Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: brilliant utd

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Thumbs up brilliant utd

i have to applaud the character and effort of the players last night.
    It gave me huge hope for the next few weeks. Glynns pace looked very dangerous when he came on i think he played for the peno but i have seen them given. Good to see jorgy score a league goal he took it well, he also hit the post, the goalie saved from point blank and i dont know how he missed the sitter in the first half but these things happen. Fitz is the one huge liability left, he cost us the 1st shams goal and alan keane saved fitzs ass at the death after a woeful mistake that could have cost us the game.
    The players deserved a pat on the back last night

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If they played like that every game I think there'd be no problem attracting bigger crowds. Fair play, since Kenna took over they're trying to play football rather than hoofball and last night got nearly everything right. I think thats all the crowd is looking for is a bit of 'ATTITUDE' and we got loads last night from everyone,,even Murphs looked like he cared. I thought the 'thank u for taking Leechy' chant was funny,,,the chant ' Leechy u'r a w***ker' was moronic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yes.

We beat them everywhere except on the scoresheet.As i said if there was points for effort we would be near the top of the league since Jeff came.
    Last night was light years ahead of the performance against the same opposition earlier in the season.That was TC's last game and last night was the total opposite to that performance.
    Who said Murph looked up for it,he didnt.Was the same old stuff of mis- placed passes and when he had the ball on the edge of the box instead of shooting he'd pass it out wide.
    Great effort though by the lads.6 points behind with a game in hand and Harps still to come here,ITS NOT OVER YET.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Last nights performance showed how much Jeff has improved things. Just wish some of our players would shoot more often. Still a problem at the back, suppose nothing can be done about it playerwise but the concentration level most be improved (full-time pro's after all).
    How did Jasper miss that chance I don't know, was right behind the goal at the time. Ndo showed his class, however we managed to contain him, only just. Spirit is good and the football not bad at all, whether we can stay up is another question, we have really left ourselves a mountain to climb. Still hope.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manofthemoment View Post
    If they played like that every game I think there'd be no problem attracting bigger crowds. Fair play, since Kenna took over they're trying to play football rather than hoofball and last night got nearly everything right. I think thats all the crowd is looking for is a bit of 'ATTITUDE' and we got loads last night from everyone,,even Murphs looked like he cared. I thought the 'thank u for taking Leechy' chant was funny,,,the chant ' Leechy u'r a w***ker' was moronic
    That **** gets on my nerves, there are two or three lads, some of whom post on here and they start these chants which the rest of the young lads join in and give some noise too. I brought a new fella last night and he commented about how the lads kept singing songs about Leech, it gets annoying, either sing about supporting the lads or else don't sing at all. Lost count of the games where the ''United United'' chants turned into song after song about the ''Ref' is a ******''

Jorgensen cost us that game last night, proved he is'nt a goal scorer, how can someone not even connect with a ball on a pitch like that from 4 yards out?. Then just before Rovers scored he was put through on goal to the right and instead of taking it in, he hit it first time without even a tocuh of the ball first and hit a useless shot at the keeper.

Geezer i will stand corrected by i'm 99% certain it was KEANE who nearly cost us that goal at the end, but he was also the one who made the challenge!!. Fitzy and the rest of the back four did'nt do much wrong it's the final third we struggle in, we're woeful when we get to the oppositions goal area!!

Then the one he put out off the post, while he was unlucky in that it came close he was through on goal, why in those two chances like any good striker did he not progress in for a simple tap in. He has another thing coming if he thinks he can use OUR club as a stepping stone to England, no chance my friend!!
    Last edited by gilberto_eire; 20/09/2008 at 3:24 PM.
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Dont agree with Gilberto often but it was deffo Alan Keane who f**ked up last night but redeemed himself by getting back to tackle Rice.

Fitzy Played well but the difference is our central midfield pairing who never let Rovers settle and werent afraid to put the boot in.Lester was immense motm but every player was brilliant last night .We can still stay up lads just believe.

Best atmosphere in years but lets concentrate on getting behind our own team rather than stupid moronic chants.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

it

doesnt show the error on you tube it could have been keane alright.
    fitzy though for the 1st rovers goal points out he is taken maguire and maguire ends up with a free header in the net. He laid on the utd goal though so he was better than his normal self but got caught bad for the rovers goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manofthemoment View Post
    I thought the 'thank u for taking Leechy' chant was funny,,,the chant ' Leechy u'r a w***ker' was moronic
    Agreed. It reminded me of the time some so called "fans" were calling Mark Herrick a w@nker and he replied by scoring for Cork and running over to the section of the stand where the chants came from. That shut them up. Many other ex United players have scored against us or played well against us under similar circumstances. Slagging Leech could have fired up to play better than he normally would; ignoring him would be far more benificial.

The same applies to verbally abusing the match officials. Disputing a referee's decision is part of the game but insulting will only sway 50/50 decisions in favour of the opponents.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Typical United. Before the match, it was unanimously agreed that we needed to win.

Now, after drawing the match (which we should have won), we are clapping each other on the back !

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Just to remind yee, www.galwayunitedfc.net is back up... Hint hint...

Also, Patrick Dunne makes a good point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dunne View Post
    Typical United. Before the match, it was unanimously agreed that we needed to win.

Now, after drawing the match (which we should have won), we are clapping each other on the back !
    Agree 100% Pa didn't want to be the first one to say something as one or two poster would accuse me of been a negative fan

We have played ''Brilliant'' three times this year, Pats= Draw, Derry=Lost(cup) and Rovers=Draw..... no wonder we're in the position we're in when after playing out of our skin we came away with less then what was needed.

People can try put whatever kind of spin they want onto the performance, bottom line is another opportunity to close the gap was lost, time is running out and a betting man wouldn't put his money down on us getting out of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    agree with the last few posts - 3 points were needed - just go read a few match reports on our amazing draw - our great play/dominance is not mentioned - think today fm said we were lucky to snatch a draw from rovers

points not performances

but yes more might go to terryland if the atmosphere is like friday
    more water!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    well they obviously had clowns covering the match. Anyone who could say we were lucky to draw was blind. Talking to a lot of Rovers fans afterwards and they felt they were blessed. We are 6 points off safety with a game in hand give the team a bit of credit for once.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    One thing stuck with me at full time as I looked around the pitch , the players looked like they had just been beaten 3-0 . I think we all know how close we were to our first win .......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    3 points were needed but with other results going our way we are still very much alive. we are 6 points off safety. We have 21 points to play for. If we continue to play like we played on Friday night we are a match for any team in this league. Keep the heads up lads, we can still stay up.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuisaSaigon View Post
    3 points were needed but with other results going our way we are still very much alive. we are 6 points off safety. We have 21 points to play for. If we continue to play like we played on Friday night we are a match for any team in this league. Keep the heads up lads, we can still stay up.
    See everyone always forgets one thing in all of this. We all think point gained and since the other teams lost we're grand, but have we forgot Harps/UCD/Cobh still have winnable games against each other and teams like Rovers and Bray??. 6 points could become 9 points next Friday, every time a win is'nt garnered, the pressure of getting 3 points get's moved on, as the while the games left get smaller and smaller and the more wins in those needed increase!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    exactly gilberto, whilst we will be lucky to get the draw next friday, harps will be looking at another 3 points down in bray !