Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: League Cup Final in Wexford...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I try to keep track of the appearance and goal stats for the Youths and we've used a massive number of players in our short existence. I think I had 47 on my spreadsheet the other day and we've had one more debut since then. It's crazy, also our most capped players now have over 60 league games behind them.
    Obviously some lads didn't make the grade and some were helping out in an hour of need. However, it just reinforces my long held belief that you cannot hold an amateur side together long enough to compete at a high level. I wish it was different but I don't think so

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
    Obviously some lads didn't make the grade and some were helping out in an hour of need. However, it just reinforces my long held belief that you cannot hold an amateur side together long enough to compete at a high level. I wish it was different but I don't think so
    I'd definitely agree, the only plus side is that there is a fairly solid core that have been there from the start, with Conor, Patsy and Anto all having played around 60 games in the league.

Mick is probably a little too quick to throw the young lads in, he seems to have a short memory and as soon as he sees a new bunch of successful young lads he ditches the older fellas. I suppose that's ingrained from having to build underage teams from scratch every season.

Not too many really high quality lads have been lost, Ducker is probably the most high profile I suppose and if there was more of a financial incentive maybe a few fellas that have dedicated themselves to the GAA might have been tempted along.

A win on Saturday would be a truly remarkable result and could only bode well for the long term success of the club, and should help garner much more support from the local community, and more importantly the local authority. Wexford County council should be following the lead of South Dublin CC in helping to develop Ferrycarrig Park as a community facility, which Wallace has always maintained is his primary goal anyway.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    . Wexford County council should be following the lead of South Dublin CC in helping to develop Ferrycarrig Park as a community facility, which Wallace has always maintained is his primary goal anyway.
    I can't see that happening. Mick is providing this for the community anyway and his relationship with Wexford Co. Co. is best left unsaid. He doesn't appear to me as a committee sort of chap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Paul Murphy out of the final with a cruciate ligament injury in training....
    YNWA LFC
    Forza Youths!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Wexford Echo has 12 pages this week including a lovely article from Magicme. It includes a picture of the 17 who formed the squad for our first match in Monaghan in March 2007. 11 of them have gone (if you include Locky).
    Good pullout in Echo alright don't forget Magicme pic

Murphy is out for sure be interesting to see if we play with 5 across the middle with one upfront or two up front
    And Miles To Go Before We Sleep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Aw shucks lads!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    What a day for football (soccer!!!!) in the county. The Wexford People aka Hurling Weekly has 6 pages devoted to the League Cup Final. I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime. I'm saving it for a good read at lunchtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youths4Ever View Post
    It is a good read as well don't forget the back page which makes 7 pages of soccer in Hurling Weekly
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaForth View Post
    Wexford Echo has 12 pages this week including a lovely article from Magicme. It includes a picture of the 17 who formed the squad for our first match in Monaghan in March 2007. 11 of them have gone (if you include Locky).
    Quote Originally Posted by Youths4Ever View Post
    Good pullout in Echo alright don't forget Magicme pic
    Could any of these possibly be posted online?

Ta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    Could any of these possibly be posted online?

Ta
    The Echo only posts up selected bits on the web and none of the stuff about the final is up. The People is similar and usually about a week behind before it gets online. I went trying to find a copy on my lunch today, discovered Easons on Dawson St no longer exists and they hadn't got either in Reads on Nassau St

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    The Echo only posts up selected bits on the web and none of the stuff about the final is up. The People is similar and usually about a week behind before it gets online. I went trying to find a copy on my lunch today, discovered Easons on Dawson St no longer exists and they hadn't got either in Reads on Nassau St
    No worries.

You'll prob get it downstairs Easons on O'Connell St. by the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thischarmingman View Post
    No worries.

You'll prob get it downstairs Easons on O'Connell St. by the way.
    Ya just too far to walk on my bloody lunch time! I'll try pick them up tomorrow after work, before heading to Tolka for Rovers and Bohs.

I'd love to be going to Ferrycarrig on Saturday, the optimism and excitement are really building up nicely, I set the digibox to record it earlier, hopefully I'll get to watch it live too.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Not wanting to be personal Mr. Passing but what keeps you from retuning to the Model County more often? As a native of Dirty Dublin, I have to accept it must be important to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Not wanting to be personal Mr. Passing but what keeps you from retuning to the Model County more often? As a native of Dirty Dublin, I have to accept it must be important to you
    I'll PM you rather than post my ramblings here!

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    It seems you have private messages disabled so I'll go off topic!

Not driving at the moment doesn't help. Living up here for nearly seven years, five years since I used to go home every weekend, buying a house up here in the last six months, playing football up here, working up here means I've pretty much settled here full time. To be honest I've felt at home here from the day I moved up for college. Don't think I could ever cope with living in the middle on nowhere again (and home in Wexford really is middle of nowhere). My house now is just out of view in those ariel shots of Tallaght Stadium, the girlfriend is Dublin through and through and I doubt I could move her out even if I wanted to!

I was actually down there last weekend, and try to get down about once a month or at least every two months. I had a prior commitment this Saturday unfortunately and couldn't back out. Wexford will always be what made me and close to my heart, the Youths are particularly close considering I know a few of the lads and I'm a fan of Irish football and have been a supporter of Wallace and his philosophy for a long time.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Cheers Passing. I did the opposite. Born & bred as a Dub and moved down at 23yrs of age. I'll never want to return as this is where the heart is now.

My son is following the same route as you, up in college and feeling out of sorts when he comes home. All part of the process.

On a totally different topic, you are a very bad man, you know what you've done..........
    poor Paul. (made me laugh though)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Anyone know what the story is with parking? The was a rumour that only full cars would be let in or that only cars with a permit would get in?
    Well be full but have no permit.
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Splurge View Post
    Anyone know what the story is with parking? The was a rumour that only full cars would be let in or that only cars with a permit would get in?
    Well be full but have no permit.
    Wexford Supporters

A free shuttle bus will run from Wexford Race Course. Please use the entrance close to Boggan’s Garage for parking. Car Park will be supervised at all times. First bus will leave race course at 5.30pm.

Buses will be available to return to car park from 5 minutes before the end of the game.

Derry Supporters

Parking will be available near the ground. On the approach to the pitch via the N11 through Enniscorthy and Oylgate there will be electronic signs to highlight the direction to follow.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sammy Morrow 0-1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Niall McGinn 0-2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1-2 Furlong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1-3 Deery Clearly no contest wexford score and Derry go straight down and score.Just thought we were in for a better contest in all.Ah well

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast