Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bohs in Europe

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelsman View Post
    How did you work this one out? Can you back it up with stats in comparison to other eL sides who have been playing in Europe?
    Well all changes next year,we cant get the likes of Depor,or anyone like that.

We can only get teams equal do us,and if we get to the 3rd qualifying round and lose we would go into the Uefa group stages,where as you had to play Lille

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    aren't going into the tournament out of form and in disarray. (Although that of course can change).
    Of course it could change. The tournament doesn't start until June- that's 9 months away! Has the EL ever had a stable 9 months?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    Of course it could change. The tournament doesn't start until June- that's 9 months away! Has the EL ever had a stable 9 months?
    Portsmouth are apparently have trouble with a crippling wage bill,why is this not all over the News,and papers??

United,Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal are all hundreds of millions in debt why dont they talk about this??

I hate the Irish west Brits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaraa View Post
    there was some bohs poster on the drogs forum (I know, I know ... ) marvelling at how great this magical bohs team is saying they';ve only conceded 8 goals all season or whatever yet they got an easy intertoto route and still made a mess of it.
    That would be me. I post there because I know a good few of the lads.
    I also replied to that point about the intertoto already. It simply wasn't a priority for Nutsy, and possibly that was the only error of judgement he's made since coming to Bohs.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You seem to have as much of a dislike to Bohs as you do to capital letters
    Funny. I got that impression too. I'd say she's not too far gone on Cobh now either!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffer 2008 View Post
    i know you'll all probably say CASH!!
    Brian Cash? He's alright but can't see him making Bohs qualify for the group stages.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    I'd agree with that. Good quality youth systems teaching technical football so that players have what is needed to compete with more technically able countries style of play.

I really dont think that will happen to any large degree given that junior and senior football is so fragmented in this country. It would need to be driven fromn the top down to effect change and they doesn't seem to be the will to change this. Junior football seems to opperate on its own from what i can see.
    A face, ive been touting that idea around this site for quite a while now, especially during the shock and horror that was expressed during Stans dying days. It is simply the best option available to ensure domestic and international success. How the morons in the ireland forum cannot see the link between a successful domestic league and a successful international team just baffles me. I was shouted down for the most part.

Correct me if im wrong but would a centralised academy for the league be a runner? In other words, could the league clubs, one and all, band together under the umbrella of the league and create an academy with placement with a league club after graduation? I havent thought through the minute details but would this even be a runner do you think? My hunch is that the league needs to be more glamorous and at least not in rag-order but just throwing the idea out there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Ok we all know that Bohs probably won't make it to the group stages next year. What do you think is needed to push Irish teams onto a higher level in europe.
    Probably like Shels.......... Bohs won't have a licence to play in Europe next season.

Derry or/and Pats will make it next season to the group stages.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts

the point im trying to make is that no LOI team can hope to achieve anything in europe unless there are drastic changes made to the infrastructure of the game in this country
    It's got very little to do with infrastructure. It's got more to do with the fans - to wean them away from supporting foreign teams and start supporting their own. I can only see one way to attract these people: an Irish team qualifying for the CL Group stages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Hoop View Post
    ...and someone points out the elephant in the room...
    Keep on hoping scum!
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

Correct me if im wrong but would a centralised academy for the league be a runner? In other words, could the league clubs, one and all, band together under the umbrella of the league and create an academy with placement with a league club after graduation? I havent thought through the minute details but would this even be a runner do you think? My hunch is that the league needs to be more glamorous and at least not in rag-order but just throwing the idea out there...
    Pat Fenlon is doing that already on behalf of bohs its called the Ireland u23 squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Pat Fenlon is doing that already on behalf of bohs its called the Ireland u23 squad
    boom boom!

nothing serious/constructive to contribute the thread then dont bother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    That's because Alan Mathews doesn't seem to care about how his teams perform in Europe. He doesn't 'know' anything. I think Bohs could make a brave attempt to make the Group stages next year. They're the best team we'll have had in Europe since Shels a few years ago. They have the crucial ingredients of experience and defensive organisation. (Despite their tame exit this year). You seem to have as much of a dislike to Bohs as you do to capital letters, but I'll certainly wish them all the best next year and believe, if their attitude is right, they can put up a decent performance.
    no i dont dislike bohs really and i am indifferent towards capital letters - though i do appreciate there is a purpose for them - unlike bohs
    to be honest as much as I'd like to see ANY irish team do well in europe I always thought cork would be the ones to do it. not much chance now with euro skeptic matthews involved though. why is he (and fenlon) like this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12