Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: American Politics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Hunter was earning $50k per month. Bear in mind this guy was completely unqualified for such a position and was discharged from the army for cocaine addiction. The guy is nothing short of a car crash and most companies that you or I would be aware of wouldn’t entrust governance into someone with that kind of track record. It’s fair to assume that daddy Biden had something to do with Hunter getting this sweet gig.
    Ivanka Trump likes this.

Edit - sorry don't know how i missed this until now.
    Last edited by Real ale Madrid; 06/11/2019 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    The guy is nothing short of a car crash and most companies that you or I would be aware of wouldn’t entrust governance into someone with that kind of track record.
    I give you: President Donald Trump

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    Thanks Dahamsta for giving us President Donald Trump. He has proved himself to be the best president America has ever seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    I don't engage with Trumpists, find someone else to validate your ridiculous opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    As seen as we are throwing out Trump quotes here is an interesting transcript to a Q on Tariffs. It's difficult to read as its largely incoherent but a great insight into 'The Greatest President America has ever seen'

Last edited by Real ale Madrid; 13/11/2019 at 9:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    Ivanka Trump likes this.

Edit - sorry don't know how i missed this until now.
    Despite her one or two failed business ventures (she is in great company in that regard by the way), i think that any review of Ivanka compares very favourably with Hunter Biden. Find me 3 or 4 links that speak in any way positive of his roles in business or politics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rumps-success/

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...-quiet-success

https://learningenglish.voanews.com/...s/4996524.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/ivan...l-story-2018-7

Yeah, good one. Are you a WUM? You might want to infract yourself 63m people voted to give him the chance to run the country. About half the population of the biggest country in the world, 30.5 states and about 60% of the electoral votes. And he is doing a mighty fine job on many fronts despite the most unjustly hostile opposition and media that i can ever recall, possibly ever.

I don't engage with Trumpists, find someone else to validate your ridiculous opinions.
    So why did you quote me? Probably shouldnt do that if you "dont engage with Trumpists" haha - but i am not sure you can help yourself as he appears to be living rent-free inside yours (and RAM's) head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Despite her one or two failed business ventures (she is in great company in that regard by the way), i think that any review of Ivanka compares very favourably with Hunter Biden. Find me 3 or 4 links that speak in any way positive of his roles in business or politics.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rumps-success/

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...-quiet-success

https://learningenglish.voanews.com/...s/4996524.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/ivan...l-story-2018-7
    I don't really know about either but just pointing out the obvious Hypocrisy in your post lamenting Biden's unsuitability for his position ( same as Ivanka ) and the nepotism that led him to it ( same as Ivanka )

he appears to be living rent-free inside yours (and RAM's) head.
    What a strange thing to say.

Just because you can hear and understand the high pitched ramblings of the biggest and loudest Dog whistler in history, and the rest of us can't doesn't mean obsession it really just means concern and in many cases confusion.
    Last edited by Real ale Madrid; 14/11/2019 at 8:28 AM.

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    No question Ivanka is superior to Hunter Biden.

Very hard to criticise a woman who has created 14 million new jobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/pledge-to-americas-workers/

Thanks for drawing my attention to this initiative. Pretty interesting that they have in excess of 14 million pledges from over 300 companies to create or expand training and upskilling opportunities to people who are on the sidelines or whose existing jobs mean that they need to consider alternative career paths. Pretty admirable, even if Trump was loose with the details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    The policy itself is admirable, but the lies are not.

Was he loose with the details in Feb 2019 when he said 6.5 million new jobs were created and that "These are jobs that, for the most part, would not have happened"?

Was his daughter loose with the details in October 2018 when she said that "We’re up to 6.3 million new jobs"?

I mean, why not just put the proper statistics forward? Why lie to make them sound better?

You made a conscious choice to characterise this as 'loose with the details'...it's honestly quite sad to see.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    I know this isn't the ideal approach to take in discussing this, but - since you brought up "lies" - do you think all other politicians generally do not lie or stretch the truth or get loose with details?? Do you really think this? Why is it only sad to see when someone defends Trumps approach to facts or lies - and not those of his predecessors or, frankly, any politician anywhere in the world? Do you hold him to a higher standard than others? Why?

Generally speaking, i dont really know what you are getting at early in your post. You have provided no sources and no context on the quotes you are attributing to them. From the article you quoted:

Under President Trump, the economy has continued to add jobs at roughly the same rate as it had at the end of the Obama era, and unemployment has fallen to a 50-year low.

The total number of jobs created since President Trump took office is roughly 6 million
    It really depends on how you define a "new job created" and what data points and/or timelines youre looking at. Either way, it looks like the article you quoted is okay with playing loose with the details too as the administrations release I linked to talks about 5.3m jobs (no idea on time range).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Both ar claims made about the number of jobs created through the Pledge to America's Workers, rather than general job creation:
    Take Trump’s claim in February that his daughter Ivanka created “millions of jobs” through the Pledge to America’s Workers, a White House initiative to encourage professional development for workers across different industries. Trump later provided a more specific number: “Think of it: 6.5 million. And these are jobs that, for the most part, would not have happened.”
    https://projects.propublica.org/grap...p-job-promises

Ivanka herself has conflated jobs with training programs in the past.

“We’re up to 6.3 million new jobs,” Ivanka Trump said at a White House event to promote the initiative last year. But the company officials that signed the pledge told CNN after the event that the number Ivanka cited “largely represented a tally of already-planned training programs rather than the brand-new opportunities Ivanka Trump claimed.”
    https://www.salon.com/2019/11/13/tru...ually-created/

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    The only White House fact/statistic that stands scrutiny is the number of lies Trump has told since taking office. As of Dec 10, Trump has told over 15,000 lies/untruths.

Fact Checker: Trump has made 15,413 false or misleading claims over 1,055 days - huffpost

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    The only White House fact/statistic that stands scrutiny is the number of lies Trump has told since taking office. As of Dec 10, Trump has told over 15,000 lies/untruths.

Fact Checker: Trump has made 15,413 false or misleading claims over 1,055 days - huffpost
    Huffpost is a great source of information if you don't like Donald Trump. Try finding something good they have said about him over the last three years. Think about that for a second - not one good word to say about him despite his myriad of wonderful achievements. Take it from someone who lives in America - we are being lied to all day long by the mainstream media and Donald Trump scares them to their core.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    What myriad wonderful achievements?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    What myriad wonderful achievements?
    Lowest unemployment in 50 years. Redoing of a trade agreement with China which was decades overdue. The redoing of the MCA trade agreement. The strengthening of the military which had been decimated under Obama. The meetings with N. Korea which stopped Kim (albeit temporarily) from firing his missiles. The appointment of two Supreme Court judges and hundreds of lower Court conservative judges. The revealing to the American public about the Deep State, which no previous president ever told us about.
    I'm sure I could come up with more if I had time

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    How much of that was him though?

The lad's a brain dead buffoon.

I don't see the relevance of appointing judges tbh. The Deep State sounds like a conspiracy theory thrown at masses to keep them happy.

His negative contributions to global warming and science will supersede any of those. Not to mention being impeached for abuse of power. Though I get the feeling you'd be of a mind to overlook his impeachment tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-conten...19-820x492.png

The unemployment rate fell more quickly under Obama, you can see the curve flatten out noticeably in 2016. Not that I expect President Dunning Kruger to give his predecessor any credit.

22. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    How much of that was him though?

The lad's a brain dead buffoon.

I don't see the relevance of appointing judges tbh. The Deep State sounds like a conspiracy theory thrown at masses to keep them happy.

His negative contributions to global warming and science will supersede any of those. Not to mention being impeached for abuse of power. Though I get the feeling you'd be of a mind to overlook his impeachment tbh
    If he's brain dead we should all be brain dead. You just cannot be serious with a comment like that. And please tell me what power he abused? And while you're at it can you tell us what Pelosi who has called Trump an existential threat for three years, is not now going forward with impeachment, after last week's vote?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    You could not be more wrong

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast