Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not right!

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    If you want to continue punishing us thats your perogative, I think we've been through enough and you can't continue to handicap us in our attempts to start again.
    Show me where I say that Cork City deserve more punishment? Cork did break rules, that's why they were deducted points surely? If more offences are uncovered, by any club there should be further punishments handed out. Why bother with rules otherwise?

Personally I'm just a bit taken aback at the classless, snide trite thrown at a frustrated UCD fan (and I am very aware that you are not guilty of this) and that was where my original post came from.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerc View Post
    While we've had many constructive 'discussions' over the past 10 years or so that's not to say you were right!

Since when have you ever had a "less than humble opinon"?
    Ten years huh? How time flies! And right and wrong is so subjective. There would be no point in discussion of anything if we didn't both believe we were right. Obviously I wouldn't bother expressing an opinion (humble or otherwise) that I didn't believe.

And my first LOI match was Limerick against St.Francis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Pats are in the same boat we are in, just in much grander scales, and its paid off for them so far, but Kelleher could get bored any minute and then they will be staring in oblivion
    Evidence please!

I'm not even going to outline any possible counter argument to the unsubstantiated, illinformed b ull sh it you've posted, except to say you are miles away from the reality in both cases

Until such time as you can categorically state Arkaga's decision to firstly become involved in and then withdraw from Cork City, I'd suggest you refrain from posting c r a p
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    And my first LOI match was Limerick against St.Francis.
    Daragh, you've told me that before, many times

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Daragh, you've told me that before, many times
    Two 'r's but impressive recall nevertheless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Evidence please!

I'm not even going to outline any possible counter argument to the unsubstantiated, illinformed b ull sh it you've posted, except to say you are miles away from the reality in both cases

Until such time as you can categorically state Arkaga's decision to firstly become involved in and then withdraw from Cork City, I'd suggest you refrain from posting c r a p
    What?

Its fairly simple. Pats are relying on a sugar daddy, his name is Mr G. Kelleher

Cork City were relying on a sugar daddy his name was Mr. G. Walsh

ours got fed up, can't tell you what changed his mind, but he changed his mind an left us with debts that his employess (through Arkaga) has racked up.

kelleher may well stick with in the long run. He may not, I hope for Pats sake he does, but if I was their fans Id be getting worried and I'd be looking to get some sort of contingency plan set up.

If you think my posts are crap, why not explain how exactly to me, rather than posting idiotic smilies and not actually saying anythign other than I'm wrong.

I was obviously wrong about one thing. I thought football fora were for football discussion
    Last edited by El-Pietro; 28/09/2008 at 1:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Two 'r's but impressive recall nevertheless.
    The problem is my old age, there are Dara's and Daragh's then Darragh's and that's before we go to Darach. I know people who each use different versions.

BTW, I still have that flawed* dissertation of yours LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    What?

Its fairly simple. Pats are relying on a sugar daddy, his name is Mr G. Kelleher
    Are we?

Cork City were relying on a sugar daddy his name was Mr. G. Walsh

ours got fed up, can't tell you what changed his mind, but he changed his mind an left us with debts that his employess (through Arkaga) has racked up.
    Eh no, but it would not be in my interest to elaborate

If you think my posts are crap, why not explain how exactly to me, rather than posting idiotic smilies and not actually saying anythign other than I'm wrong.
    Smiles are there for a reason and more than happy to explian to you face to face but not on a forum. I suspect you are well aware of where I am comong from but you won't draw me out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Are we?
    Well you aren't generating enough money to run the club yourselves, but if I am wrong, I'd be delighted to hear otherwise and would love to discuss off field revenue streams
    Eh no, but it would not be in my interest to elaborate
    Id love to know more, you clearly seem to know far more than I do.

Smiles are there for a reason and more than happy to explian to you face to face but not on a forum. I suspect you are well aware of where I am comong from but you won't draw me out
    Completely lost here sorry, I know what smilies are for, I understand that tone translates poorly on fora but you seem to be talking about something else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Id love to know more, you clearly seem to know far more than I do.

Completely lost here sorry, I know what smilies are for, I understand that tone translates poorly on fora but you seem to be talking about something else
    Read my previous post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    You've lost me aswell soccerc. As far as I can see we ARE fooked if Kelleher pulls out.

Hope i'm wrong tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Juanace View Post
    Ok Im a UCD fan and it looks like were going down after tonights result. Im sure most of ye will be delighted to see us go.

But this Cork situation really has me p***ed off, and a few other clubs this year as well.

UCD have never reneged on paying players/staff wages. We are living within our means and we havent had to be bailed out by last minute investors and pleading to supporters (Sligo). We have not gone into receivership.

If we had done a Cork and spent mad money that we didnt have to buy better players, go into receivership, renege on wages, make drastic cuts of staff/players etc..and scrape a recovery plan before the end of the season we may have stayed up.

How fair is it that we do things correctly and Cork and others 'cheat' buy buying players they can't afford, they stay up and get bailed out and we go down?

So many clubs this year have had drastic finanical problems. If you can't run a business properly, like so many clubs have proved this year then you shouldnt be allowed in the league. It should be the FIRST priority.

Rant over.
    I dont get your point in regards to us,
    we are a community based club who have asked the community to raise funds to keep the club afloat. Our players are paid on time, everytime and our debts have been greatly reduced and are very small in comparison to others. I dont think we have gained advantage over clubs because our people have come together as a unit and sorted our own problems out and kept an 80 year old club still going strong

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ok Im a UCD fan and it looks like were going down after tonights result. Im sure most of ye will be delighted to see us go.

UCD have never reneged on paying players/staff wages. We are living within our means and we havent had to be bailed out by last minute investors and pleading to supporters (Sligo). We have not gone into receivership.

Nether have Sligo Rovers all players have always been played on time and that’s something we are proud off

SRFC are a community club who have never been in receivership. Ok now and again the club will rely on the community for help to keep our club alive we don’t depend on a collage, a money man or a council to keep our club going. We might never be a big club but will never die and we will keep the red flag flying

Enjoy the graveyard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Star View Post
    all players have always been played on time and that’s something we are proud off
    S'pose ye have to have something to be proud of - having eleven men on the pitch by 7.45

Quote Originally Posted by Red Star View Post
    Ok now and again the club will rely on the community for help to keep our club alive we don’t depend on a collage to keep our club going.
    Could be worth it depending on the artist.

Really though, don't drink and post.

Agree with SLK though. The snidey remarks aimed at UCD are pathetic. Why do some of you despise them so much? Coz yer team can't beat them? This "add nothing to the league" argument is bu ll**** in fairness....thats not how football works.
    Last edited by dancinpants; 28/09/2008 at 6:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinpants View Post

Agree with SLK though. The snidey remarks aimed at UCD are pathetic. Why do some of you despise them so much? Coz yer team can't beat them? This "add nothing to the league" argument is bu ll**** in fairness....thats not how football works.
    Personally I believe it stems from certain eL followers' insecurities about their own club and the league and their need to justify their support thereof to either barstoolers or others. UCD are a microcosm of the league and exemplify some of its major problems and shortcomings, namely a lack of support and resources. Bizarrely, fans of other clubs, who profess that one should support their local club, continually castigate and put down UCD citing odd notions like "they bring nothing to the league". As if leagues around the globe don't have clubs of varying sizes including some with attendances a minute fraction of the largest clubs in their respective countries, as if it isn't a fact of footballing life that there aren't clubs with varying resources and have to temper their ambitions accordingly. I'm all for a bit of banter but the scorn poured on us is strange considering the context all our clubs operate in.
    Last edited by Poor Student; 28/09/2008 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

But this Cork situation really has me p***ed off, and a few other clubs this year as well.

If we had done a Cork and spent mad money that we didnt have to buy better players, go into receivership, renege on wages, make drastic cuts of staff/players etc..and scrape a recovery plan before the end of the season we may have stayed up.

How fair is it that we do things correctly and Cork and others 'cheat' buy buying players they can't afford, they stay up and get bailed out and we go down?

So many clubs this year have had drastic finanical problems. If you can't run a business properly, like so many clubs have proved this year then you shouldnt be allowed in the league. It should be the FIRST priority.

Rant over.
    End of the day if your can't finish above Finn Harps you deserve the first division,there must be serious deficencies in the coaching system if the cream of Irelands talent on scholarships are struggling that badly.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Firstly there is no evidence Cork City will fail to match the 65% wage rule yet as it is judged over a full season. If we break that I expect we will be punished. The same rule applies if we fail to pay our players at the end of the season.

We are currently in Examinership which we have already been punished for which probably sees us out of Europe next season through the league.

It is ironic that UCD complain about hand outs. How can they run a semi pro team on roughly 500 fans a game? You must be receiving indirect support from the University. You pays for the admin salaries? Who pays for the sports scholarships? What is your budget for the season & how do you run a club when first division sides can't pay players on similar budget?

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonred View Post
    End of the day if your can't finish above Finn Harps you deserve the first division
    Finally someone tells it like it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Who pays for the sports scholarships?
    Would you actually read one of my earlier posts in the thread? This has been outlined ad nauseum by UCD fans before both here and on the CCFC forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The problem is my old age, there are Dara's and Daragh's then Darragh's and that's before we go to Darach. I know people who each use different versions.

BTW, I still have that flawed* dissertation of yours LOL
    Dont forget Dáire.....

My sons name
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast