View Poll Results: Best Album of 2002

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Interpol - Turn On The Bright Lights

    4 11.11%
  • Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

    3 8.33%
  • Sigur Ros - ( )

    1 2.78%
  • Beck - Sea Change

    0 0%
  • Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf

    5 13.89%
  • The Coral - The Coral

    0 0%
  • Badly Drawn Boy - About A Boy OST

    1 2.78%
  • The Streets - Original Pirate Material

    3 8.33%
  • The Libertines - Up The Bracket

    5 13.89%
  • Other

    14 38.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Best Album of 2002

  1. #1
    International Prospect jebus's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

    Best Album of 2002

    Voting Opens once the videos have gone up

    Interpol - NYC - Turn On The Bright Lights



    The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize? - Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots



    Sigur Ros - Vaka - ( )

    Last edited by jebus; 15/09/2008 at 4:50 PM.

  2. #2
    International Prospect jebus's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Beck - Lost Cause - Sea Change



    Queens Of The Stone Age - Millionaire - Songs For The Deaf



    The Coral - Dreaming Of You - The Coral

    Last edited by jebus; 15/09/2008 at 4:55 PM.

  3. #3
    International Prospect jebus's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Badly Drawn Boy - Silent Sigh - About A Boy



    The Streets - Don't Mug Yourself - Original Pirate Material



    The Libertines - Time For Heroes - Up The Bracket


  4. #4
    International Prospect jebus's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Odd choice for me this year, bar Queens of the Stone Age I own every album on that list, and I like them all, but I don't love a single one, so not sure what I'll go for here. At the time it would have been a toss up between Badly Drawn Boy, Sigur Ros and the Flaming Lips, but looking back I think I might prefer the offerings by the Libertines, Interpol and the Coral nowadays. I do think the Street's put out probably the most significant album of the year, it really did change and re-energise the UK garage scene, plus the whole cockney rapping thing has entered society to a degree that most of us would like to pretend it hasn't. (Seriously look over at the F365 forum and you'll see what sort of influence Mike Skinner has had on British, and to an extent Irish, society). Might need to think about this one

  5. #5
    Seasoned Pro holidaysong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dublin 9
    Posts
    3,981
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    110
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    My vote is Other: Mic Christopher - Skylarkin'

    I like the QOTSA and Sigur Rós albums from this year, as well as 'Riot Act' by Pearl Jam but Skylarkin' is one of my favourite albums. The title track 'Skylarking' being my favourite song on the album. 'Heyday' will be the song most of you know from it.
    www.dundalkfc.com

    Colin Scanlon - hero!

  6. #6
    Mack Daddy gustavo's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    7,699
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    390
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    178
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    I'll say A Rush of Blood to the head by Coldplay , probably my favourite album of theirs.
    Honorable mention to albums by the Vines and the Hives
    Last edited by gustavo; 15/09/2008 at 5:49 PM.

  7. #7
    First Team Stevo Da Gull's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bray
    Posts
    1,535
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    265
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    60
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    I'll go with QOTSA

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    I'll say A Rush of Blood to the head by Coldplay , probably my favourite album of theirs.
    Also a good shout.

  8. #8
    Coach superfrank's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Erotic City
    Posts
    6,945
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    417
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    30
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Scarface - The Fix. An instant hip hop classic.

    Honourable mentions to Jurassic 5, Missy Elliott, Nappy Roots and Snoop Dogg.
    Extratime.ie

    Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

    Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

    Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

  9. #9
    Seasoned Pro Bluebeard's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The past
    Posts
    3,025
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    347
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Other:
    Though not as heralded as some of his albums, David Bowie's Heathen is possibly his strongest work since the Berlin albums.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

    Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

  10. #10
    Seasoned Pro centre mid's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tinternet
    Posts
    2,960
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers, a great return to form for them.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

    Blog

  11. #11
    Coach superfrank's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Erotic City
    Posts
    6,945
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    417
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    30
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    Other:
    Though not as heralded as some of his albums, David Bowie's Heathen is possibly his strongest work since the Berlin albums.
    Scary Monsters...
    Extratime.ie

    Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

    Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

    Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,228
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Odd choice for me this year, bar Queens of the Stone Age I own every album on that list, and I like them all, but I don't love a single one, so not sure what I'll go for here. At the time it would have been a toss up between Badly Drawn Boy, Sigur Ros and the Flaming Lips, but looking back I think I might prefer the offerings by the Libertines, Interpol and the Coral nowadays. I do think the Street's put out probably the most significant album of the year, it really did change and re-energise the UK garage scene, plus the whole cockney rapping thing has entered society to a degree that most of us would like to pretend it hasn't. (Seriously look over at the F365 forum and you'll see what sort of influence Mike Skinner has had on British, and to an extent Irish, society). Might need to think about this one
    Your taste in music is seriously crap. All of the last three years polls I've voted other, and by the looks of it, so have most people. Put up some decent albums would you.
    I mean how can you not have By The Way in there? Come on man.
    Last edited by Pike B; 15/09/2008 at 6:46 PM.

  13. #13
    International Prospect jebus's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike B View Post
    Your taste in music is seriously crap. All of the last three years polls I've voted other, and by the looks of it, so have most people. Put up some decent albums would you.
    I mean how can you not have By The Way in there? Come on man.
    Because the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are liked by people who don't like music

  14. #14
    Now with extra sauce! Dodge's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Insomnia
    Posts
    23,528
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    663
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,676
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike B
    Are you for real? If this is your arguement then what is Music genius? I bet your one of these clowns who was in a band, or tried to be in a band and knows all about real music and spends his evenings in Dolan's with the real music people ya? Shower of Monkey's, worse than the yuppies in this town. Spare me. You and your poll are pointless.
    Jesus fellah, you realise there's nothing at stake here, its only a bit of craic? does it really matter who wins?
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

  15. #15
    Banned
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,228
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Jesus fellah, you realise there's nothing at stake here, its only a bit of craic? does it really matter who wins?
    Of course I realise. I just think that simply forcing your opinions on others is wrong. Red Hot Chili Peppers have a huge following in this country and yet according to the Gospel of Jebus they aren't real musicians!! A bit stong I thought.

  16. #16
    International Prospect jebus's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike B View Post
    Of course I realise. I just think that simply forcing your opinions on others is wrong. Red Hot Chili Peppers have a huge following in this country and yet according to the Gospel of Jebus they aren't real musicians!! A bit stong I thought.
    Forcing my opinions on people? Jesus Christ would you grow up

  17. #17
    Seasoned Pro centre mid's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tinternet
    Posts
    2,960
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Because the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are liked by people who don't like music
    Thats rubbish Jebus. You dont get to decide that.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

    Blog

  18. #18
    International Prospect jebus's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    Thats rubbish Jebus. You dont get to decide that.
    I don't get to decide my own opinion? How odd

  19. #19
    Seasoned Pro centre mid's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tinternet
    Posts
    2,960
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Qualify the statment then with "IMO" or some such.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

    Blog

  20. #20
    International Prospect jebus's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6,847
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    Qualify the statment then with "IMO" or some such.
    Why? If I'm saying it then it's obviously my opinion, or was I voted the mouthpiece for Foot.ie (maybe even Ireland with how worked up some of you are getting) while I was away?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Under Trapattoni are we better than 2002?
    By Block G Raptor in forum Ireland
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 13/02/2008, 1:22 PM
  2. Table as at 8 Jan 2002
    By RamblersWeb in forum Predictions League
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09/01/2003, 7:32 PM
  3. Slane 2002
    By Ruairi in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15/05/2002, 12:53 PM
  4. 2002/03 fixtures
    By joe in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30/04/2002, 12:12 PM
  5. 2002
    By paddy_last in forum Ireland
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21/06/2001, 1:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •