Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts
    that's all well and good but if he isn't doing the business he will lose his place.

Good that he is getting game time for sure but if he's not scoring yet he's not ready which means he's not ready for the national team.

We will see. Just pointing out that it's a slight concern.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    I think everyone just needs to be patient with Parrott considering how young he is.

At his age Harry Kane was in the exact same spot, on loan at Millwall. It took him a few more years and loan spells to really kick on, so it's very early days to be expecting much from Parrott.
    I think I heard Ray Houghton say that nobody expected Harry Kane to become as good as he has !

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,093 Posts
    I think everyone just needs to be patient with Parrott considering how young he is.

At his age Harry Kane was in the exact same spot, on loan at Millwall. It took him a few more years and loan spells to really kick on, so it's very early days to be expecting much from Parrott.
    At 18, Harry Kane was at League One and scored 5 goals in 18 games for Leyton Orient. Based on his performances, that is attainable for Troy at Championship level!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    At 18, Harry Kane was at League One and scored 5 goals in 18 games for Leyton Orient. Based on his performances, that is attainable for Troy at Championship level!
    Well, he's on 0 for 6 right now, so he now needs 5 in 12 to meet your attainable target. Maybe it's attainable, but I think that's a bit optimistic.

5. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Millwall are a division higher in fairness

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Well, he's on 0 for 6 right now, so he now needs 5 in 12 to meet your attainable target. Maybe it's attainable, but I think that's a bit optimistic.
    Minutes on the field and all that ~~ Stats !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Kane was 17 when he was Orient and then moved to Millwall in the summer after at the same age as Parrott. He scored 7 goals for them that season, lets give him the whole season to see how he fares in comparison.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Kane was 17 when he was Orient and then moved to Millwall in the summer after at the same age as Parrott. He scored 7 goals for them that season, lets give him the whole season to see how he fares in comparison.
    TP is one of a number of young striker prospects in English football who has a better than average chance of making it at the top level. (And as a Spurs fan, I hope he does)

Whereas HK is a world class, once-in-a-generation striker, like eg Shearer or Lineker before him.

There is nothing to be gained by comparing the two.

It is reasonable to hope that TP might be eg another Theo Walcott or Robbie Keane, though there is also the possibility of his being eg the next Francis Jeffers. Or (just as likely) somewhere in between.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    TP is one of a number of young striker prospects in English football who has a better than average chance of making it at the top level. (And as a Spurs fan, I hope he does)

Whereas HK is a world class, once-in-a-generation striker, like eg Shearer or Lineker before him.

It is reasonable to hope that TP might be eg another Theo Walcott or Robbie Keane, though there is also the possibility of his being eg the next Francis Jeffers. Or (just as likely) somewhere in between.
    hopefully not. overhyped bit part player in reality

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    No he moved to Millwaill in January until the end of that season. From wiki:

On 29 December 2011, Kane and Tottenham teammate Ryan Mason agreed to join Championship club Millwall on loan from 1 January 2012 until the end of the season.[42] After making his debut against Bristol City, manager Kenny Jackett said that he had "very good debut" but was "unlucky not to score". He also said that Kane would "be a good addition" for the club in the second half of the season. He went on to score seven goals in the final 14 matches of the season.[34] Kane scored nine goals in 27 matches which resulted in him being named Millwall's Young Player of the Year for 2011–12.[43] His run of goals scored towards the end of the season has been credited with helping to raise Millwall in the table away from the threat of relegation that season.[44]
    I get the initial reason about why Kane was brought into this thread - i.e. Parrott still young so no need to panic plus the Spurs / Millwall angle but it is probably best not to extrapolate out too much from Kane's averages loans spells - there's no logic to it!!! Kane will probably go on to become the 2nd highest PL scorer of all time.

I do see Harvey Elliot doing well at Blackburn with goals and assists so hopefully Troy can make a telling impact soon. I don't really go with the typw of football doesn't suit him stuff etc. If you are a quality player even at 18/19 you will show it in moments and the coaches / fans etc. will spot that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Agree 100%. I was clumsily (!) trying to say something similar.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Oh I agree compeltely. I was using the comparison for that reason. Kane is one of, it not the best striker in the world. Parrott's career path is similar thus far and it's a good way to temper expectations when a player of Kane's level didn't excel until his 20s.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    hopefully not. overhyped bit part player in reality
    Agree he never became the Superstar everyone was predicting.

But 400 top flight appearances and 47 England caps by the age of 31 is not to be sniffed at.

Put it this way, I'd have a player like him in the NI team in a heartbeat!

And Kenny would do the same for ROI, too.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Exactly, few posters need to take a deep breath. Parrott has a lot of potential but it may take a few seasons to see that develop, we're not looking at a Jadon Sancho or Raheem Sterling type talent here. These are the exceptions and most players take longer. Watched most of the match the other night and was surprised at the quality (or lack of). People on here scream for the young players to go on loan, looking at Kelleher maybe its not always the right decision. Spurs have a 16 year old striker coming through at the moment, seems to be taking the slot vacated by Parrott. Anyway, he will learn something from the loan, going on game the other night battling a 6ft plus centre back for a long punt will be one of the things he may learn.

20. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Exgrad View Post
    Exactly, few posters need to take a deep breath. Parrott has a lot of potential but it may take a few seasons to see that develop, we're not looking at a Jadon Sancho or Raheem Sterling type talent here. These are the exceptions and most players take longer. Watched most of the match the other night and was surprised at the quality (or lack of). People on here scream for the young players to go on loan, looking at Kelleher maybe its not always the right decision. Spurs have a 16 year old striker coming through at the moment, seems to be taking the slot vacated by Parrott. Anyway, he will learn something from the loan, going on game the other night battling a 6ft plus centre back for a long punt will be one of the things he may learn.
    Back in and try to get away with it (wink)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    He was world class at youth level. I watch a lot of youth football and he stood out as one of the best young players in youth football for his age group. Even with that, there is a huge jump to men's football. Millwall play horrible football. Far worse than Tottenham youth teams but if he is the real deal or at least has the potential to be, he will adapt and begin to learn. Playing in front if some of the most hostile fans around is also part of the learning.

Steven Gerrard mentioned once that Joxer Kelly was one of the best young players he has ever seen. His life outside of football was all over the shop and Gerrard had him living with him for a while to try and keep him on the straight and narrow. That didn't work. These days there are even more distractions for young lads.

I see glimpses of a really good player, but Knight, O'Shea and Collins have already shown something that he hasn't. They have all played very well at Championship level. I think Knight has an unreal ceiling and I see Rooney has namechecked him as an outstanding talent. Lampard liked him as well.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts
    Knight will play for a top English or European club unless he's unlucky with injuries I think. Seems to have everything you would want from a young midfielder - passing, tacking, dribbling, goals, a great engine and a really good attitude too. Collins also looks to have the potential to go on to good things. Important to remember though that Parrott is a year younger than both of those lads and three years younger than O'Shea and Molumby, who have only really broken through at senior level in the last year. There are no guarantees for him but he has plenty of time on his side at the moment.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    25 minutes gone, Boro 3-0 up. Parrott has touched the ball once. Millwall simply awful. Aimless long balls, need Matt Smith on if they persist playing so primitively

26. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Parrott has dropped a lot deeper since they have gone 3 down and is working very hard in fairness to him. He shows touches of class but holds onto to ball too long sometimes. It's like he thinks he's their best player and is trying to make something happen. He's probably right but I'm not sure he's creative enough to be playing that deep, you'd like someone to be feeding him the ball around the box and let him be selfish with it in dangerous areas. Millwall are a horrific team though

28. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Hes come off on the hour again. Fair to say this loan not going as well as we hoped

30. Thanks From:

Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast