Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1615

Thread: LOI In Europe 2020

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    If Dundalk can't play in the Aviva and don't want to play in Tallaght, could they be asked to play in Thomond instead? I assume UEFA would prefer that over Windsor as Thomond is in the 26 counties and should easily meet UEFA's Cat 4 standards.

2. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayspasser View Post
    If Dundalk can't play in the Aviva and don't want to play in Tallaght, could they be asked to play in Thomond instead? I assume UEFA would prefer that over Windsor as Thomond is in the 26 counties and should easily meet UEFA's Cat 4 standards.
    Why would Dundalk not want to play in Tallaght - the opening match against Molde was previously announced for Tallaght Stadium. Presumably if an impasse around the Aviva remains, all three home matches will take place there

It is good craic that some deluded Hoops think they and not SDCC will benefit from the rent

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Why would Dundalk not want to play in Tallaght
    Why else would they consider moving the games to Windsor - if there is any truth to that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Why would Dundalk not want to play in Tallaght - the opening match against Molde was previously announced for Tallaght Stadium. Presumably if an impasse around the Aviva remains, all three home matches will take pla

It is good craic that some deluded Hoops think they and not SDCC will benefit from the rent
    Peak 6 pay SDCC rent on the stadium helping the overall economics , it's not hard to understand really when counccilers are looking at on going support for the stadium. Given peak 6 s lack of interest in doing anything for DFC fans in oriel it is apredictable few bob a year provided DFC keep qualifying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    If peak 6 are prepared to contribute to SDCC rather than spend money in oriel it helps with the economics.
    If you can't see how that helps rovers you need to open your eyes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    How many LOI grounds would actually pass for European group stage football?

If Waterford or Sligo ever made it, would they have to move their home games?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If peak 6 are prepared to contribute to SDCC rather than spend money in oriel it helps with the economics.
    If you can't see how that helps rovers you need to open your eyes
    SDCC have already allocated their budget for the final stand, but I suppose the additional income will help justify the outlay. Whats the rent per game? Ive heard 10k for DFC but sounds far too little. Maybe it was % of gate on top of a flat fee previously which would makes sense but not relevant this time. It helps SRFC indirectly by adding to the capacity and potential crowd for Rovers but Rover have to make use of the capacity to make any gain. So there is definitely benefit to the ground making money for SDCC and indirectly for Rovers. I dont see why Dundalk would have issue tbh unless the terms of rental get pushed out. Its frustrating that that money isnt going to Oriel Park but tbh what the rent would be would make a small impact on Oriel unless it goes on for so many games that eventually it adds up. In the mean time its a necessary option. I dont know where the Windsor Park stuff came from but I doubt the club had anything to do with those rumours. We have played enough in Tallaght and The Aviva for them to be a bit of a home from home where players are familiar with the surroundings crowd or not. Things are bad enough without crowds but at least the enclosed nature of Landsdowne and now Tallaght is a small help. Thomond is too open especially if weather is blustery. IRFU having their booking in for kicking practice but that is usually for no more than a few hours. The Dundalk game could be a night time kick-off, there just would be no training on the day beforehand. It could be managed if the FAI had a pair.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 11/10/2020 at 11:14 AM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post

Just Tallaght and the Aviva as far as I know. The RDS possibly too.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    SDCC have already allocated their budget for the final stand, but I suppose the additional income will help justify the outlay. Whats the rent per game? Ive heard 10k for DFC but sounds far too little.
    Dan McDonnell said 25k for the Aviva. I can only assume Tallaght would cost more because I can't see Dundalk going out of their way to give the FAI money if there's a cheaper option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Be interesting if the National Stadium is cheaper than Tallaght (assuming there isnt a typo above CD?) but its possible if the FAI are trying to minimise costs for clubs at the moment. Tbh I dont think the club would be bothered either way about money going to the FAI. Stories of childlike tantrums are greatly exaggerated - especially if The Aviva is cheaper. It could well be that playing in Tallaght needs some prep to host the games that is already sorted at The Aviva.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    Mad to think the Aviva would be cheaper than Tallaght, I was bewildered as to why you'd bother with the Aviva when fans can't go anyway. The whole thing seems a bit mad, it seems incredible that both kicking practise for the rugger and a match could not be worked around each other.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    The only thing I can think of is that there is no need to either adapt a few things in Tallaght to meet UEFA requirements, seek some dispensations as opposed to everything already in place at the Aviva. Iirc there are a few requirements for Tallaght to be done to make it Cat 4. Small things eg high level camera positions behind both goals. Maybe its seen as some sort of boost for players to be playing in the national stadium with the lack of crowds. Who knows!!??

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Be interesting if the National Stadium is cheaper than Tallaght (assuming there isnt a typo above CD?) but its possible if the FAI are trying to minimise costs for clubs at the moment. Tbh I dont think the club would be bothered either way about money going to the FAI. Stories of childlike tantrums are greatly exaggerated - especially if The Aviva is cheaper. It could well be that playing in Tallaght needs some prep to host the games that is already sorted at The Aviva.
    The FAI are financially fcuked. There's no way they'd be doing an LOI club a favour on the rent for games there, unless they were afraid of losing them to somewhere else (and thereby getting no money).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    The FAI are financially fcuked. There's no way they'd be doing an LOI club a favour on the rent for games there, unless they were afraid of losing them to somewhere else (and thereby getting no money).
    Really???

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Really???
    It's regrettable that it had to be spelled out for you there

18. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post

Our ground. Dont forget that we hosted the UEFA under 17 group stages in Bishopsgate last year. We have reopened the area behind the goal with new seats. Based on that I would be confident we would pass UEFA inspection.My only issue is that there isnt enough cover especially at the side near where Section O is.

But only if a NW/Northern side/midlands side made Europe .Think our capacity is back to over 5000 as we had 300 fans at last home game due to the new extra seats being put in!
    Last edited by Martinho II; 11/10/2020 at 6:12 PM.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,214 Posts
    Longford is a long way off hosting EL group games.

Lots of grounds hosted the U17 Euros. Bray did. A few extra seats won't help them host an EL group match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Our ground. Dont forget that we hosted the UEFA under 17 group stages in Bishopsgate last year. We have reopened the area behind the goal with new seats. Based on that I would be confident we would pass UEFA inspection.My only issue is that there isnt enough cover especially at the side near where Section O is.

But only if a NW/Northern side/midlands side made Europe .Think our capacity is back to over 5000 as we had 300 fans at last home game due to the new extra seats being put in!
    5000 media positions, car parking for 100k etc. Seriously though to be a Cat 4 stadium there are some ridiculous criteria for smaller leagues. Covered seating for fans probably is lower ranked than having corporate facilities. Control and medical rooms would probably cost an entire season of sold out gate receipts. Tallaght currently still needs dispensation from UEFA to be used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Tallaght and Aviva Stadium are the only Cat 4 stadia in the country as far as I'm aware. I don't think Thomond Park qualifies either.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Tallaght isn't category 4 but it's good enough that it can put a reasonable case forward for an exemption.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that with the improvements to main stand and the new stand going up that it will bring it up to category 4. I'm not sure if that's 100% true because there is a lot needed for that but Im sure it will bring it close enough to get exemptions in the future.

Page 59 of 81 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast