Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures Fri 13th - Tues 17th April 2018

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    A clearly inspiring pre match pep talk from Bradley.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    We just don't seem to be getting the breaks lately. Played really well in Derry, against Dundalk in the league cup, and now tonight by all accounts but got nothing. Luck has to turn soon hopefully.
    Pats had plenty of the ball & played some nice football.
    Some very experienced players in the Pats team with Garvan looking very good at times but very light at centre forward.
    Got in some very good crosses but no one in the middle to convert. Pats brought on Fagan, Markey & Kelly later on but it made little difference.
    Bit of quick thinking from McCormack created the goal & we also hit the post a couple of times.
    Overall poor game but City did just about enough to scrape it.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Sorry @ShamrockRovers about the corner flag take it out of our cup final bonus

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Derry deserved their win last night. We were very good in the first half and missed a few great chances, but Derry were well on top in the second and Vigouroux kept us in the game. We might have survived the loss of the suspended players but no Browne or Duffus meant we were without our best four outfield players. Akinade had a great first half, but totally ran out of steam - seems to be having some health issues possibly related to his surgery last year and isn't fully fit. Very happy with our first half performance in the circumstances, but struggled in the second. The new Brandywell is terrific even though the view from the away section is still poor.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Town 1-0 up in Drogheda. Dean Byrne. Cracking little player that Fenn picked up from Hardwicke in the lower divisions of the LSL.
    Hardwicke play in the top level of the AUL but, yeah, it'd roughly correspond with the fifth tier of the LSL. Some teams like Sheriff obviously a lot better, but a few worse too. Hardwicke are a very good junior club who will produce a lot more LOI players I suspect.

As for Rovers, not our worst performance of the season but same problems there. We don't seem to be able to move through the gears and think things through on the pitch. Horgan can't be blamed this time - we were coasting with 20 minutes to go and collapsed again. A few players need to look at whether they're justifying the faith in them.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    “We know it’s their cup final".

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...-enough-fight/

Bradley doesn't know when to stop digging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Bradly deserves his own his own thread like Kenny Shiels.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    If Rover's are Bohs cup final, going by that trail of thought, Dundalk and Cork are theirs. And they have lost to both of those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    In the interests of balance, I would like to point out that Stephen Bradley is not the only one at Shamrock Rovers to have illusions of grandeur and make wild statements

While there seems to be a media silence currently, here is a Dave McAllister piece from earlier this year after the first defeat to Bohs

SHAMROCK Rovers midfielder David McAllister believes the Hoops are the one team, against whom, all other sides in the league step it up.Given the success the club has enjoyed down through the years, Rovers are a team, McAllister insists, that other sides particularly aim to scalp.

“Something I came to quickly realise last season is that everyone wants to beat Rovers and that’s the team we play for now,” he told The Echo.
    “I wouldn’t say it’s a bitter thing, but teams just want to put one over on you and that’s something we have to deal with.
    “You see it especially with teams who have ex-Rovers players like Bray. They have a point to prove and they managed to beat us twice last season so we’ll be hoping to get a bit of revenge when we play them on Monday” he said.
    http://www.echo.ie/sport/article/bea...ers-mcallister

To put Rovers 'greatness' and 'success' into context, Dave McAllister will be 30 years old this year. Since he was born Rovers have won the league 3 times, have zero FAI Cup win and a single League of Ireland Cup (to be fair they also won the First Division title in that period too)

The level of underachievement at Rovers is only matched by a breathtaking level of arrogance

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    For the sake of contrast, Dundalk over the same period have 6 league titles, 3 FAI Cups, 3 League Cups, (2 1st Division titles).

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    In the interests of balance, I would like to point out that Stephen Bradley is not the only one at Shamrock Rovers to have illusions of grandeur and make wild statements

While there seems to be a media silence currently, here is a Dave McAllister piece from earlier this year after the first defeat to Bohs

To put Rovers 'greatness' and 'success' into context, Dave McAllister will be 30 years old this year. Since he was born Rovers have won the league 3 times, have zero FAI Cup win and a single League of Ireland Cup (to be fair they also won the First Division title in that period too)

The level of underachievement at Rovers is only matched by a breathtaking level of arrogance
    Bradley is a clown, only tolerated by shams because they don’t want to sack another manager. His arrogance is matched only by his incompetence.
    ....long may it last 😊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

You just don’t get or understand heritage , history , context , peasant attitudes etc. and not forgetting inferiority idolization.

No doubt as usual you’ll attempt attempt some reply please try if you do to raise it above your usual intellectually stagnant dross.

Ps - I agree Bradley is poor and should be replaced and I also know we’ll have more days in the sun to add to our long unmatchable history of same , because that has been the natural order of LOI and historyteaches us one thing and that’s that life has an uncanny faculty to repeat itself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    You just don’t get or understand heritage , history , context , peasant attitudes etc. and not forgetting inferiority idolization.
    I would be eager to learn more about the 'peasant attitudes' and 'inferiority idolization' you mention, although I doubt if you are willing or able to explain.

The 'heritage, history, and context' bluff I understand to be about living in a sepia-tinted history. The example of 3 leagues and 0 Fai Cups during Dave McAllister's lifetime puts Rovers as the least successful Dublin club in that period bar UCD and Cabinteely, and an under-achieving phenomenon. All except Rovers staff and fans appear to be able to see that as clear as day.

No doubt as usual you’ll attempt attempt some reply please try if you do to raise it above your usual intellectually stagnant dross.
    I am used to personalised attacks and insults being pretty normal in responses from most Rovers posters, even if you do not include the obligatory "obsession" and "yawn" additions

Ps - I agree Bradley is poor and should be replaced and I also know we’ll have more days in the sun to add to our long unmatchable history of same , because that has been the natural order of LOI and historyteaches us one thing and that’s that life has an uncanny faculty to repeat itself
    PS We don't agree on all that at all - I would like to see Bradser get a contract extension!

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    I would be eager to learn more about the 'peasant attitudes' and 'inferiority idolization' you mention, although I doubt if you are willing or able to explain.

The 'heritage, history, and context' bluff I understand to be about living in a sepia-tinted history. The example of 3 leagues and 0 Fai Cups during Dave McAllister's lifetime puts Rovers as the least successful Dublin club in that period bar UCD and Cabinteely, and an under-achieving phenomenon. All except Rovers staff and fans appear to be able to see that as clear as day.

I am used to personalised attacks and insults being pretty normal in responses from most Rovers posters, even if you do not include the obligatory "obsession" and "yawn" additions

PS We don't agree on all that at all - I would like to see Bradser get a contract extension!
    QED- Pavlov rang his bell and on cue Ezekial comes running - woof woof

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    You sure got one over on him.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    QED- Pavlov rang his bell and on cue Ezekial comes running - woof woof

Would it be fair to say that most Shamrock Rovers fans (and players) suffer from Pavlovian Conditioning, in that they are conditioned to believe that Rovers are a successful club? Even Ireland's number 1 club? Biggest club in Ireland. TM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Bray can be got at over 6/1 for a win and almost 4/1 to draw against The Biggest Club in Ireland (TM) on Monday.

I don't know the odds on Bradley to get sacked this week or Rovers fans to go into total meltdown

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Remarkable goal from Rhys McCabe from inside his own half - (even if the ball was moving when he took the free kick)

https://twitter.com/SSEAirtricityLg/...73621102972928

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Bray can be got at over 6/1 for a win and almost 4/1 to draw against The Biggest Club in Ireland (TM) on Monday.
    Great odds for a cup final.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Remarkable goal from Rhys McCabe from inside his own half - (even if the ball was moving when he took the free kick)

https://twitter.com/SSEAirtricityLg/...73621102972928
    Well taken finish, but definitely should not have been allowed to stand.

28. Thanks From:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast