Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Caoimhín Kelleher GK Liverpool b.1998

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Kelleher was pictured in training on Thursday, ahead of the visit of Brighton. Klopp revealed that Kelleher would not be in the squad at Anfield, with a start for the Liverpool under-21s pencilled in instead. (Thisisanfield.com, 1 Oct). The Arsenal U-21s are 1-0 up after an hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Back in the Liverpool senior squad for their Champions League tie last night, as an unused substitute

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Undefeated in penalty shootouts! Sounds like he had a good game or at least a very good shootout. Anyone watching?
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Had very little to do in an awful game,made 1 really good save in the shootout,really needs to go and play somewhere though,it wont be at Liverpool I feel.........
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Had very little to do in an awful game,made 1 really good save in the shootout,really needs to go and play somewhere though,it wont be at Liverpool I feel.........
    Had very little to do? Saved three penalties and the consensus is they were all excellent saves. Yeah it would be great if he played more, but his performances for us and Liverpool have been consistent. He looks assured, excellent with his feet and radiates calm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Nothing to do in normal time. Superb performance in the penalties. Needs a loan or Bazunu-like move in January. Needs to be bold and demand it

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    the first two were good saves but wow, that third one was world class.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    If it's a straight choice between big nights out at the Bernabeu next year or big nights out at Burnley, it really shouldn't take too long for him to make a decision.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    If it's a straight choice between big nights out at the Bernabeu next year or big nights out at Burnley, it really shouldn't take too long for him to make a decision.
    Yeah ~ ~ Burnley every time.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Is it because I can see it better but the second save looks a great save to me ~ ~ All three were good.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Are Real in for him and making him first choice?
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

16. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    He'll have a cracking view from the bench to be fair and he'll be able to soak the atmosphere in warming Alisson up too, easy decision!

Lad needs to move and move now. His career is passing him by and it's frustrating to watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColourfulPeanut View Post
    He'll have a cracking view from the bench to be fair and he'll be able to soak the atmosphere in warming Alisson up too, easy decision!

Lad needs to move and move now. His career is passing him by and it's frustrating to watch.
    hes 24 relax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    hes 24 relax.
    he's about a quarter of the way through his career*, he still hasn't reached double figures in league appearances, and almost half his career apperances have come in the league cup (8 of 19)
    Nobody is panicing yet, but he unless Alisson gets injured or sold, he really does need to move for first team football

*assuming a career starts at 20, and ends with retirement at 36 = 16 year career, Kelleher is four years into it
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    he's about a quarter of the way through his career*, he still hasn't reached double figures in league appearances, and almost half his career apperances have come in the league cup (8 of 19)
    Nobody is panicing yet, but he unless Alisson gets injured or sold, he really does need to move for first team football

*assuming a career starts at 20, and ends with retirement at 36 = 16 year career, Kelleher is four years into it

he should move in the summer but i think the decision hes made to stay put until now is a good one. Liverpool have done an amazing job at developing him IMO so im not really sure i can question the lack of loans etc. CK has only been a keeper since u15s , he clearly needed to catch up on a lot from a development pov .He wont knock Alisson off the no1 spot so i think a move over the summer is a must. Hes spent 3 years developing in one of the best environments in world football. Pretty unique whatever way you look at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    with any luck a team like leicester finds some investors and comes in for him as their no1 now is shocking.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    he should move in the summer but i think the decision hes made to stay put until now is a good one. Liverpool have done an amazing job at developing him IMO so im not really sure i can question the lack of loans etc. CK has only been a keeper since u15s , he clearly needed to catch up on a lot from a development pov .He wont knock Alisson off the no1 spot so i think a move over the summer is a must. Hes spent 3 years developing in one of the best environments in world football. Pretty unique whatever way you look at it.

Spot on piece of analysis there. His performances, reliability and confidence seem to validate the career path he has chosen. I'd agree next year would be the time to move on.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Not sure on that. All we are seeing are occasional glimpses of the results of the path he chose. We won't know how good he could have been with more games under his belt. We still don't know if he can handle being a number one. He gets injured in training so how's he going to be over a season? How will he cope with the ups and downs etc? He's been great in shootouts and looks good with the ball at his feet. That's about all we can say at this stage.

Although I've said this before, I do like the argument that he's a unique case who is further behind in terms of readiness for senior football who may have benefitted from the slow exposure.

Either way, it sounds like we all agree he should go at this stage.

I hope he starts one of the friendlies at least. Definitely deserves it with Bazunu not looking completely confident at the moment.
    Last edited by ontheotherhand; 10/11/2022 at 7:03 PM.

25. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Only time will tell, but with no disrespect to Bazunu who is a bit of a prodigy and an incredible athlete, I'd put money on Kelleher winning more caps. Liverpool are manufacturing an exceptional keeper. It may well be another club who benefit from their investment. City outsourced Bazunu's development and it appears that there are still frailties and gaps in his development. He's learning and making mistakes in the full glare of the PL and that's not easy.

Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast