Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rented "I'm not there" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368794/) turned it of after about 80 mins. All I can say about it is :
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The last film I saw was Valkyrie with Tom Cruise. I didn't expect much going in and well just got want I wanted. It was an entertaining film which got quite exciting towards de end. Tom Cruise never felt like he was a novelty. A lot of good actors in it and de actor who played Hitler was quite good in de few scenes he was in although Bryan Singer used a good few close ups, it never felt overstated he was this evil man.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Seven Pounds very good

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Ok here we go..............

good movies ............
    From Hell - an interesting movie about Jack the Ripper with J Depp in it. Has an interesting take on the story and if you like conspiracies then you will love thismovie. A bit gory but then the story is too. Well acted and worth a try.

The Scarecrow - an oldie with Al Pacino and Gene Hackman. Bascially two guy thumbing for a lift meet up and go on a long journey across America. Good movie, and Hackman is absolutely brilliant in this - man what an actor!
    But a bit similar to Midnight Cowboy and not half as good.

Son Of Mask - surprisingly quite good!

Le The Au Harem D'Archimede French coming of age movie about two young men growing up on a housing estate in Paris - No job, no education, no prospects and a life of petty crime. Made in the early 80s this is like a prequeal to Le Haine, and is well acted.

Once Upon A Time In the West- classic Sergio Leone movie. Good music, good story, good acting. Charlie Bronson has only about 10 sentences to utter in the whole movie, palys his harmoica and is good at looking cool. Lots of baddies - Honda is one - revenge, loose women, horses, shoot outs - the usual stuff that makes westerns so cool

Bad movies.

Once upon a time in Mexico awful silly start - so turned it off. Looked like Depp was in it

Lords of Dogtown - Heath Ledger gives a good performance, and so do most ofthe cast - but the director kind of messes it all up IMHO. He kind of gets you to hate most of the leading characters from the off and im sure that wasnt really meant to be. I really coulnt be bothered if they succeded or not.
    Its about skateboarding in calif in the 70s/80s.

Get rich or die tryin - Usual rags to riches story in the hood. Guys trys to get out of hood and become a rapper. Not a bad movie but not as good as Eminens effort. Fifty Cents is the lead character, and plays it very well, very impressive.

Carlitos Rise To Power Prequeal to Carlitos Way. Not very good, and P Diddy is in it. Butunlike 50 Cents who knows what to do, he cant act - which isnt a surprise since he aint from the streets anyway, middle class rich boy.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Cloverfield - avoid like the fcuking plague,
    jerky camera which became annoying after 5 mins,
    annoying characters who you hoped would get killed after 5 mins,
    ****e dialogue,
    The Lion the Witch and the wardrobe had a more believeable scenario -

my only saving grace was that I fast forwarded long sections of it so it only lasted 50 mins instead of the 1 14 mins its should of - director and or producer should be arrested on sight for crimes against humanity

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post
    Cloverfield - avoid like the fcuking plague,
    jerky camera which became annoying after 5 mins,
    annoying characters who you hoped would get killed after 5 mins,
    ****e dialogue,
    The Lion the Witch and the wardrobe had a more believeable scenario -

my only saving grace was that I fast forwarded long sections of it so it only lasted 50 mins instead of the 1 14 mins its should of - director and or producer should be arrested on sight for crimes against humanity
    Fella sharing my house went to the cinema and raved about it ( well he does watch UFC ) , then bought it on DVD and put it on at home its a pile of garbage allright but i didnt have the heart to tell him had to say ah yea its ok.

Saw The curious tale of ben. Button I cant see the fuss its long at 2 1/2 hours in which very little happens. follows the same concept of forest gump or big fish but lacks the charm or imagination of those two film.

If it had been 90 mins long it would have been a lot better very hard to keep your interested in it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    Fella sharing my house went to the cinema and raved about it ( well he does watch UFC :rolleyes , then bought it on DVD and put it on at home its a pile of garbage allright but i didnt have the heart to tell him had to say ah yea its ok.
    If it had been 90 mins long it would have been a lot better very hard to keep your interested in it.
    Say no more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The Wrestler. Powerful Stuff. 9/10.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Green Street 4/10... Dodgy head guy with dodgy cockney accent. And Frodo Baggins beating people up..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Saw The Reader and thought it was decent enough. Not brilliant or the best film of the year by any stretch of the imagination and it was very slow at times but enjoyable enough and definately stayed with you after seeing it.

Going to either Revolutionary Road or Frost/Nixon tonight. Or Milk. Or Nick and Norah's Infinate Playlist. And Benjamin Button still to come next week. Damn Oscar season.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Outlander. A conveniently humanoid alien crashlands in a Viking village with an even less welcome visitor in tow. It's basically Alien vs. Predator in 8th century Norway. Good fun and good visuals even if it is totally predictable throughout.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Left Boots View Post
    The last film I saw was Valkyrie with Tom Cruise. I didn't expect much going in and well just got want I wanted. It was an entertaining film which got quite exciting towards de end. Tom Cruise never felt like he was a novelty. A lot of good actors in it and de actor who played Hitler was quite good in de few scenes he was in although Bryan Singer used a good few close ups, it never felt overstated he was this evil man.
    I'd give it 6 or 7 out of 10. Just couldn't relate to Tom Cruise being a German officer and when you know what's going to happen, it does take away from the suspense. The actor, Tom Wilkinson, who played Fromm, was also in the Full Monty and my wife kept imagining him with his clothes off (so she told me)!!
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Judging by the type of your wife's imagination, I presume she is from Sheffield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    Saw The Reader and thought it was decent enough. Not brilliant or the best film of the year by any stretch of the imagination and it was very slow at times but enjoyable enough and definately stayed with you after seeing it.

Going to either Revolutionary Road or Frost/Nixon tonight. Or Milk. Or Nick and Norah's Infinate Playlist. And Benjamin Button still to come next week. Damn Oscar season.
    Looking forward to most of them myself. Just finished reading The Reader and really enjoyed it so cant wait to see it in the cinema.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Saw Slumdog Millionaire at the weekend.

An original and intelligent movie with a talented cast. Well worth a watch.

8/10.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Finally got round to seeing "Little Miss Sunshine"
    Excellent movie, really impressive, and loved the ending. The ending kicked ass
    Love these kind of quirky down to earth kind of movies
    Brilliant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Man on Wire. 9/10

documentary about French guy who (illegally) put a high wire between the Twin Towers in the 70's and walked across 7 times!
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Curious Case of Ben Button...I really don't see what all the hype is about..nothing much happens for almost 3 hours. It's just so slow and dull, I was tempted to turn it off so many times but persevered to the end. And am still scratching my head over it.....pointless. The FX guys should win an oscar though...Brad Pit as a 4 foot old man was brilliantly done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkLife View Post
    Curious Case of Ben Button...I really don't see what all the hype is about..nothing much happens for almost 3 hours. It's just so slow and dull, I was tempted to turn it off so many times but persevered to the end. And am still scratching my head over it.....pointless. The FX guys should win an oscar though...Brad Pit as a 4 foot old man was brilliantly done.
    So i'm guessing you weren't at the movies but watched an official copy at home

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The day the world stood still.

Oh dear
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast