Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Named N' Shamed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Originally posted by Footie_Fan
    You call yourselves football people? Ha! No ref - no game. Just cause they gave one decision against your team that in fairness was probably the correct one you deem them bad refs. Why don't you guys step into the centre circle and try it?
    you clearly don't know what you're talking about Footie Fan, there are two refs being mentioned consistently here, by fans of many different clubs, that might imply that there is a genuine problem.

I think McKeon is poor, but O'Neill is an idiot, he finds it hard to keep up with the game and never gets a real grip on it, he's always struggling to maintain control and it often results in needless bookings being handed out. Not accusing him of any bias, i think he's as bad for all clubs.

and FF this is based on years of attending LOI games, not on one decision hat went against us (in which case it would still be O'Hanlon )

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by tiktok
    you clearly don't know what you're talking about Footie Fan, there are two refs being mentioned consistently here, by fans of many different clubs, that might imply that there is a genuine problem.

I think McKeon is poor, but O'Neill is an idiot, he finds it hard to keep up with the game and never gets a real grip on it, he's always struggling to maintain control and it often results in needless bookings being handed out. Not accusing him of any bias, i think he's as bad for all clubs.

and FF this is based on years of attending LOI games, not on one decision hat went against us (in which case it would still be O'Hanlon )
    Well have you ever referred at the highest level of irish football or at any level? Have you any qualification in the Laws of the Game? These refs obviously deserve their place on EL panel otherwise the wouldn't have made it. They are continually retested etc on laws and fitness.

And comments like this
    Originally posted by Enda M
    evry one of them are terrible
    are downright stupid.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    These refs obviously deserve their place on EL panel otherwise the wouldn't have made it. They are continually retested etc on laws and fitness.
    Why, because they're the best of a bad lot?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    These refs obviously deserve their place on EL panel otherwise the wouldn't have made it. They are continually retested etc on laws and fitness.
    being able to recite the laws in a test and the ability to apply them with common sense are two different things entirely, fitness will allow you to keep up with the pace of a game but little else.

i accept that they're continually assessed, but the irish problem seems to be a lack of referees waiting in the wings to replace them.

one of the refs mentioned here has also been asked to 'take a break' for a month this season after it was noted by one of those assessors that he didn't send off a player who pushed him while arguing over a penalty. his fitness might have gotten him there in time to take the push, but his interpretation of the laws was a bit off.

and i find it strange that no one on this board (as i'm ranting) has mentioned that our head assessor of referees just gave the FAI cup final to his son, on the latters 1st (open to correction, maybe 2nd) season as a top flight ref.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Macy
    Why, because they're the best of a bad lot?
    stop saying things like that. I hate agreeing with you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12