seems to be that it's about as good as the first one; a little better made, but not much new over the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by SaucyJack View Post
    ...Pretty self-indulgent for Jon Favreau to both direct and put himself in the film.
    People have done it in the past, and with far bigger roles. Favreau had a short cameo in the first one, and little enough screen time in the second.

Samuel L. Jackson saturation continues, he dosesn't have to take every role offered to him, apparently Nick Furey is black now.
    Actually, that's a big in-joke. The writer of one of the big comic arcs asked Jackson a good few years back if he could use his image for Furey. Jackson was amused, and agreed. So the Furey of the comics has looked exactly like Samuel L. Jackson for quite some time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaucyJack View Post
    Watched "Iron man 2", found it very underwhelming, too much bickering and shouting between Downey's and Paltrow's characters. Scarlett Johannson looked great, but not really that convincing, and her character wasn't really necessary. Too much star-power in the movie,Imho. Pretty self-indulgent for Jon Favreau to both direct and put himself in the film. Samuel L. Jackson saturation continues, he dosesn't have to take every role offered to him, apparently Nick Furey is black now.
    in the Marvel Ultimate line, Fury is based on Jackson, in one issue he even says only Samuel L Jackson could play him in a movie!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Finally saw Kick Ass on DVD. Very good!
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Samuel L. Jackson saturation continues, he dosesn't have to take every role offered to him, apparently Nick Furey is black now.
    Yeah alot of these Marvel Movies so far have alot of the Ultimates comicline tied into them just wait till you see Thor and Captain America next summer, Samuel L Jackson does a good job in this movie much better than the made for Tv movie about Nick Fury the white Nick Fury which starred David Hasslehoff i liked Iron Man 2 my only thing about it though was the fight at the end was over all too easy

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    [QUOTE=John83;1417498]I haven't, but the consensus among critics seems to be that it's about as good as the first one; a little better made, but not much new over the last one.

People have done it in the past, and with far bigger roles. Favreau had a short cameo in the first one, and little enough screen time in the second.

Actually, that's a big in-joke. The writer of one of the big comic arcs asked Jackson a good few years back if he could use his image for Furey. Jackson was amused, and agreed. So the Furey of the comics has looked exactly like Samuel L. Jackson for quite some time![/QUOT

I guess I'm out of touch, I used to collect alot of Marvel titles including Iron Man but haven't bought anything in about 20 years, guess I'll google "Marvel ultimate line" and catch up, but I'm still pretty tired of Jackson.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Just watched Mulholland drive. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Just watched Mulholland drive. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
    never has sexy felt so wrong.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Bad Lieutenant: Port Of New Orleans is quite good, though the second half is an occasionally hilarious, always entertaining mess. Nick Cage gives one of his 'so intense it hurts' performances. Carries it off though. Worth a look though don't expect anything straightforward and don't bother if you hate Cage or Herzog.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Saw about 20 minutes of Greenberg ... 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back again!!!!
    Assumed it was a comedy as Ben Stiller was in it ... I was gravely mistaken!

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Paranormal Activity - Good show, not as scary as I thought it would be, also felt it was very short.

Anyone see the second one? Is it worth going to see?
    I saw it...Rubbish.
    Not a patch on the first which i really enjoyed.
    Does nothing new and doesn't give the same sense of dread that the first one did.
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Saw about 20 minutes of Greenberg ... 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back again!!!!
    Assumed it was a comedy as Ben Stiller was in it ... I was gravely mistaken!
    It was the secret film at the Dublin Film Festival this year, which I paid for. There was a film crew at the door asking people what they thought it would be. the vast majority were expecting Kick-Ass, or possibly Scott Pilgrim as it had just started appearing in festivals in the States, instead we got this dreck. It's "that" indie film that tries desperately to be every other indie film you've ever seen, without ever really getting why people enjoyed them. Genuinely thought that the writer watched about 15-20 independent movies back to back and set out to write his own version of every one of them. 2 hours of my life that Ben Stiller owes me.

Needless to say, I will not be paying for the secret film at next year's festival.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 02/11/2010 at 11:04 AM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Chanced upon a TV screening of "The Pursuit of Happiness" starring Will Smith and his young fella.

Pleasantly surprised.

A good performance by Smith - I genuinely hoped the character would win some respite over all of that adversity.

The on-screen bond between father and son was engaging and believeable (for obvious reasons!).
    Saw that as well Wolfie. It was downright frustrating the way the guy just couldn't catch a break at all. I'm not a fan of Will Smith but it was well played. The story kind of pimped the lie of the 'American dream' a bit though I thought. These characters are held up as proof that the rewards are there for those who struggle to overcome their adversity but for many, many similar characters who try as hard the story still ends in the gutter.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    I said it before, I'll say it again, watching that film made me confused and aroused pretty much at the same time. Great picture.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Been on a bit of a film frenzy recently. Watched Centurion last night, enjoyable enough at 2 am, could have been developed a little more perhaps. fight scenes are quite vivid!
    Saw We Don't Live Here Anymore last week, not great, but Mark Ruffalo was quite good in it.
    Watched Brooklyn's Finest. So disappointing.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    last fortnight i have watched:

Get him to the Greek - really funny. Puff Daddy was fcking excellent. Jeffrey.
    Cemetary Junction - Gervais/Merchant production. A bit predictable but generally alright. Gervais really is a bit too hollywood for my tastes when it comes to happy endings.
    The Crazies - very enjoyable. I like Natalie Imbruglia but i'd Radha Mitchell. Timothy Olyphant has become one of my favourite actors.
    The Girl Who Played with Fire - decent adaptation but ultimately disappointing.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Saw 'Due Date' over the weekend. I wasn't expecting much based on the reviews but it's really good. It tries a bit too much to be like 'Planes, Trains...' and 'Midnight Run' but that Zach (whatever his name is) from 'The Hangover' is one funny f*cker!

Also saw 'The Killer Inside Me', last week. Not for the faint hearted but great flick. Casey Affleck is quickly becoming the best thing on the silver screen since De Niro, in my opinion.

And 'Ghost Writer' with Ewen MacGregor; poor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    And 'Ghost Writer' with Ewen MacGregor; poor.
    Terrible, terrible film. Must be 10-15 minutes of footage in it with the description "Ewan McGregor travelling".
    Worst English accents I've ever heard (including Liverpool native Kim Cattrall), only Olivia Williams emerges with any credibility

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Saw Green zone and The Social Network over the wkd.

Green zone is a fairly standard army iraq flick. Kinda a bourne identity in iraq. Interesting that the film got a significant amount of bad press in the US, considering it draws on the WMD debate (or lack thereof).

The Social Network, interesting story and def worth a look. Best way to summarise is that it was 2 hours long and I didnt notice the time. Havent bothered to look it yet how close to the truth it actually is.

Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast