Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1717

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Watched 'Kingdom of Heaven' on TV during the week, and confirmed my initial opinion from a few years ago that it, and Orlando Bloom, are lightweight nonsense.
    I've seen neither, but I hear the director's cut is much, much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    was the the cinema version, or the directors cut, i tried watchin it when it first came out on dvd, selling points being neeson and gleeson, but half an hour in i turned it off, directors cut it suppose to hold the story together much better,
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Saw Inception tonight, dozed off twice, as did everyone I spoke with afterwards (or at least once in some cases). Very disappointed and the plot was clear from the beginning with too many special effects trying to cover up the holes in the storyline. I've grown to be a Di Caprio fan (though it was only a wobble for The Man in the Iron Mask) and he is maturing, but this was beneath him. Very poor script and far too long, 90minutes would have done it justice. A couple of decent laughs but overall I've yet to meet a single person who though it was above mediocre fare. 2/5.i Maybe I shouldn't have read the feedback on here - damn you all to hell!

Incidentally, watched Mean Machine (english) and The Longest Yard (Sandler) in the last couple of days, lovely to turn your brain off to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Gotta love ROBOCOP, just finished watching it for the first time in years. 10/10

Use to have the action figure made of steal and the black Ford cop car to go with.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Because I did my MA on the period in question (Kingdom of Heaven) and the background to it is fascinating, so I kind of enjoyed it a little more than I should have (the whole love link was a joke, the portrayal of Reynald a bit ott and even Saladin was a bit off - especially the bit where he uprights the cross at the end, which would never have happened). The one thing that wasn't played out was the fact that Guy de Lusignan (whose family were favourites and related to the Angevin's) recruited heavily from Ireland and his personal bodyguard consisted of at least 20 Irish hobelari, who strangely remained in Jerusalem when the army was masacred at Hattin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Saw Inception tonight, dozed off twice, as did everyone I spoke with afterwards (or at least once in some cases). Very disappointed and the plot was clear from the beginning with too many special effects trying to cover up the holes in the storyline. I've grown to be a Di Caprio fan (though it was only a wobble for The Man in the Iron Mask) and he is maturing, but this was beneath him. Very poor script and far too long, 90minutes would have done it justice. A couple of decent laughs but overall I've yet to meet a single person who though it was above mediocre fare. 2/5.i Maybe I shouldn't have read the feedback on here - damn you all to hell!

Incidentally, watched Mean Machine (english) and The Longest Yard (Sandler) in the last couple of days, lovely to turn your brain off to.
    The fact you dozed off twice makes me think either A. you didn't get it or B. your 12 years old??
    Movie of the year by a mile...

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Inception is one of the greatest movies ever made, absolutely blew me away.Nolan is a genius
    Its really not that complicated!!!

8. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkLife View Post
    The fact you dozed off twice makes me think either A. you didn't get it or B. your 12 years old??
    Movie of the year by a mile...
    Fortunately neither, nor reduced to childishness and such comments. As a movie it leaned too heavily on flashy effects and could have been completed in an hour and a half, easily. I love movies and I like most of the actors involved in thi effort, though from my and all but 2 of the people I spoke with since it was mediocre. Again, it's subjective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fair enough...did you not think the effects were needed to convey the dream sequences correctly??
    I thought all the actors gave top notch performances..especially DiCaprio, Gordon Levitt and Tom Hardy(especially Tom Hardy).
    I can't see how you could have done it in 90 mins either... you need time to develop all the characters, and to let people get the ideas that are being conveyed. I think it was the fastest 2 and a half hours I've spent in a cinema in a long time.
    also...what was your understanding of the ending?? Blank it out so you don't spoil it for others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Inception - quality. Looking forward to the blu ray version
    The Road - awful. Slow, boring and Omar only gets a 2 minute cameo.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Saw The A-Team a couple of days ago. Does what it says on the tin, pure entertainment, good special effects, good acting and some very funny moments. Liam Neeson surprised me as I thought it was awful casting, the accent is edgy at times, but he pulled the role off. For anyone who grew up watching the show, wondering how planes, choppers and cars could crash, explode and yet everyone walk away from them, this doesn't disappoint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    I thought Neeson was decent as Hannibal tbh. I thought your man who done Murdock was excellent, really enjoyable film.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I thought Neeson was decent as Hannibal tbh. I thought your man who done Murdock was excellent, really enjoyable film.
    yeah, hell be to go to guy for crazy people in the future, he was class in district 9 to, stole both shows,

rewatched Gladiator for the first time in about 7 or 8 years, i didnt think it was anything special before, now i think its probably one of the best films ive ever seen, 11/10
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkLife View Post
    Fair enough...did you not think the effects were needed to convey the dream sequences correctly??
    I thought all the actors gave top notch performances..especially DiCaprio, Gordon Levitt and Tom Hardy(especially Tom Hardy).
    I can't see how you could have done it in 90 mins either... you need time to develop all the characters, and to let people get the ideas that are being conveyed. I think it was the fastest 2 and a half hours I've spent in a cinema in a long time.
    also...what was your understanding of the ending?? Blank it out so you don't spoil it for others.
    DON'T READ TIL YOU'VE SEEN IT!!!

Going by the ending, it's hard to see how di Caprio's character escaped limbo, so my take is that the movie itself is a dream and that his wife never died. Sounds like a bit of a cop-out, but it makes the most sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Taking the kids to see Toy Story 3D and leaving them at the cinema to watch The A-team while I shop. Cant wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    and leaving them at the cinema to watch The A-team while I shop. Cant wait.
    If you have a problem...if no one else can mind your kids while you shop...and if you can find them...maybe you can hire...The A- Team.

Good evening!

18. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Watched Brooklyns Finest this evening, had so much more potential with a really good cast but it was pretty flat and boring. Not a crap film by any means but could have been much much better
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Nice one Juan!

Toy story was great, laughed and cried during it but wouldn't recommend it for under 5s coz its a wee bit scary in parts and there is eh um moderate violence. Loved it but shouldn't have bothered with 3d as it did little to enhance it.

My boys, my bro and my sis loved the A-Team too and I got loads of shopping done so a successful day all round.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Toy Story 3, an emotional rollercoaster eh Magicme?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    My boys, my bro and my sis loved the A-Team too and I got loads of shopping done so a successful day all round.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Good evening!

23. Thanks From:

Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast