Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Match Thread Derry 1-1 City

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cork City 1-1 Derry

Few minutes to go 1-1. George sent off early in the second half.
    Hanging on according to Radio Foyle. Behan on up front.
    "Its the bad players who are the luxury not the skillfull ones"
    Danny Blanchflower

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Full time 1-1

Full time 1-1
    By the sound of the commentary it was a point gained having to play most of the 2nd half with only 10men.
    "Its the bad players who are the luxury not the skillfull ones"
    Danny Blanchflower

thecorner
    georgie being sent off was just waiting to happen all season

thecorner
    full time. 1-1
    what was georgie sent off for anyway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final score.....!

OK the score has come up on Teletext ...... 20 minutes late of course.....

....... 1-1 Final Score.

Without knowing the details, I suppose it's not a bad result considering George was sent off in the 50th minute.......Jim O'Neill strikes again........I have no doubt it was controversial knowing that little %>?**$.

Bad knews is that George will now miss Monday's fixture with $hell$.

Not good news with Flynny out also.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yup. If JOF not back, City will be very short up front. No offense to Behan but he's just not good enough. Kev Doyle play up front tho and he did score tonight.

Still considering where Derry are in the table and the fact we went a goal up, has to go down as points dropped.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Have to say ( and you know me at this stage - I'm not one to slag off our guys for the sake of it ) but Behan has gone backwards in recent months.

He looks very sluggish and lacking in confidence. He reminds me of John Cotter.

He was a real "wasp" when he broke onto the scene earlier.

Colin P ..... out
    Flynny ...... out
    George......out

Could be a long night on Monday!!!

Anyone know if our very own "J J" played? He was on the bench I believe!
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    another bad result no matter how you look at it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Official Derry 1-1 City Thread

merged

brandywellpride
    Amazing result!

Derry had 37....YES 37 shots on goal in the 2nd half.Thats more than we've had for the whole season.

We hit the post 3 times.had 4 pens turned down.one a blatent handball save with 2 hands of the line.

Believe me Cork were unbelievably lucky to escape with a point tonight.

It's a point won for you's tonight.

Pat Dolan on our local TV station tonight was so glad to get out of the well without getting a hammering.

BTW O Call deserved his 2 yellow cards IMO.For his 1st he kicked a DC player on the head!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We used to so well in the Brandy well but in recent years don't seem to be able to get much out of there.

Maybe now are playing up their midweek on a thursday night as opposed to 12 noon has changed things.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Greg played on left again for a time.

Casey Brought on as a sub and subbed 10 mins later (i hate subbing subs).

Behan had a mare Im told.

with these tactics???? I mean Greg has proved time and time again, he cannot play on the left wing. he was doing great in centre mid last week and he was put over there as well. Story with that.

Also, the ongoing subbing substitutes. this must destroy a players confidence.

Examples:
    Colin P Vs Pats in June. Hasnt been the same since.
    Behan Vs Pats in Cup semi. Ditto
    Casey last night. We'll see
    Mulconroy Vs UCD a few wks ago. Not seen any action since.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    from what ive seen of casey he cant get any worse... and maybe a kick in the arse like that will get some more out of him... hes way too lazy.. def not the kind of player you want on the pitch if your trying to hold a lead/scrap a point out of a match

someone was saying a while ago that a great manager learns from his mistakes... well thats greg playin well in the middle against waaaherford switched to the wing and has a nightmare... surely dolan shouldnt have restarted it again last night..
    i thought notl's lineup made a lot more sense
    georgie needs to keep the head a bit more as well.. had a huge responsibility with john out and now hell miss shels...
    maybe he knows something about jof we dont

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agree with you about Georgie. He's a bit like Alan Smith of Leeds...local lad playing for his local club he loves. His passion is obvious but he can get carried away. Georgie's spirit is one of his strengths but he does need to shut it at times and get on with things.

As for the subbing of substitutes...there is very little justification for it and makes no sense whatsoever unless players are injured or someone is sent off.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On Citynet, a couple of Derry fans posted that after Casey was taken off, Dolan gave him a savaging on the touchline. Now Casey has not impressed me in any game I've seen him, but if the manager's going to have a go, it should be behind closed doors.
    How is any player supposed to respect a manager who treats his own players so badly? Very bad form, Mr "Supersaint"!

As for subbing the subs, it was a bad habit I thought the manager had grown out of. In fairness, when Mulconry was taken off at UCD, there was a reasonable tactical argument as Coughlan was sent off. But he had been impressive when he was on but he hasn't played since.

Hopefully Georgie will curb the verbals after last night. But with a manager who seems to exercise little control over his mouth, I have my doubts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by littlehops
    On Citynet, a couple of Derry fans posted that after Casey was taken off, Dolan gave him a savaging on the touchline. Now Casey has not impressed me in any game I've seen him, but if the manager's going to have a go, it should be behind closed doors.
    How is any player supposed to respect a manager who treats his own players so badly? Very bad form, Mr "Supersaint"!
    Dolan has done that with a lot of players already this season (Casey included). I think it's one of his forms of motivation. Nothing to be upset or worried about.
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Colm
    Dolan has done that with a lot of players already this season (Casey included). I think it's one of his forms of motivation. Nothing to be upset or worried about.
    I think there is more to this one.
    Casey was brought off very quickly last night and that to me suggest that he wasn't putting in the effort that is required when you're down to ten men.
    I don't think we'll see a whole lot more of Casey.

brandywellpride
    To be fair to Casey when he was taken off after NINE minutes, I felt sorry for him as the dugout in the Brandywell is just in front of our shed.

We were giving it everything IE: "you're shít and you know you are" when Casey must have said something to Dolan and then Dolan laid into him with his two hands pointing at him with the hairdrier treatment!We obviously started singing even louder but it did look very embarrassing for the player with us making it even worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    bad form taking off a player after only being on for a few mins
    no excuses for that .. i can understand casey being ****'d off about it

as for the derry goal.. shure twas an og by Dolyer, not a Holt goal as was announced in 'da media'

we, once o'neil fcuked up the match by sending off GOC for no reason, were understandable totally under the cosh, derry hit the crossbar twice and the post once, the lads defended with heart and sole, and maybe even could have robbed it towards the end when then had 2 halfchances on the counter attack, but all in all 2 points dropped you would have said at half-time when i thought we looked comfortable enough but point gained i suppose in the end given the circumstances of the jim o'neil factor

clearly that man has something of an 'out to get you' thing going on with georgie

oh and yeah behan had a mare.. as did a number of players that still stayed on the pitch waaay longer then they should have *cough* kevin murray *cough*

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by brandywellpride
    Amazing result!

Derry had 37....YES 37 shots on goal in the 2nd half.Thats more than we've had for the whole season.

We hit the post 3 times.had 4 pens turned down.one a blatent handball save with 2 hands of the line.

Believe me Cork were unbelievably lucky to escape with a point tonight.

It's a point won for you's tonight.

Pat Dolan on our local TV station tonight was so glad to get out of the well without getting a hammering.

BTW O Call deserved his 2 yellow cards IMO.For his 1st he kicked a DC player on the head!
    glad to see you boys don't exaggerate! It was a strange game. We should have lost it, but could have won it. The ref had yet another nightmare, there was one clear handball off the line when derry should have got a pen, and georgie's second yellow was for being pushed in the back by a defender! O'Neill clearly has a problem with George, and IMO should be kept far away from City matches, he books him just about every time he refs city matches We played fine for the first 10 mins, and after that we reverted to stupid defensive ****e, inviting derry onto us. That said, derry's second half performance was excellent, if they keep that up, they'll be fine.

One quick question for you sean- I was interviewed by that local tv channel; did it get an airing at all?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast