Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Anti-vaxxers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    Nah nah nah, you aren’t getting away with that. What was Sweden death rate in 2020 and compare it to the previous 5 years, I already did that from doing my research and found the excess death rate is no different to the previous 5 years.
    8,000 more people died in Sweden last year than in the average for the previous five years, that's what the graph I linked to shows
    There's another comparison between the deaths in 2020 and 2021 with previous years in Sweden here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...cess_mortality
    Clear spikes in April, May, and December of 2020 and January of this year
    I'd be intrigued to see this research of yours

It sort of is though weather he likes it or not.
    Are you saying you know better on the holocaust than the memorial at Auschwitz?
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 08/10/2021 at 11:42 AM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Have you a link to support anything you're saying?

Because tets gave a link which showed excess mortality. And I have a link to support excess mortality. Why should we believe you (with no supporting whatsoever) over Reuters, the King of Sweden, and the ****ing Prime Minister of Sweden?
    Did you not read what I said, I’ve given you some information to search now get to work, I found it so you can too. Yeah that only showed to Jan 2020, 2015-2019 is what needs to be clearly outlined also otherwise it’s no good.

I never said take my word for it, go searching yourself now, you have the internet, you have information from me now you can go see if it’s true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    There's a comparison between the deaths in 2020 and 2021 with previous years in Sweden here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-...cess_mortality
    Clear spikes in April and May of 2020, and December of 2020 and January of this year
    I'd be intrigued to see this research of yours

Are you saying you know better on the holocaust than the memorial at Auschwitz?
    Pretty sure I asked 5 years, not 1 year.

Everything that’s gone on points to it so I must know more surely. Love to see how they aren’t comparable.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 11/10/2021 at 8:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Because I’ve told you information, now it’s up to you to get off your ass and research it, I found this information from digging for it so believe you can too if you really want to. Just like you buy the crap that lockdowns work just because someone from our clown shop of a government said it did, the last thing someone from government wants to do is tell us the lockdown was for nothing so they ofcourse will say they worked…
    You were told information too, but only the other side has to provide any links? Colour me unsurprised.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Did you not read what I said, I’ve given you some information to search now get to work, I found it so you can too. Yeah that only showed to Jan 2020, 2015-2019 is what needs to be clearly outlined also otherwise it’s no good.

I never said take my word for it, go searching yourself now, you have the internet, you have information from me now you can go see if it’s true or not.
    I did, and I saw no links in your post.

I have gone to the internet and posted many links which disprove what you're saying.

Why should I believe your baseless comments?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Pretty sure I asked 5 years, not 1 year.

Everything that’s gone on points to it so I must know more surely. Love to see how they aren’t comparable.
    If you clicked the link, you'd see it compares deaths in Sweden in the last two years with the previous five.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Have you a link to support anything you're saying? Anything at all like?

Because tets gave a link which showed excess mortality. And I gave a link to support excess mortality. Why should we believe you (with no supporting whatsoever) over Reuters, the King of Sweden, and the ****ing Prime Minister of Sweden?

You haven't given one iota of information. I'm not going to go googling your random theories on the off chance I stumble on the same conspiracy theory page as you've been on. You show me where your info is coming from and then we can assess it; that's how reasoned debate works.

People have been hit by cars since they were invented. The reason to look at excess mortality is to explicitly remove stuff like people dying with covid (but not of covid). If there is excess mortality - and tets has shown that there is - then that's a fact independent of car crash victims happening to have covid. In simple terms - if the number of people dying in car crashes in 2019 was the same as in 2020, and if there was significant excess mortality in 2020 (which there was in April in particular), then that's got nothing to do with car crashes. That's the effect of a pandemic.
    Ah see already writing it off before even searching is why I haven’t bothered engaging, you clearly only want to believe one side of the argument and nothing else so it’s like talking to the wall even trying to debate this. You believe totally flawed data and simple statements to make you’re case which is why it doesn’t mean Jack **** to me.

Yeah tets data has compared the previous 5 years, people usually die in high numbers during the same months even in those years due to viruses like the flu, if you had data to show the previous 5 years to show that this death rate isn’t much worse maybe id believe you but you clearly don’t.

For a pandemic there does seem to be a huge effort to boost the death count…thankfully the excess death rate shows this up.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    If you clicked the link, you'd see it compares deaths in Sweden in the last two years with the previous five.
    I haven’t seen where it shows Sweden’s death rate clearly from the previous years in detail, that’s what’s required here.

I did, and I saw no links in your post.

I have gone to the internet and posted many links which disprove what you're saying.

Why should I believe your baseless comments?
    Except your links are a load of complete ********.

I don’t really give a **** if you believe me or not, all I’m trying trying to do is bring common sense to the table and all you are bringing is …well nonsense really.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 11/10/2021 at 8:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Why are my links a load of complete ********?

The BBC, Reuters, the HSE, the Irish Times - why are these ********? Why is the data flawed and simplistic?

You have to give a reason for your views. Because otherwise, I'm calling bull**** on your claim of bull****. And I'm believing the BBC, the HSE, my own eyes when I see India run out of ****ing medical oxygen due to covid treatments.
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 08/10/2021 at 11:53 AM.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I think one of the most interesting things to come out of the Robinson debate is the vastly different approach of the Irish public and media to what has been happening in the UK. There's a reason we have such a high vaccination rate, people have really responded to the calls for personal responsibility and listened to the medical advice, the anti vax conspiracy groups have remained a tiny fringe. In the UK and elsewhere Robinson wouldn't have been questioned on his stance at all, and he presumably expected the same, not realising how strongly pro-vaccine we are. Ironically, of the unvaccinated players in the squad, Robinson is probably the least worrying, as he's had the virus twice his natural immunity should be very high and as has been pointed out he meets all the requirements for an EU travel cert, indoor dining etc. as it is. If any player could be excused from not getting it now (with the risk of a short term impact from the vaccine disrupting his fitness) it's Robinson. It's laudable how well the Irish public have responded and taken up the vaccine and we've seen domestic clubs as well as other professional sports here confirming very high uptake, hopefully that might hit home with some of the other reluctant players in the national squad now.
    Last edited by passinginterest; 08/10/2021 at 1:26 PM.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

10. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    I work with people in India on a daily basis. When things were bad there with the Delta variant the stuff I was hearing on a daily basis was heart wrenching. Most of the folks who work for the company were fine- the company went all out to look after them and their families, getting treatment for them, oxygen, vaccines, removing all work pressure and even giving loans to help people through were needed. But still one of our staff died and a huge number were infected, in one case half a team was out at the same time. Many many more lost friends and in several cases whole families died in the most awful of circumstances. Long Covid remains an issue for some, including one man who was young and a health fanatic.

We are very fortunate here that whatever mistakes we made along the way, we never got to a stage where we were overwhelmed. That makes complacency about Covid a lot easier of course. But the vast, vast majority of the population pulled together, the authorities generally were competent in their response and people did not embrace misinformation like they did elsewhere. And that's a damn good thing.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    I haven’t seen where it shows Sweden’s death rate clearly from the previous years in detail, that’s what’s required here.
    I'm going to try this one last time, here is a graph of the deaths from each month in the last six years in Sweden, grouped by month, from the link I provided
    As you can see, there are clear spikes in April, May, and December of last year, and January of this year.
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 08/10/2021 at 1:48 PM.

14. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    I work with people in India on a daily basis. When things were bad there with the Delta variant the stuff I was hearing on a daily basis was heart wrenching. Most of the folks who work for the company were fine- the company went all out to look after them and their families, getting treatment for them, oxygen, vaccines, removing all work pressure and even giving loans to help people through were needed. But still one of our staff died and a huge number were infected, in one case half a team was out at the same time. Many many more lost friends and in several cases whole families died in the most awful of circumstances. Long Covid remains an issue for some, including one man who was young and a health fanatic.

We are very fortunate here that whatever mistakes we made along the way, we never got to a stage where we were overwhelmed. That makes complacency about Covid a lot easier of course. But the vast, vast majority of the population pulled together, the authorities generally were competent in their response and people did not embrace misinformation like they did elsewhere. And that's a damn good thing.
    110% correct, we are luckily to be both educated and non-selfish ****s.
    So choosing to ignore the undeniable data is outrageous.
    Callum Robinson and every other anti-vax idiots in our squad, who are wealthy healthy young men and to turn around and to risk the most vulnerable people in our society... is quite frankly the most un-Irish thing I've ever seen.. We protect our vulnerable that is who we are. we don't take a view from the internet and "unwittingly" kill an innocent person or people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Would it be unreasonable to charge say €1000 per day to unvaccinated people in hospital and €5000 for those in ICU unless they had a MEDICAL (according to Medical doctors) reason for not taking the vaccine. Given not taking the vaccine dramatically increases your chances of needing to be hospitalized not taking one should have an implication.
    If you leave your keys in the car and its stolen your insurance company wont pay out as you could reasonably have avoided the theft by taking action.
    Same principal.
    My experience with idiots is you have to make things really simple and really painful to make them concentrate and understand.
    If its just a debate then facts dont matter to these people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    It's effectively what they're doing in Israel I think

And Delta Airlines are doing something similar.

Don't see any problems with it. People have to have some sort of responsibility for their decisions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts

Its an interesting way of getting someone to change their views.

Here is my theory. How can I prove it? Well, YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO LOOK IT UP!

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Something tells me Callum Robinson does not give two hoots what people thinks of what he decides to do with is body. The Irish management were free to pick him or not pick him. They chose to pick him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Yes. But none of that challenges the ignorance of his actions, nor the validity of people's complaints about his behaviour.

Which is what we were talking about

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Yes. But none of that challenges the ignorance of his actions, nor the validity of people's complaints about his behaviour.

Which is what we were talking about
    You’d wonder considering all the bru ha ha ~ Why did the Irish Management pick him ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    To play football I guess.

But again, that doesn't challenge the ignorance of his actions, nor the validity of people's complaints about his behaviour.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Funny how the Irish Management is picking so many players ( apparently there are a number in the squad not vaccinated ) that are Not Vaxxed.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Funny how the Irish Management is picking so many players ( apparently there are a number in the squad not vaccinated ) that are Not Vaxxed.
    Kenny is picking them to try save his job.

26. Thanks From:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast