Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterford v Dundalk - Possible Points Deduction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Waterford v Dundalk - Possible Points Deduction

After the ugly scenes at the RSC last night I've heard rumours that Waterford and Dundalk could both be hit by a points deduction for failure to control their players & staff.

Does anyone know if this is covered in the rules? I've heard Waterford could lose 3 points and Dundalk 1.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    After the ugly scenes at the RSC last night I've heard rumours that Waterford and Dundalk could both be hit by a points deduction for failure to control their players & staff.

Does anyone know if this is covered in the rules? I've heard Waterford could lose 3 points and Dundalk 1.
    Sounds like bullscrit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    I can't see how either team could be deducted any points. The Waterford physio clearly headbutted our goalkeeper in front of the main stand to kick off the whole thing. Our players went to his defence and then the stewards attacked our players. Neither set of players did much of note. From what I saw, the stewards did more to provoke the situation than anyone else, throwing punches left, right and centre.. A Dundalk fan captured the incident on video. This was shown to the Gardaí at half time and then the physio didn't reappear after the break.. A fine for Waterford's physio perhaps, but nothing more.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post

I heard that any Eircom League club found to have claimed to own the facilities of a local junior club, during the IMG process, will be docked 20 points and branded cheats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    I heard that any Eircom League club found to have claimed to own the facilities of a local junior club, during the IMG process, will be docked 20 points and branded cheats.
    But this points deduction can be appealed by way of a DVD!

Like I said I only heard rumours. Sounds like typical behaviour from LOI stewards - did they sign those lads from Longford!
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    I can't see how either team could be deducted any points. The Waterford physio clearly headbutted our goalkeeper in front of the main stand to kick off the whole thing. Our players went to his defence and then the stewards attacked our players. Neither set of players did much of note. From what I saw, the stewards did more to provoke the situation than anyone else, throwing punches left, right and centre.. A Dundalk fan captured the incident on video. This was shown to the Gardaí at half time and then the physio didn't reappear after the break.. A fine for Waterford's physio perhaps, but nothing more.
    Wrong, the harsh sending off of Willie John Kiely kicked the whole thing off. Dundalk keeper made the most of a 50/50 challenge. I was in the new stand and saw the incident clearly. WJK brushed the keeper's elbow in the challenge, cue the Dundalk keeper rolling around the ground with his hand over his face. Graham Kelly was reaching for his pocket to book WJK when Eddie Foley who was on the other side of the pitch started waving his flag calling for Kelly's attention. After Kelly went over and chatted to Foley and then went over and produced the red card for Kiely. After Kiley was sent off the keeper made an almost miraculous recovery.

This happened right on the stroke of HT. As the players were walking into the tunnel, the Dundalk keeper made a charge for Eddie jackman the Waterford physio and pushed him quite hard in the back. Jackman then headbutted the keeper and all hell broke loose. Jackman was warned by the Gardai not to appear in the 2nd half for his own safety. A cynical piece of work by the Dundalk goalie and a shocking decision by Foley cost Waterford the game and ultimatley promotion.

What rubbed salt into the wounds was the appearance of the Dundalk goalie in the 2nd half who wasnt even cautioned or booked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    Wrong, the harsh sending off of Willie John Kiely kicked the whole thing off. Dundalk keeper made the most of a 50/50 challenge. I was in the new stand and saw the incident clearly. WJK brushed the keeper's elbow in the challenge, cue the Dundalk keeper rolling around the ground with his hand over his face. Graham Kelly was reaching for his pocket to book WJK when Eddie Foley who was on the other side of the pitch started waving his flag calling for Kelly's attention. After Kelly went over and chatted to Foley and then went over and produced the red card for Kiely. After Kiley was sent off the keeper made an almost miraculous recovery.

This happened right on the stroke of HT. As the players were walking into the tunnel, the Dundalk keeper made a charge for Eddie jackman the Waterford physio and pushed him quite hard in the back. Jackman then headbutted the keeper and all hell broke loose. Jackman was warned by the Gardai not to appear in the 2nd half for his own safety. A cynical piece of work by the Dundalk goalie and a shocking decision by Foley cost Waterford the game and ultimatley promotion.

