Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: This is not right!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Well Dublin City didn't have any outside backers they were basically a pet project. Closer to Kilkenny or Wexford than Bohs or Cork.

Rovers weren't buggered by outsiders over Tallaght they (maguire et al) ballsed it up from start to finish. lack of money was their problem rather than anyone pulling out (McNamara was the guy who brought them to the RDS)

Bohs would be a land deal that ****ed them over, rather than a backer pulling out.

Drogheda and Pats, AFAIK, are the only one who would be in real danger
    I think we're getting a little sidetracked into a discussion on who counts as an outside backer or whether the various backers are good guys like Wallace or bad guys like the Kilkoynes. The point I was making originally was that I'd draw a distinction between clubs like Sligo or Cobh who run up a loss but are able to trade out of it and clubs who run up losses so big that they can't possible trade out of them.

I think running up big debts leaves a club vulnerable but that it's not the cause of UCDs likely relegation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Yeah, apologies to all for getting it off topic.

UCD are gick...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Teh monthly reports is simply to stop things before they go too far.
    Seems like 1.3 million wasn't enough in Corks case ?
    Wonder how far they would have let it go before they nipped it in the bud

The rule itself is over the course of the entire season. We have not broken it....yet
    The FAI have come out saying they put restrictions on certain clubs (Galway at least) for going over the 65% during the season.
    I'm pretty sure the rule was meant to be implemented each month. In fact at a meeting on the issue before the season started and in an article on the eloi website they said that there were different punishments for the amount of time you spend over the 65%. I imagine had Galway stayed over the 65% much longer they would have lost pints. They hit the panic button and put players up for sale.

It depends on the rules the FAI have for this I suppose. Was the 10point deduction simply for entering examinership or for the examinership process? I dont know. I dont think our creditors will be getting 100% though

Again clear rules would make this a lot easier.
    There are no rules.
    It would be just my opinion that not paying people 100% of what you owe them is cheating other clubs as you have players earning a wage and playing for you on the basis you have the money and other clubs don't.

Shels have had to pay 100% of the debts.
    We're still paying them off and will be for a long time to come.
    We're effectively crippled for the next X amount of years due to paying back the debts built up winning league titles.
    We were demoted on the back of that yet we've not turned away from any debts. In fact paying the FAI back what we owe them was part for the deal!!

If Cork are going to pay all debts then they should remain in the Premier Division. If not I think it's only fair on the other sides you're ahead of that you are demoted.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    I imagine had Galway stayed over the 65% much longer they would have lost pints.
    Ooooh Ted, they wouldn't like that now.

They wouldn't like that one bit.

(Great to see the FAI hitting clubs where it hurts though)
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    In all probablility we're going to lose both legs to hertha. I'd say they're a similar level to the Celtic side we drew with in Glasgow (before losing at home).
    Do you now have to agree with me after last night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Yep, that one game changed my mind
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Seems like 1.3 million wasn't enough in Corks case ?
    Wonder how far they would have let it go before they nipped it in the bud

The FAI have come out saying they put restrictions on certain clubs (Galway at least) for going over the 65% during the season.
    I'm pretty sure the rule was meant to be implemented each month. In fact at a meeting on the issue before the season started and in an article on the eloi website they said that there were different punishments for the amount of time you spend over the 65%. I imagine had Galway stayed over the 65% much longer they would have lost pints. They hit the panic button and put players up for sale.
    we had restrictions placed on us too when the FAI finally copped on.

but breaking teh wage cap over months isnt breaking licensing and cant get you your license revoked...only doing it over the year can.The punishments in between are to stop this from happening.

There are no rules.
    It would be just my opinion that not paying people 100% of what you owe them is cheating other clubs as you have players earning a wage and playing for you on the basis you have the money and other clubs don't.
    Who said any differently? Hence us being deducted 10 points for entering examinership.
    And if we dont pay players the back pay there will be no license
    Shels have had to pay 100% of the debts.
    We're still paying them off and will be for a long time to come.
    We're effectively crippled for the next X amount of years due to paying back the debts built up winning league titles.
    We were demoted on the back of that yet we've not turned away from any debts. In fact paying the FAI back what we owe them was part for the deal!!
    Ye didnt get a license becuase ye owed players money, as will be true of any other club. Even if you owed no one else money you wouldnt have gotten a license.

If ye had gone into examinership as we did ye would have been punished for doing so and it would have cost ye the league. ye didnt, so the situations are different
    If Cork are going to pay all debts then they should remain in the Premier Division. If not I think it's only fair on the other sides you're ahead of that you are demoted.
    As I said above we cant complain either way imo.

But itl be interesting to see if the 10 point deduction was for teh entire examinership process(including sorting a deal with creditors) or just for entering examinership.

It will have an effect on whether we stay up or not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Yep, that one game changed my mind
    Excellent.

(That was a joke, just in case...)

(And just to put it on record, I don't think our current team is significantly worse than the one which got into Europe in 2000, except that team had a proven goalscorer in Mick O'Byrne. Éamon McLoughlin, Rob Dunne, Eóin Bennis and Ken Kilmurray all started the TotoToto games and wouldn't get into our team now, I'd say. We also had Glen...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Eamon McLaughlin certainly would. Always thought Rob Dunne was alright too.

Anyway, its not really relevent to the Pats team of the time though
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    It is relevant to your point about this being the worst UCD team ever, which I countered using the argument that Pat's had improved instead.

I'd have Bermo ahead of McLaughlin any day. Agree Dunne was alright, but wouldn't think he'd be in our team though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Oh right, forgot about that argument. Stand by what I said mind.
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Just saying the first thing you think of, eh?

Also (final word - promise!) - the 2003 team was far worse, particularly under Doolin. That's the worst UCD team I've ever seen by a distance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Also (final word - promise!) - the 2003 team was far worse, particularly under Doolin. That's the worst UCD team I've ever seen by a distance.
    Player-by-player perhaps. Collectively this one is at least as bad.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Agree with you. But my point is that "collectively" is a function of a few things, including the quality of the opposition, which has improved in recent years. (Obviously you can add morale and balance, of which we don't have much either at present). If you took our team now and put it into the Premiership, it'd look a lot worse, but that doesn't mean the team's any worse. (Extreme example obviously)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    we had restrictions placed on us too when the FAI finally copped on.

but breaking teh wage cap over months isnt breaking licensing and cant get you your license revoked...only doing it over the year can.The punishments in between are to stop this from happening.
    Restrictions ?
    You were signing players up until transfer deadline day !!
    What restrictions ?

Also, of course the FAI can take your licence away!
    You seem to think it's a once off event that and when you get it you have it for 12 months. It's not like a test once a year, it's an ongoing process.

For your information Shelbourne were awarded a Premier Division licence for the 2007 season. It was a couple of months into the year when they decided to take it away again.
    We had deals with ALL players and staff owed money and had cleared the masive tax debts and still were only awarded a First Division licence.

I'm not complaining as we probably deserved to go down but seems it's different rules for everyone else.

Also there was no wage cap of any sort in the league when Shels decided to offer contracts they couldn't pay! Not that it shoudl have mattered...
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Restrictions ?
    You were signing players up until transfer deadline day !!
    What restrictions ?
    Eh...who? We had people on trial we couldnt sign.
    Also, of course the FAI can take your licence away!
    You seem to think it's a once off event that and when you get it you have it for 12 months. It's not like a test once a year, it's an ongoing process.
    You're wrong. The licensing agreement of the wage cap is that you meet it over the year, not on a monthly basis.
    For your information Shelbourne were awarded a Premier Division licence for the 2007 season. It was a couple of months into the year when they decided to take it away again.
    We had deals with ALL players and staff owed money and had cleared the masive tax debts and still were only awarded a First Division licence.
    If we owe any players money at teh end of the year we'l be relegated just like ye were
    I'm not complaining as we probably deserved to go down but seems it's different rules for everyone else.
    How so?
    Also there was no wage cap of any sort in the league when Shels decided to offer contracts they couldn't pay! Not that it shoudl have mattered...
    hence ye not being stripped of the title or a points deduction.

Its the money ye still owed that was the problem

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Did Dudfield not come in just before the window closed ?

Why issue the FAI with monthly accounts ?
    Why have a press release at the start of the season saying there will be different punishments for the amount of time you stay over the 65%
    Why call the clubs to a meeting to state the same ?
    Why punish Galway for going over the 65% ?

Seriously think the 65% rule is an ongoing issue.
    Otherwise after the final set of league games the FAI sit down and then work out point deductions and issue a lovely new table!!

Where are you getting your information ?

Again you seem to miss the point were I said we were issued a licence. We had our premier division licence yet it was then taken away.
    We still owe a hat full of cash!!!
    We would owe this regardless of what division we were in. We were not demoted for being in debt. If that was the case we'd not be able to get promoted for the next few years. We've massive debts....

You seem to have this magic end of the year date that you have to have your house in order or else ? Like an NCT or something that comes round and you need to pass.... That's not the way it works. If it was we would have passed the test and had 11 months to get our house in order before we were up again!

They can act when and how they like.
    www.ssdg.ie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Did Dudfield not come in just before the window closed ?
    Weeks before. Before we(or the FAI) knew we were in trouble
    Why issue the FAI with monthly accounts ?
    So tehy can try to stop clubs from breaking it over the year.
    Why have a press release at the start of the season saying there will be different punishments for the amount of time you stay over the 65%
    Why call the clubs to a meeting to state the same ?
    Why punish Galway for going over the 65% ?
    There will be punishments for going over monthly but you are not breaking the licensing agreement. Its a preventative measure by the FAI
    Seriously think the 65% rule is an ongoing issue.
    Otherwise after the final set of league games the FAI sit down and then work out point deductions and issue a lovely new table!!
    If you break it over the year Id imagine itl just be relegation.Youl have been warned during the year with sanctions such as transfer blocks and possibly points deductions
    Where are you getting your information ?
    Same place everyone else n the thread who has said the same is Id imagine
    Again you seem to miss the point were I said we were issued a licence. We had our premier division licence yet it was then taken away.
    We still owe a hat full of cash!!!
    We would owe this regardless of what division we were in. We were not demoted for being in debt. If that was the case we'd not be able to get promoted for the next few years. We've massive debts....
    If you owe players money you cannot get a premier license. Regardless of other debts
    You seem to have this magic end of the year date that you have to have your house in order or else ? Like an NCT or something that comes round and you need to pass.... That's not the way it works. If it was we would have passed the test and had 11 months to get our house in order before we were up again!

They can act when and how they like.
    It is, in the case of the wage cap anyway. Ye couldnt pass cos ye owed players money

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    You can owe players money as long as they sign off a waver on it agreeing to deferral.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    You can owe players money as long as they sign off a waver on it agreeing to deferral.
    We were told if any money is owed to players we will not be getting a license

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456