Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Zurich Bars?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Zurich Bars?

Does anyone have an inkling about where to go in Zurich for a beer. I know that many fans are flying into Zurich and travelling up to Basel just for the game. What would you expect to pay for a drink and what time do the bars close?

I know there was another thread posted here re: Pubs in Basel etc but I was just feeling left out. I thought the price for a pint (about 0.6 L) was about 10 sfr. I mean, is it worth bringing a few cans, for a drink before the game or are the prices about the same as here.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Re: Zurich Bars?

Originally posted by gunnerbar
    Does anyone have an inkling about where to go in Zurich for a beer. I know that many fans are flying into Zurich and travelling up to Basel just for the game. What would you expect to pay for a drink and what time do the bars close?

I know there was another thread posted here re: Pubs in Basel etc but I was just feeling left out. I thought the price for a pint (about 0.6 L) was about 10 sfr. I mean, is it worth bringing a few cans, for a drink before the game or are the prices about the same as here.
    I think you're always best getting a 'cargo' from the nearest supermarket and then stand outside the liveliest pub!!!
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

4-3AET

Question

Seems like quite a few Irish are staying in Zurich - does anyone know a place that might be showing the rugby on Saturday morning? Can't imagine the Swiss being too interested but an Irish bar might have RTE on SKY digital (Sky themselves don't have the rights).

Also there's a few of us still without tickets - worst case scenario, do people know of a good bar in Basel to watch the game where there will be other Irish? Is there some big square or other "meeting point" in Basle for Irish fans to gather before the game or would that sort of thing be frowned upon

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Basel - Irish bar

best Irish bar in Basel is Paddy Reillys on Steinentorstr. 45 (not too far from the train station). I work in Neuchatel and most of the Irish here are heading to this pub early Saturday - you'll definitely meet some friendly faces there!