What rubbed salt into the wounds was the appearance of the Dundalk goalie in the 2nd half who wasnt even cautioned or booked.
    The Waterford player went in on Bennion with a two footed challenge. Definite red card. Whatever about the extent of the injury, there was intent there. I don't know how you could see the incident between Bennion and the physio because if you were in the new stand then your view would have been blocked by the home dug out.. Your physio headbutted Bennion first. This was captured on video and was shown to a Garda at half time. I'm sure the footage will surface sooner or later..
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Whats the odds on John Delaney and the fai deucting us say 5 points..And waterford have yet another life line..Realistically though i cant see any points been deducted this time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    The Waterford player went in on Bennion with a two footed challenge. Definite red card. Whatever about the extent of the injury, there was intent there. I don't know how you could see the incident between Bennion and the physio because if you were in the new stand then your view would have been blocked by the home dug out.. Your physio headbutted Bennion first. This was captured on video and was shown to a Garda at half time. I'm sure the footage will surface sooner or later..
    Rubbish, I witnessed the challenge on the goalie. I was sitting in line with the incident in the new stand on the side it happened and it most definitley wasnt a red card. You were over in the far side of the ground. How in name of Jehovah could you have seen it? The linesman was miles away from the incident while the ref was close up. Explain that! There was no intent on behalf of Kiely. it was 50/50 challenge and his momentum carried him over.

Fact! your keeper went for our physio. Read the match report in the Indo today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Shocking!

Waterford actually had a physio on duty last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Fact! your keeper went for our physio. Read the match report in the Indo today.
    Fact? Read the Indo? Well if it's in the Indo then it must be true

The entire incident was played out right in front of the old stand, how could you possibly have seen what happened? Bennion was tripped by one of the WU players as he was running to the tunnel, then brushed past that maniac who responded like a common thug, it's all on video, you're looking at a serious fine. Fecking right the guards instructed that scumbag not to come out for the second half, he would have been done for inciting a riot and assault.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    . A cynical piece of work by the Dundalk goalie and a shocking decision by Foley cost Waterford the game and ultimatley promotion.
    Of course it was. It was everybody's fault except Waterford United's.

I am sure your unqualified support for thuggery will be greatly appreciated in some quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Shocking!

Waterford actually had a physio on duty last night.
    Good point Lim. I think Waterford should be docked 2 points for not having a Physio for the second half.
    Last edited by SMorgan; 25/10/2008 at 1:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SMorgan View Post
    And what would the name of this junior club be?.... Have'nt a clue what your on about!!

Come on Shels
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    I was in the old stand right in front of the incident, saw it all, and also have the benefit of hearing the testimony of several of the parties involved. Bennion went for our physio first, by way of a charge into the back. This is without question. He then found out that that was one smaller, older man he should have left alone, the big bully-boy thug. Our physio didn't quite connect with him, probably for the best. Our man will be fined quite heavily I expect.
    Last edited by stann; 25/10/2008 at 1:40 PM.
    more bass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    And what would the name of this junior club be?.... Have'nt a clue what your on about!!

Come on Derry City

Oh I could indeed, but I couldn't be arsed.

But if the hat fits, wear it.
    Last edited by SMorgan; 25/10/2008 at 1:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stann View Post
    I was in the old stand right in front of the incident, saw it all, and also have the benefit of hearing the testimony of several of the parties involved. Bennion went for our physio first, by way of a shoulder charge into the back. This is without question. He then found out that that was one smaller, older man he should have left alone, the big bully-boy thug. Our physio didn't quite connect with him, probably for the best. He will be fined quite heavily I expect.

Absolutely delighted you cleared that up. You're one of many many Waterford supporters that seen exactly what happened. I think I'll wait to see what the tape of the incident shows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Latest Update : Dundalk fan Maxi seen filling a green container at a petrol station on the Dublin to Waterford road this afternoon.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts
    The only action to take place here will be an auto 2 game suspension for the offending waterford player and a moderate fine for wufc for failing to control their players.

End of story
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I'd say both clubs will be fined and that will be the end of it. I can't see the FAI deducting points over it. Post up a copy of the video so we can see it again

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    It was the physio though, Oriel, not a player.
    We were asking this last night. Though it is the case last night that the Guards on duty asked the physio not to come out for the second half (and then the 4th official wouldn't let the replacement into the dugout as he wasn't on the match card!), the question was can a physio actually be sent off? And obviously the follow on is can he/she then be suspended?

SMorgan, those are the facts of the case, like them or not. As I said there is info in that post that you could have had no access to, including comments from the physio, the linesman and the Gardai. BTW doesn't it strike you as significant that all of us all saw exactly the same thing?

Edit: meant to say earlier, JC, stop feckin stirring it you!
    Last edited by stann; 25/10/2008 at 2:08 PM.
    more bass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast