Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another great game in Terryland.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Another great game in Terryland.

Lads i just have to say we seen ANOTHER great in Terryland tonight.A combo of generous defending by us and our good brand of open football has meant in the last few months ive thoroughly enjoyed (most) games we've had at home.Tonight was another to add to the list of a least 6/7 home games where we have been thoroughly entertained.
    *Que 10 ppl coming on to say "we need pts not entertainment" and "we are still sh*te",to hell with ye,ive loved going to Terryland the last few months.
    Well done Jeff.BTW im not just saying this because weve won a game,i meant to say it after the last game vrs Rovers too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Good game, great to finally get a win. That has been coming, JJ and Russler unlucky not to add to tally. Rogers made a plank of himself with Cork first goal, but made up for it with crzcking saves. Does the gel in Gough's hair run in to his eyes so he can;t see things properly?
    Hope Devine is okay, looked nasty, not convinced it was a peno, though I was watching from the other end of the pitch.
    Forget the title, that is wrapped up with a big riubbon on it, the story for the rest of the season is the relegation battle. We have Bray and Harps at home, UCD away on last day, a game in hand over Harps, and if we continue current form, can get at least a point from the Showgies this weekend. We ain't gone yet.
    And in relaiton to PA announcer, bad enough he announced Harps result without him then asking HARPS fans to stay back after final whistle. Does the club not know anyone competent enough to do the PA?????
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hey Woodquay Boy give the PA some slack. Its not an easy job to do it was a mistake we are all human. Why dont you give it a try?;-)
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Bring back Jimmy Norman!
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Cracking game! even Mark Gough couldn't spoil it (try as he did! he peppered the game with bizarre decisions as always, some ever for us!) I thought Foley, O' Shea and Russell did very well, thought Jeff should have had Glynn on sooner as Cork were worn out with 20 mins to go. Over all I haven't been that happy leaving Terryland for a long time.
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i thought glynn was terrible when he came on. he didn't chase one ball whole heartedly. he just ambled around the pitch. he looked like he had been on the pitch for the whole game. he should have been chasing balls and putting pressure on the cork defenders and not letting them walk it out of defense unhassled
    Homer: I'm gonna make sure these deliveries are made on time.
    Bart: Let me come with you
    Homer: Dont you have school!
    Bart: Dont you have work!
    Homer: Ah Touche!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    agree with you ultra - he looked totally knackered - glynn should have been hasselling like hell and holding the ball up in their third

thought rogers made some crucial saves - he has been great over the last 4-5 games
    more water!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Just shows what a good job Kenna is doing, his belief in proper football is great to see. We should really go for the win up in Sligo, the team on present form is well able for them when you consider they have lost 3 of their most influential player, Murphy, Faz and Butler. O Shea was mighty on friday but he was assisted by overall fine display for the players, some are limited but no lack of effort. Glynn does not look interested which is a shame (got a lot of talent)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tir Oilean View Post
    Hey Woodquay Boy give the PA some slack. Its not an easy job to do it was a mistake we are all human. Why dont you give it a try?;-)
    Ah, but every week it's, "Put your hands together for Galway United!", then ten minutes later the teams appear....
    He messed up the minute's silence for Noel O'Reilly (RIP).
    And when Ciaran scored I heard him go into a wee panic 'cos he hadn't a clue!
    But, sure, I suppose he's not our biggest problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    leave him alone...he messed up a few times but hes doing it for free and he actually gives a crap about Utd! It was another great night in terryland and we finally turned our performences into points!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Look, all I'm saying is, if we are triyng to be professional about things, can we not get something as simple as the PA right? Jimmy Norman might have looked for a few quid, and that is something the club had to cut back on, but at least he was professional about it. Who is doing it now, have they never seen a minute's silence before?
    Well, given the fact we won and played so well, I had to find something to grumble about!
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I did the PA for a few years and its not as easy as you might think. Hes probably only a young lad that is eager to help out so I tip my to him. If you want a pro to do it then go raise 150quid a week to throw away. Quite simply its a pain in the ass to do for any supporter because you just want to roar at Gough et all and their stupid errors but you cant.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Look, all I'm saying is, if we are triyng to be professional about things, can we not get something as simple as the PA right? Jimmy Norman might have looked for a few quid, and that is something the club had to cut back on, but at least he was professional about it. Who is doing it now, have they never seen a minute's silence before?
    Well, given the fact we won and played so well, I had to find something to grumble about!
    Jimmy Norman was far from Professional and to think of the money he was getting it was a joke.We had a young lad doing it for nothing last year who was great but the club hadnt even the manners to tell him he was being replaced by someone who needed 2 people to do the job for €200 a game.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Professional me hole. He couldn't pronounce players' names and he tried to be funny but failed. At full time, he was gone out of Terryland as quick as a hot snot.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    United went "professional" and paid a DJ the going rate for 2.5 hours work.
    Cue outrage from some supporters.

Since he has left, two volunteers have taken over. Cue outrage from some supporters.

Doing the PA is a very difficult job. I know that if I was doing it myself, I would definitely make 1/2 mistakes over the course of probably 50 announcements from 7.15pm - 9.45pm.

You have people shouting messages/directions at you, sending you calls, texts, and messages on an earpiece, while you are trying to read out announcements, figure out substitutes, scorers, etc.

The supporter currently doing the PA at the moment (Mike Geraghty) also does the excellent "Legends" presentation at half-time, with his article in the programme the only thing in it worth reading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Why didn't the PA announcer get the crowd going like Jimmy Norman with a good old "Hip Hip - Hooray"
    Shels used to have a PA announcer with a speech impediment, didn't bother me. Donnie Fawaha wasn't too impressed though!
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Think the same announcers party piece was the Tom Jones' classic, "The Gween Gween Gwass of Home"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    The bloody PA isn't important, I don't care if we have a mumbling drunkard with a lisp and stutter up there. Ye've made ye're point that the current guy needs to raise his game, therefore someone at the club should have a word and leave it at that. There's a lot more to be concerned with....
    innit though??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

bring

jimmy back. he could play irelands call before the games. That would really get the fans singing....... or shouting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foxx92 View Post
    leave him alone...he messed up a few times but hes doing it for free and he actually gives a crap about Utd! It was another great night in terryland and we finally turned our performences into points!
    I'm sorry. I only seem to be negative on here. Fair play to him for doing it for free and he does write some fine articles in the programme.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast