Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Saw slumdog millionaire earlier.
    Not quite the "feelgood movie of the decade" but still a great film, and well worth checking out
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Saw slumdog millionaire earlier.
    Not quite the "feelgood movie of the decade" but still a great film, and well worth checking out
    I really want to see that. In fact there are 3 movies I really want to go to at the moment, it being one, Australia and Ché being the other 2.

I have heard Australia is pants but I worship at the shrine of Baz so its a must. Anyone see it?

Have heard good things bout the Guvera show though.

As part of my punishment for being a parent I watched St Trinians last night and an ok movie called Codename: The Cleaner. They brought my weekend of movie viewing up to 6! Don't you just hate the flu??

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    I have heard Australia is pants but I worship at the shrine of Baz so its a must. Anyone see it?

I havent seen it but i have heard that the people that didnt like it just didnt get it so id say you ll enjoy it.

Its like speed racer some people think thats rubbish when its prob the most important leap in the film making industry for 10 years. Again people just didnt get it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Last film I saw was Russian Ark, and I'd recommend it to anyone. In fact, I'm not sure "film" is the right word for it, it's entirely sui generis and not like anything you'll have seen before. It's like wandering through someone else's dream. Of course, all anyone wanted to talk about when it came out was the technical feat of shooting a film in one continuous 90-minute take with a cast of 3,000, the philistines.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I watched Gran Torino last night. It's pretty good, though I think the talk of Oscars is a little over the top. Out in Ireland next month, I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Last film I saw was Russian Ark, and I'd recommend it to anyone. In fact, I'm not sure "film" is the right word for it, it's entirely sui generis and not like anything you'll have seen before. It's like wandering through someone else's dream. Of course, all anyone wanted to talk about when it came out was the technical feat of shooting a film in one continuous 90-minute take with a cast of 3,000, the philistines.
    amazing amazing amazing... thing. you're right, it's not a "movie" or a "film" and to describe it as you have, "wandering through someone else's dream", is very accurate! there's some thriller in production right now i believe, employing the same technical convention. can't remember the name but yea you could see more and more film-makers wanting to hop on that particular bandwagon. but back to the vibe, if you like that stuff you might like tarkovsky's movies if you haven't already seen them. leave it to the russians, eh.

p.s. saw kieslowski's Blue last night for the first time. was a tad underwhelmed. some lovely moments but his Decalogue is still top-most and not many things are gonna come close to that. also this weekend watched The Last Wave, a semi-surreal australian thriller, directed by Peter Weir (gallipoli, dead poet's society, truman show). good, not great but would recommend to those digging apocalyptic themes...
    Last edited by ken foree; 12/01/2009 at 8:33 PM. Reason: bloody-well felt like it
    zombie/thread killer..

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Rigor Mortis set in over the weekend (rotten Flu) so rented out a bunch of movies. These three I would recommend
    Secret lives of Dentists , Roger Dodger and Igby goes down. Plus watched Key Largo on cable. Classic movie starring Bogart and Lauren Bacall. Brilliant and really atmospheric.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Watched "Across 110th Street" last night. It was made in 1972 and the story is basically that mafia guys are killed along with two black hoods while they are splitting the proceeds of their "earnings". The mafia are out for revenge against those responsible and the mainly corrupt police are trying to stop them. Its highly enjoyable if vey gory. It stars Anthony Quinn and Yaphet Kotto. Heres the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g_JbXQqlLI

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Am after moving to London - for a 6 months contract (****ing irish government!) - so have no downloads or even a tv - but i do have a **** load of cheap ripped off DVds i got from china all those years ago - so am pretty much watching a movie a day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two Hands - an Australian movie, with a young looking Heath Ledger, very good - funny and good acting, its a comedy capper and I wasnt expecting much from it - but it was good

Robo Cop one and two!!!!!!!!! have never seen this before - and i have to be honest i enjoyed them - the special effects are definitely a bit outdated but its not so bad.

Lord of war - again, i wasnt expecting to enjoy this - i was thinking it might be a bit too corny - but it was actually very good, and much truer to life than expected. The Russian guy who this is based on was recently caught in thailand - and the americans used him before, during the gulf war, etc. Also it was interesting to see the Liberia story in it.

London with jason stratham in it, and has nothing actually to do with London at all, but is a love story but still i dont get what Jason Straham is doing in it. Rubbish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fifty dead men walking - Set in the late 80's in Bellfast and at one stage a Ford Focus drove past the screen. Not a good movie at all.

In Bruges - Awfully mediocre. Jokes to amuse a 10 year old.

Garden State - Really enjoyed this actually.
    I think I should the parachute, because I'm great.

In fact, I think I should get both parachutes, in case one doesn't work.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn-Ado View Post

Wow i was the oposite to this i found In Bruges to be on eof the best films id seen all last year and found Garden state to be very painfull viewing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Agreed In Bruges was the best film of 2008 for me.

Last movie I saw was Chageling, gf's choice, was ok, started well but it seemed at least half an hour too long which Eastwood seems to have a habit of doing.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    Rigor Mortis set in over the weekend (rotten Flu) so rented out a bunch of movies. These three I would recommend
    Secret lives of Dentists , Roger Dodger and Igby goes down. Plus watched Key Largo on cable. Classic movie starring Bogart and Lauren Bacall. Brilliant and really atmospheric.
    Taped it over Xmas, yeah great BW movie seen it a few times

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn-Ado View Post
    Fifty dead men walking - Set in the late 80's in Bellfast and at one stage a Ford Focus drove past the screen. Not a good movie at all.

In Bruges was the best movie I haveseen all year - dark, witty, great acting, and the idea that bruges is eternity was amusing

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Watched "Before the Devil Knows Your Dead" last night. Excellent movie. Seymour Hoffman, Ethan Hawke and Albert Finney. Hoffman and Hawke are two very dodgy characters in this one. Sidney Lumet's last movie. Best movie I have seen for awhile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Hellboy 2 = 1 hour and 50 minutes of my life I will never get back. I'm just hoping Hollywood execs are getting bored of comic movies now. Move on it has been done to death now.

Noelys guitar - good shout. Top film and a movie that has slipped under everybody's radar.

Tonight I'll be watching man on wire.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Saw Role Models last night. Pretty much what you might expect. A few funny moments, nothing to make you cry with laughter or anything just amusing. It passed an hour and a half and didn't make me want my money back, but it won't be making my all time top 10 or anything.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Watched Revolver on saturday night, awful flick. Guy Ritchie miserably trying make an American version of Snatch
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Don't mess with the Zohan

****e

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Role Models - better than your average movie of that genre. Won't be bored for 90 minutes.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast