Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Andy Reid & Trapp row???

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    The fact is that under Stan, the whole team was "lost". In Ireland's defence he was 19 and playing alongside Kevin Kilbane in a team that clearly had no game plan whatsoever.....and he did score a goal.
    He was by far the worst player on the pitch when we played Slovakia away, depsite the fact that he scored a goal. I have only seen him play a couple of times since he last played for us, but in his games for us he showed no defensive awareness whatsover and was a total liability. Carsley was having to do the job of two players because Ireland was so poor.

If Ireland were to come back, it could not be in a 2 man central midfield. He would either have to play in a 3 man central midfield or in the hole just behind the striker, or possibly as a wide player although I don't really like him on the wing. Anything else would compromise our ability to get results and we'd have very little chance of qualifying for South Africa IMO.
    My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method, is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Andy Reid didn't feature yet again for Sunderland, I suspect when Poland Freindly comes around if played he will make very little impression, really does make the issue seem meaningless if compared with JacK Charltons rift with Brady and O'Leary who were proven top flight pedigree - I put it all down to slow press days!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality Bites View Post
    Andy Reid didn't feature yet again for Sunderland, I suspect when Poland Freindly comes around if played he will make very little impression, really does make the issue seem meaningless if compared with JacK Charltons rift with Brady and O'Leary who were proven top flight pedigree - I put it all down to slow press days!!
    yeah but who's to say that Roy Keane is right? have watched Sunderland in the past few games and they have been muck (the win against Newcastle was pretty jammy)...I think they're actually crying out for a player like Reid, someone who can actually pass the ball as opposed to the hoofers in Sunderland's midfield...
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234