Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1243

Thread: Keith Fahey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    dislocated his toe in training and out injured until February: https://twitter.com/Keith_Fahey/stat...25985875341312
    Had a wire put in my toe last wk to correct a dislocated toe which happened trainin at sheff utd.. Wont be fit till feb now.. NIGHTMARE ��
    and https://twitter.com/Keith_Fahey/stat...26292298620928
    And i still havnt signed for anyone.. Very bad timing !!!!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Fahey's re-signed for St. Pat's: http://www.independent.ie/incoming/k...-29862015.html

Republic of Ireland international midfielder Keith Fahey has returned to St Patrick’s Athletic ahead of the new League of Ireland season.

The 30 year-old joins the Inchicore outfit for the third time since Birmingham City released the Irish international at the end of last season. He will add to the 191 appearances he amassed under previous managers Eamonn Collins and John McDonnell and has said he can’t wait to get back onto the pitch.

“I’m delighted with the prospect of coming home and to be back at the club,” Fahey told the St. Patrick’s Athletic website. “I really enjoyed my time here before so I’m now just looking forward to get back playing football.

“I was offered various deals from other clubs and ones which were financially a lot better, but I’ve come back here because of the great loyalty I’ve always received. Both the fans and the club have always been great to me, and the stability of the club behind the scenes really made me want to come back and play my football in Inchicore again.”

Fahey was let go by Birmingham City after making more than 100 appearances for the club over four years, during which he played in two Premier League campaigns before relegation in 2011. Most recently he was on trial at Sheffield United but that failed to lead to a permanent deal.

He was a youth player at Arsenal and Aston Villa before returning to Ireland for spells with Bluebell United, Pat’s and Drogheda United and won 16 international caps under Giovanni Trapattoni and scored three international goals, most crucially in Yerevan to beat Armenia 1-0 in the opening Euro 2012 qualifier in September 2010.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Disappointing.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    The lure of Champions League football.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I wonder if any European clubs came in for him. He turned down Hertha Berlin before joining Birmingham, I believe.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I wonder if any European clubs came in for him. He turned down Hertha Berlin before joining Birmingham, I believe.
    Hertha made enquiries but there was no bid that I know of. He's a bit of a homebird it seems so England would have suited him better anyway. I doubt there'd be many European clubs after a Championship midfielder who'd been injured the previous year. It's great to see an Irish player willing to come back to the league, even as a stopgap, rather than toiling around the English lower leagues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Ah, I see.

Can't believe Stephen Hunt turned down an attractive financial offer to move to Valenciennes this summer in favour of staying in The Championship. Playing against the likes of Ibrahimovic and Falcao in one of the best Leagues in Europe seemed like a decent way to wind down his career instead of toiling for another season in the Championship.

In fairness, he admitted himself it was a mistake.

Would like to see more Irish players abroad.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 23/12/2013 at 6:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Disappointing.
    Couldn't disagree more.

54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-29873955.html

Daniel McDonnell on the logic of Fahey's LOI return and chances of an International return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Sound was down on tv earlier but it looked on the news like he signed for St. Pat's.
    Bit of a waste I feel as his star was on the rise.
    Felt he was screwed in that Germany game being asked to mark Ozil when he was always a playmaker and never a defensive midfielder
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post

That's a bit harsh. Not good for the league here as opposed to a bad career move?

Funny, when something good happens to the league, it's classed as a disappointing move by those who don't support it in Ireland.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Sound was down on tv earlier but it looked on the news like he signed for St. Pat's.
    Felt he was screwed in that Germany game being asked to mark Ozil when he was always a playmaker and never a defensive midfielder
    He signed a month ago. He left England because he had a series of injuries. He'll be the best player in the league next season but it's not like he's come home to play for his local five-a-side. He'll be playing in the Champions League qualifiers. Most players of his ilk would be content slumming it at some dead-end League One club, but he knows the quality of the league he's returning to and that it can provide him a platform to resurrect his career.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    That's a bit harsh. Not good for the league here as opposed to a bad career move?

Funny, when something good happens to the league, it's classed as a disappointing move by those who don't support it in Ireland.
    Ok let me re-phrase....

I don't think he'll get a look in with the international team now that he's playing in the League of Ireland.

Sure, it 's good for the league but I'm not sure it's good for Fahey's chances.
    Though it's probably good for his head and soul so, if that's the case, it's the right move for him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Imbecilic tactical decisions like that are the reason why we lost that game by such a lofty margin. Of course if we are to believe people like Trapattoni, it's to be expected because it's em Germany.

Nothing to do with stuff like playing Cox and Walters on the wing and bringing on Green to play on the wing and leaving two knackered (and poor) strikers on up front and taking the energetic Long off (Austria).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Don't think he'd have got a look in with the previous management team, but with O'Neill and Keane vowing to keep an eye on the league here, and with Fahey one of the few Irish internationals playing Champions League football next season, he may well have an eye glanced his direction now and again.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Don't think he'd have got a look in with the previous management team, but with O'Neill and Keane vowing to keep an eye on the league here, and with Fahey one of the few Irish internationals playing Champions League football next season, he may well have an eye glanced his direction now and again.
    I hope you're right.
    I really think he has something to offer and is a very smart footballer

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    I think Trap gave him chances considering he has an aversion to the value of finer skills in our team and he would have given him more chances. That's a credit to Keith that he impressed himself favourably to Trap.
    He had injury issues in the 2012 campaign and again after the Germany game, he ran into a string of injury woes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I think Trap gave him chances considering he has an aversion to the value of finer skills in our team and he would have given him more chances. That's a credit to Keith that he impressed himself favourably to Trap.
    He had injury issues in the 2012 campaign and again after the Germany game, he ran into a string of injury woes.
    Assuming you're responding to Nigel, I think he meant Fahey in the LOI wouldn't have had a chance playing for Ireland because Trap didn't consider the LOI a proper league. He would only consider him if he was playing in League One or higher.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Assuming you're responding to Nigel, I think he meant Fahey in the LOI wouldn't have had a chance playing for Ireland because Trap didn't consider the LOI a proper league. He would only consider him if he was playing in League One or higher.
    I wasn't responding to Nigel, just rambling in general.

Every manager that we have had, ignores players in the LOI, unless on that rare occasion when we were stripped to the bare bone in a friendly or some other odd circumstance that existed 40 years ago.
    Keith might have a chance of a squad place as he already has established his standard of play with Ireland.
    The LOI has some good players and some potentially good players but it's a low standard league. Trap's comments about the LOI were cruel but not pertinent to use as an excuse for his results, however they were relatively accurate. The general standard of the LOI doesn't meet minimum standards. Maybe it's stronger than what you get in the IL, the Faroes and Wales but well below most of the rest in Europe.
    Last edited by geysir; 09/01/2014 at 9:49 AM.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Brass watches Fahey score, enjoys snacks at match.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish...lory-for-pats/
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast