Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Squad named for Nottm Forest "challenge match"

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    Jonny Douglas could have been worth a shout in it?

Been Leeds' engine this year so far.

Granted I know they're League One side, but as a team they'd be more than able to cut it in the Championship, with the players they have.
    Hes had too many call ups already, a nothing player
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian1890 View Post
    Anyway,i am sure Trapattoni will know about Brian Murphy after this game
    Why did you tell him to pick him or are you hoping he saw the flag at the Rovers game???

Anyway Liam Lawrence is out................he fell over his dog!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    Why did you tell him to pick him or are you hoping he saw the flag at the Rovers game???

Anyway Liam Lawrence is out................he fell over his dog!

....and Rob Stiles immediately pointed to the spot!!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sligo Hornet View Post
    ....and Rob Stiles immediately pointed to the spot!!
    ..............and then Mike Riley sent-off the dog for dangerous play!
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Many foot.ie(rs) going to this? Can tickets be bought at the ground?
    'And Crouch must score'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    i'll be there. wow so much money needed lately, in a way thank god i was sick for the bohs game on friday..... it was going to be some month ireland u-23 match, B match, vs cyprus(hopefully) as well as loi matches.

got lucky though, the lads at bohs were good to me.
    Last edited by irishultra; 05/10/2008 at 8:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro View Post
    Many foot.ie(rs) going to this? Can tickets be bought at the ground?
    Should be, although work's been busy lately so I won't know for definite until Thursday
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Hes had too many call ups already, a nothing player
    ********. He shouldn't be in our senior squad until he's playing at a high enough level, which he will likely be doing next season. Nothing to be learned from bringing him in for this game.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I will be there.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    ********. He shouldn't be in our senior squad until he's playing at a high enough level, which he will likely be doing next season. Nothing to be learned from bringing him in for this game.
    Hes had his chance playing at International level and wasnt anywhere near good enough. Doesnt matter what level he is playing at next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Hes had his chance playing at International level and wasnt anywhere near good enough. Doesnt matter what level he is playing at next season
    Ah learn a new tune. You could say the very same thing about at least half a dozen of the lads in and around the squad and it alters not a jot the fact that we don't have either the depth or variety of talent in our pool to disregard their claims or Douglas'. He's been consistently doing the business at club level in the English league AND Championship.

This reminds me of the vilification of the likes of Carsley that was de riguer at one stage. Couple of years later the sky would have fallen in if we'd taken to the field without him.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Lawrence and McCarthy (Paddy) pull out of squad

injuries it seems....does that mean Noel will play, i was looking forward to seeing him play, but after saturdays concussion, thought it was just a matter of time before he withdrew.

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=c...=view&id=3670w...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red&White Rover View Post
    Jonny Douglas could have been worth a shout in it?

Been Leeds' engine this year so far.

Granted I know they're League One side, but as a team they'd be more than able to cut it in the Championship, with the players they have.
    Well you could say the same of Keith Andrews actually.He was League 2 last season and only for Paul Ince moved to Blackburn Rovers and took his captain with him from MK Dons he wouldn't get a look in.He's not exactly getting much play time with Blackburn. Had he been at MK Dons still he wouldn't be picked.Thats not to say he's not a good player.I've seen him at MK Dons and he was pretty decent.Works very very hard and gets amongst the goals.

How much football is Anthony Stokes getting either?

Ack same aul story with selection.

Brendan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Ah learn a new tune. You could say the very same thing about at least half a dozen of the lads in and around the squad and it alters not a jot the fact that we don't have either the depth or variety of talent in our pool to disregard their claims or Douglas'. He's been consistently doing the business at club level in the English league AND Championship.

This reminds me of the vilification of the likes of Carsley that was de riguer at one stage. Couple of years later the sky would have fallen in if we'd taken to the field without him.
    What has Doulgas ever done in an Irish shirt that makes u think he is up to the standard of International football?
    In my opinion he will never be a regular in a Premiership team let alone good enough for international football. He have found his level and fair play to him he is making a decent career for himself. There are other Irish lads playing the the lower divisions of English football that while they are decent pros the arent all good enough to make the step up to the national team... Im my opinion Douglas is one of those

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    What has Doulgas ever done in an Irish shirt that makes u think he is up to the standard of International football?
    He has what? eight caps? the bulk of those earned under Stan. Shay, Killer and Carsley maybe aside I can scarcely think of an Irish player involved who came out of that tenure without a blotted copybook.

In my opinion he will never be a regular in a Premiership team let alone good enough for international football.
    Hmmm ...you seem to be of the opinion that international football is a step up from top flight club football. Now in the ideal world it probably would be ...but day to day, I have my doubts.

He have found his level
    have to disagree there again. He's a least a division below his ability and most Leeds suppporters will tell you, I reckon, that but for him relegation would've been signed and sealed some time earlier than it came to pass. No coincidence either he wasn't available for much of the slump that derailed Leeds attempt to get promoted first time of asking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

TV

Is the match on the box?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    Setanta are showing the Ireland Legends VS England Legends from Craven Cottage
    Doesn't look like it's on TV3 or TG4
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    He has what? eight caps? the bulk of those earned under Stan. Shay, Killer and Carsley maybe aside I can scarcely think of an Irish player involved who came out of that tenure without a blotted copybook.

Hmmm ...you seem to be of the opinion that international football is a step up from top flight club football. Now in the ideal world it probably would be ...but day to day, I have my doubts.

have to disagree there again. He's a least a division below his ability and most Leeds suppporters will tell you, I reckon, that but for him relegation would've been signed and sealed some time earlier than it came to pass. No coincidence either he wasn't available for much of the slump that derailed Leeds attempt to get promoted first time of asking.
    That's all true. However, while he's plying his trade in League one I wouldn't have him in the squad, if and when Leeds go up to the Championship and if he plays as well at that level then he should be considered.

There is a proportion of the Leeds support that don't rate him as he does the unspectacular donkey work. The Carsley comparison is fair albeit he'd be a poor mans Carsley at this stage. But players like that are needed to let other more creative players play, look at how Everton have struggled in Carsley's absence this season. Douglas was left out of the Leeds team at the start of the season and had teh captaincy taken off him which led many to believe he was to be sold to Burnley who've been after him for a while. But he knuckled down, got his place back and has won over a lot of those at Leeds who reckoned he was crap. He's been superb since getting back in and is, once again, the first name on the team sheet every week. He was never in contention for this game though as Leeds have a game tonight and once on Saturday so no way would he have been released.

For the record, I don't think he was that bad when he's played for Ireland, he was solid against the Czechs and Wales (although playing himself and Carsley together was another bizarre selection by Stan) and never should have been brought on against the Slovaks. He certainly didn't look any worse then the rest of those involved in that dreadful campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    That's all true. However, while he's plying his trade in League one I wouldn't have him in the squad, if and when Leeds go up to the Championship and if he plays as well at that level then he should be considered.
    I said that in my first post on the issue. The rest of your post was sensible and fair to the guy too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    I said that in my first post on the issue. The rest of your post was sensible and fair to the guy too.
    Wasn't contradicting you, just stating that as my opinion.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast