Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    You can't get your news from Vox though Real. I mean...of all the crazy news people going on and on now..they have to be at the absolute bottom of the boat. Some of my office friends seem to get their news fro mLouis CK and i would respect it more than Vox. I don't even know how to shape into words how awful Vox is. All due respect to you. I would even take someone like Rachel Maddow or Chris Mathews to be more objective than Vox. Its almost comical that you would quote Vox. Have you seen the things they have said over the last year that they had to retract? Or even the other stuff...like Obama stutters without a teleprompter and hems and haws BC he is SO smart that he has SO MANY ideas at once and cant decide which one to say. yeah ok lol. Vox is like talking to a 2 year old. BTW they don't seem to understand the difference between "refugee" and "economic migrant." It's pretty simple really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    You can't get your news from Vox though Real. I mean...of all the crazy news people going on and on now..they have to be at the absolute bottom of the boat. Some of my office friends seem to get their news fro mLouis CK and i would respect it more than Vox. I don't even know how to shape into words how awful Vox is. All due respect to you. I would even take someone like Rachel Maddow or Chris Mathews to be more objective than Vox. Its almost comical that you would quote Vox. Have you seen the things they have said over the last year that they had to retract? Or even the other stuff...like Obama stutters without a teleprompter and hems and haws BC he is SO smart that he has SO MANY ideas at once and cant decide which one to say. yeah ok lol. Vox is like talking to a 2 year old. BTW they don't seem to understand the difference between "refugee" and "economic migrant." It's pretty simple really.
    What the hell are you blabbering on about? Here are a few more if you don't like vox

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/01/tru...cy-comparison/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ration-restri/

http://wapo.st/2jt4DQY?tid=ss_tw-amp

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    483 Posts
    What's the betting that despite the current affairs forum being one of the runts of the litter that this thread ends up being bigger than "Eligibility Rules - Okay" by the end of the 4 or (god forbid) 8 years?
    Last edited by backstothewall; 03/02/2017 at 11:04 PM.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    RAM you've just backed up a sh!tty source with three equally sh!tty and biased references.

I did a search for articles closer to the time - before everything you read became completely partisan and narrative based - and picked a random article that reported what happened.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qae...ry?id=20931131

As a result of the Kentucky case, the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News – even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays, two U.S. officials said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    It's literally mind blowingly ironic that you find it difficult to differentiate between facts and his real faults when you prefaced that statement with one of his own lies that you took as a fact. Sensational stupidity.

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/31/1...fugee-ban-2011
    You're citing Vox!

It is this trend that has made VOX a reliable mouthpiece for Hillary Clinton, who has relied heavily on donations from Wall Street this election—leading her opponent in money from hedge funds as of July of this year. VOX’s headlines over the past year have reinforced whatever narrative the former Secretary of State’s campaign was pushing at that moment, from the idea that she was representing Obama’s third term to the idea that Sanders’ campaign was unraveling—an idea we now know was directly advocated for by high-ranking DNC officials.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Good to have you back Stu. I thought you had left for good. At no stage during the Obama administration were Iraqui refugees stopped from entering or were any of them denied visas by way of a blanket ban. - there was a legitimate delay on foot of a genuine threat and as the volume was at its peak there was casualties no question.

Any fair minded person would not , having read about the issue, in any way at all, compare what went on during the Obama administration with what Trump did last week. Which is what was inferred previously, which is ridiculous.

What next - are we going to find articles about the Bowling Green massacre? Or how women should dress? How about articles refuting the death Frederick Douglass - he's doing a great job you know! Mental.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    You're citing Vox!
    Good comeback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    And hopefully some good news?

Am I allowed link to the BBC I wonder......

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-can...l&ns_campaign=

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    No, not gone away. Just enjoying a new job and watching the liberal left in the States destroy itself more and more each day which says more than I ever could about the state they are in. It would really be quite funny if they weren't promoting violence against Trump supporters and encouraging their own supporters to engage in actual physical violence and rioting. Sad!

My point in quoting the article from abc was to show the language being used to describe the Obama ban 4 years ago and how it is similar to what is being done by Trump. All you are arguing in your post above is just semantics. Same intent, same effect.

You do realize the vacuous stupidity and levels of denial involved in saying "durr muh it wasn't even a massacre in bowling green, these guys don't know what they're doing. Reeeeeeeee!!" Instead of accepting the conspiracy that was taking place in Bowling Green as good reasoning why the best screening/vetting is important. Or picking at ambiguity in spoken words of Trump as sure fire evidence that he thought Douglass was alive and therefore not fit to hold office. Not sure about the reference to how women should dress but im guessing it's some reference to Islam.

13. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    watching the liberal left in the States destroy itself more and more each day
    You'd be run out of Dalymount Park these days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    You'd be run out of Dalymount Park these days
    Ha! I know, I know... (there's a reason I added "in the States"!)

to be honest I'm fairly liberal all things being told; I just also think there's a balance to be brought to the discussion of this issue (refugee pause) and this political moment (President Trump) and I feel that any semblance of balance is sorely missing which has had the effect of highlighting that I am not supportive of liberalism for the sake of liberalism. There's a need for a return of common sense.

I support refugees and immigration of course but I also recognize the need for a country like the USA to ensure immigration occurs as safely as possible and to a standard deemed acceptable by the administration. For Trump to ask for a 3 month pause while they ascertain the process and potential improvements to it is fairly understandable to me just as a general observer of world affairs. Like, I get why.

There's no reasonable expectation of a right to be allowed entry into whatever country a person wants and, if someone is asking for admission, he/she needs to meet the criteria set by that country, however overly stringent or arbitrary they may appear - that's a sovereign nations right.

I think the ban was rolled out very poorly.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    I guess you can never be too careful alright , there are a lot of 'bad dudes' out there, a really 'bad dude' opened fire at a mosque the other day, didn't get a mention on the old twitter, but a machete welding UAE tourist (a country not on your hilariously named 'refugee pause' by the way) had Mr Trump on the twitter machine so fast , I mean really fast, so you know, no agenda here folks.

Anyway let's agree to disagree for a while and review after 100 days, it seems pointless arguing anyway, you dismiss every source I use to back up my argument and you dismissed my argument last night as semantics, which is particularly ironic given that you admitted that you had no clue of the vetting process in the US last week.

In the words of the man himself "WAKE UP SKSTU"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    I knew "refugee pause" would trigger you. This is too easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Its a good one - I'll give you that. FAKE NEWS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lfse9ygELs

Bill Clinton receives a standing ovation after his speech imploring the deportation of illegal immigrants in 1995.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    I posted that already and it got shot down.

"It was wrong then and it is wrong now" was the only response of note. There's something apparently very wrong with wanting to stop people from illegally entering a country.

The hypocrisy apparently doesn't matter either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I posted that already and it got shot down.

"It was wrong then and it is wrong now" was the only response of note. There's something apparently very wrong with wanting to stop people from illegally entering a country.

The hypocrisy apparently doesn't matter either.
    It didn't get shot down but sure you knew that anyway. What would you know about entering a country illegally? You admitted you knew nothing of the vetting process last week. What makes you so informed now?

I see Trump has called out the ' so called ' judge that has put a stay on his racist EO. Looking forward to your assessment of his silence regarding the white supremacist who murdered those Muslims a few days ago but his almost immediate reaction to the machete attack in Paris. Or has the media narrative not cranked up against Trump's agenda enough yet?

WiSE UP SKSTU!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    What's racist about it? I thought Aisling Brady McCarthy should have been booted out of the country long before she was accused of infanticide. Does that make me racist against myself?

The logic behind Trump being racist and sexist is pretty thin TBF. Hillary Clinton's connections to the KKK (Robert Byrd) are stronger than Trump's (his father's connections to the KKK having been thoroughly debunked).

And I'd be more concerned about her husband sticking cigars up the private parts of interns then I would be Trump's braggadocio about "grabbing them by the p****".

It's pretty amusing to see the likes of HuffPost and Slate getting into a tizzy over such nonsense when the other candidate's husband has actually paid settlements to non-imaginary sexual assault victims.

Hey Madrid, what do you think about Clinton being given the questions before the debates?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    It didn't get shot down but sure you knew that anyway. What would you know about entering a country illegally? You admitted you knew nothing of the vetting process last week. What makes you so informed now?
    It's not brain surgery to be honest. They're two completely different scenarios you are putting side by side. Vetted immigration v walking across a border line. One is a legal process the other is not. Simples.

I see Trump has called out the ' so called ' judge that has put a stay on his racist EO. Looking forward to your assessment of his silence regarding the white supremacist who murdered those Muslims a few days ago but his almost immediate reaction to the machete attack in Paris. Or has the media narrative not cranked up against Trump's agenda enough yet?

WiSE UP SKSTU!
    His executive order is not racist.

He called Trudeau and offered his sympathy and assistance and according to Trudeau was very helpful. He didn't tweet about it I assume because it isn't relevant to the threat of refugees which is what he is attempting to protect against. Spicer was asked about it a number of times during his press briefings this week and said that they will protect all people from internal aggression of that type, that they knew who the major threats are and that they would be taking action. Trump tweeted about the Paris event because it was perpetrated by a Muslim who entered France with bad intent.

OPEN YOUR MIND MR. RAM!!

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    More chance of the liberals triggering a holy war than Steve Bannon.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast