Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Just had a thought...

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts

Just had a thought...

... given that we finished 4th last year and look like coming 5th this year I think it's clear that we are moving backwards as a club.

EVERYBODY OUT! EVERYBODY OUT! Bring back that man of the McGees and that honest Finnan chap.

Obviously I'm kidding. Anybody who doesn't recognise that the club has taken massive steps in the right direction this season probably deserves to be recognised as not being sentient.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    ... given that we finished 4th last year and look like coming 5th this year I think it's clear that we are moving backwards as a club.

EVERYBODY OUT! EVERYBODY OUT! Bring back that man of the McGees and that honest Finnan chap.

Obviously I'm kidding. Anybody who doesn't recognise that the club has taken massive steps in the right direction this season probably deserves to be recognised as not being sentient.
    We didnt have Waterford or Fingal last year, and considering we've dropped 18 points to these 2 teams along with a slashed budget id say things aint too bad........hang on! you were joking? your acually being positive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    your acually being positive
    Well comparatively anyway. It scares me too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    I think this season has been very positive. We now own land and will develop a training base, we will finish well up the league on 1/4 of our budget from last year. We are not in debt anymore, have good people running the club, a solid home and away support, a good supporters club, ...and we have good fundraisers going. and leos getting married at one of the next ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    I think this season has been very positive. We now own land and will develop a training base, we will finish well up the league on 1/4 of our budget from last year. We are not in debt anymore, have good people running the club, a solid home and away support, a good supporters club, ...and we have good fundraisers going. and leos getting married at one of the next ones
    Didn't the Irish times say we're losing at least 150k a season? There's not too many teams not making a loss around. Attendance is still shocking,355 average for season wasn't it? There's a lot of positives and negatives this season,same as any. Hopefully we don't slip into the Bolton syndrome : Not really there for a reason other than providing fans a place to go on a Saturday,surviving without achieving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkx View Post
    Didn't the Irish times say we're losing at least 150k a season?
    The chairman has given 150k to the club this season is the actual scenario there as I read it. And while not ideal, until income streams are set up even if that figure is accurate, it's not money that we'll have to pay back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    (he is reported locally to have cleared around €200,000 worth of debts and guaranteed losses reckoned at some € 150,000 a year)
    Thats the extract from the Irish Times. Alot of money in most peoples books IMO.

How limitless are McCarthy's funds anyway? Can he afford to be pulling us along for however long it takes to balance the books? Or if we ever manage it. Cork City aren't viable even with there high profile transfers to the english leagues the last 3 seasons.

Apart from that steps are being made in the right direction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    i think this season we may lose that amount but thats with all the debts off last year. our crowds are crap but i think a little exagerated in the times our normal is about 450 of which over 150/200 are freebies when march comes about and some clubs have gone to the wall we might realise how much we've stedied the ship this year. It would be nice to have a propper stadium too too attract a decent crowd as i think we have the makings of a good entertaining team. you could have a decent stadium but if your playing football like say, longford, wexford, monaghan etc do, then no crowd would come out and support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    After the transfer window ye really changed into a strong team, but your run ends tonight

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    After the transfer window ye really changed into a strong team, but your run ends tonight
    2 nil to Limerick,White and Walsh

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Crowds will follow a winning team simple as, Munster being the key example here, 90% of there lauded "Supporters club" have never been near a AIL match..If the team keep winning and get back into the top flight you'll see them rise steadily.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    i think this season we may lose that amount but thats with all the debts off last year. our crowds are crap but i think a little exagerated in the times our normal is about 450 of which over 150/200 are freebies when march comes about and some clubs have gone to the wall we might realise how much we've stedied the ship this year. It would be nice to have a propper stadium too too attract a decent crowd as i think we have the makings of a good entertaining team. you could have a decent stadium but if your playing football like say, longford, wexford, monaghan etc do, then no crowd would come out and support.
    come on gael,lose the tunnel vision will ya ,we v had to watch some right rubbish from our lot this season especially when MK was plating his favoured 4-5-1 system.ya its improved lately,but fact is we are no better or worse than the teams you mention and whatever about potential crowds at longf and mons you surely cant put wallaces pinkies in that bracket,their crowds are better than ours,supposedly avg 800.