Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Euro Championships to be increased to 24 teams from 2016

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    [QUOTE=EalingGreen;1028036]
    It's curious that on OWC, only one poster out of twelve (so far) is completely enthusiastic about this change; the rest either have reservations, and/or are dead against it, since
    Nothing curious about only one unreserved enthusiastic poster out of 12.
    Reservations may mean there are 4 or 5 out of 12 who think the plan is overall a good idea but acknowledge to some degree that the Finals will be diluted

Moreover, most people on this forum are concentrating on the Qualification process, but one OWC poster made a great point about the effect on the Finals themselves:
    This plan has already been discussed in more detail on the thread
    Euro to expand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMcD View Post
    If it means we are more likely to qualify than I am all for it. We are only a short time on this planet and I have never gone to a tournament yet that Ireland have been in, so if this makes it more likely that I am all for it.

I think fans who go to all the Ireland games home and away will be all for it. Those that like to watch their football on TV, maybe against it as it does reduce the quality but whenyou have 3 weeks away from work and you are drinking and singing and watching football and chatting up the local ladies who cares about the quality of the football being played by Ukraine and Switzerland and Latvia.
    Well said Neil.

Im delighted with this for the same reasons given here. Its all good as far as Im concerned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123