Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continuing Fund Raising

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Continuing Fund Raising

Think it is appropriate to remind Sligo Rovers supporters in general and in particular those like myself not living in Sligo, that signing up to the official Sligo Rovers Lottery is a great way to help the club. This can be done on line and you can sign up for various amounts of draws or just sign up for a year. Any organization will tell you that regular incoming funds is a huge help as it helps projections etc. Obviously the other forms of fund raising must continue full steam ahead. The club is getting great help financially from the supporters and we have to lay a good base for next year. So anyone not contributing to the Bit of Red especially those away from Sligo, should get involved straight away and thanks to the brilliant work been done by the existing fund raisers and those that continually go through the turnstiles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is the astro turf pitch making much money for the club ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redrov2005 View Post
    Think they clear a profit of only 1200 per month because most of it goes to the FAI who loaned Rovers money for it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red bellied View Post
    Think they clear a profit of only 1200 per month because most of it goes to the FAI who loaned Rovers money for it.
    i thought the astro pitch was fully funded from seed capital and grant money and that the club have a loan out for the flood lights.somewhere like 50k.
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redrov2005 View Post
    Hope this helps:
    http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=983257#post983257
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Saw this on Shams website - a good idea - easy to implement - no costs.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/shirt_promotion_08.php

would this work for us i wonder ? assign a player to a shirt number and open the bidding !!
    "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

would this work for us i wonder ? assign a player to a shirt number and open the bidding !!
    Physio Amy Waters' polo top: €100

Just a heads up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post

Great idea. Could easily be done at the end of season dinner auction too, with all the players being there, you could get the photo with them after too.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    apparently there's some guy donating €30k worth of westlife memorabilia to the club
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
    apparently there's some guy donating €30k worth of westlife memorabilia to the club
    Surely someone at the Showgrounds should have told him where the dump is?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    http://www.independent.ie/national-n...b-1530977.html

SUPERGROUP Westlife have been urged to help their local cash-strapped soccer club by buying some rare band memorabilia when it goes up for auction next week.

Avid collector Gavin Walsh from Sligo has agreed to donate his Westlife collection to raise money for Sligo Rovers at an auction next week to mark the club's 80th birthday and the 25th anniversary of their 1983 FAI Cup win over Bohemians.

The collection, worth an estimated €30,000, comprises up to 250 rare and one--off items of memorabilia, including Latin American and Asian posters, magazine covers and singing doll replicas of the Sligo group.

Mr Walsh (43), who has what is believed to be the biggest collection of Sex Pistols memorabilia in the world, said: "I felt it was my civic duty to collect these guys so I went on an eight-year binge, collating, cataloguing and collecting everything relating to Westlife".

He was once approached by a representative for the band to buy the collection.

Well fair play to Gavin Walsh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SUPERGROUP Westlife have been urged to help their local cash-strapped soccer club by buying some rare band memorabilia when it goes up for auction next week.

Avid collector Gavin Walsh from Sligo has agreed to donate his Westlife collection to raise money for Sligo Rovers at an auction next week to mark the club's 80th birthday and the 25th anniversary of their 1983 FAI Cup win over Bohemians.

The collection, worth an estimated €30,000, comprises up to 250 rare and one--off items of memorabilia, including Latin American and Asian posters, magazine covers and singing doll replicas of the Sligo group.

Mr Walsh (43), who has what is believed to be the biggest collection of Sex Pistols memorabilia in the world, said: "I felt it was my civic duty to collect these guys so I went on an eight-year binge, collating, cataloguing and collecting everything relating to Westlife".

Jesus fair play to him, hopefully he gets a good price for it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well done gavin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Give this man a lifetime ticket to the Showgies.
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Why would Westlife want their own merchandise?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Wow thats an amazing gesture.
    Fair play and thank you Gavin Walsh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Westlife buy memorabilia

Westlife come to Rovers aid

http://www.sligopost.com/2008/11/12/...to-rovers-aid/

A devoted collector from Sligo has made €25,000 for Sligo Rovers by selling his colossal collection of Westlife memorabilia to the crooners.

The collection is currently locked in an old bank safe below ej Menswear and members of Westlife will hand over the money at a celebration night for the local soccer club this Sunday in the Radisson Hotel.

Gavin Walsh (43), of Pearce Road in Sligo town, has been collecting all-things-Westlife for 10 years and the mega-compilation charts their decade long reign as pop royalty.

But he admits he is neither a fan of the band or of Sligo Rovers, “I’m just a fan of Sligo and while I am not a fan of either I am a huge admirer,” he told the Post.

“I’m glad that the collection will still remain in Sligo and it will stay in one piece because if it had have been sold separately it would have been broken up.

“I’m also really happy that Westlife have brought it. I met them five years ago when the collection was half of what it is now and they were dying to buy it then but I just wasn’t ready to sell.”

The avid collector also boasts one of the biggest Sex Pistols collections in the world and has a huge anthology of Beatles memorabilia. He has also been commissioned to write a book about the Beatles.

One of the Sligo Rovers fundraisers, Robert Fitzpatrick, thanked Mr Walsh for his generosity saying: “This is a magnanimous gesture from Gavin. We really need the money and all of the funds will go towards Sligo Rovers for the next season, for buying new players.

“By Sunday hopefully we will be in Europe so Sunday night will be an even bigger reason to celebrate.”

The club are also celebrating the 25 year anniversary of the first time they won the FAI Cup and many members of the 1983 squad will be in attendance.

Tickets are priced at €60 and are available at the Showgrounds, ej Menswear, Fiddlers Creek and Caheney’s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Superb gesture by this man hard to believe it, fair play to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The headline of that article should read "Gavin Walsh comes not to Rovers aid" not Westlife. Westlife put an offer in for it before but Walsh wouldnt sell. If they were any good they would have doubled the offer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    You couldnt buy this type of advertising, its really positive and great for the club.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast